The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Roscrea Drag

shane-1

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
racing will be on 4th of dec start 10 o clock sharp

32big dogs

16 under24

16 under23

make sure ave dogs entered asap by text r call thanks

shane lee 0863296667 :thumbsup: :luck:

32big dogs

16 under24

16 under23

How much is it to enter?

didnt think money was a big thing i thot it was to do with a bit of sport not anymore with all the money thats gettin involved with the shows it show b a bag of food an a thanks for comin thats why there is so many greyhounds brought in for the racing now its a joke

it will be two dogs slipped,,,,

ten euro to enter a dog :thumbsup:

didnt think money was a big thing i thot it was to do with a bit of sport not anymore with all the money thats gettin involved with the shows it show b a bag of food an a thanks for comin thats why there is so many greyhounds brought in for the racing now its a joke
well the price of fuel prize money is not a bad thing :thumbsup:

32big dogs

16 under24

16 under23

How much is it to enter?
Where did the the under 24inch come from Why not 25 or 26 I thought you would have a better turn out with under 21 or 22 giving somr of smaller whippets and whippet crosses a bit of race .Just curious as you I think you are the only ones thae have the 24 inch height restiction What distance is the race over

32big dogs

16 under24

16 under23

How much is it to enter?
Where did the the under 24inch come from Why not 25 or 26 I thought you would have a better turn out with under 21 or 22 giving somr of smaller whippets and whippet crosses a bit of race .Just curious as I think you are the only ones thae have the 24 inch height restiction What distance is the race over?

I think there is place for an U25. Enniscorthy ran one a few weeks ago and it was a success. Gives the medium sized dogs and bitches a chance. U24 is a small pool and raising it to U25 opens it up to even the groups out more.

That`s down to the organisers. Can`t see the Roscrea lads changing to U25 though !

I was shocked to hear that the draw is being made some days before the event. Is this so?

well the price of fuel prize money is not a bad thing :thumbsup:

its only a bit a crack for a days out if i was wanted 2 make money id go 2 work on the saturday its on than racing my dog

32big dogs

16 under24

16 under23

How much is it to enter?
Where did the the under 24inch come from Why not 25 or 26 I thought you would have a better turn out with under 21 or 22 giving somr of smaller whippets and whippet crosses a bit of race .Just curious as I think you are the only ones thae have the 24 inch height restiction What distance is the race over?
it came from r club r rules...like i said befor if we were all to do the same think it would be a sad world...anythink over 24 is classed a big dog like this think could stay going on an on 24 half 25...25 half ;;;26 an on and on...we just try keep everyone happy we never ave any problems we dont run smaller than 23 as its to much hassle...hope this helps :thumbsup:

I think there is place for an U25. Enniscorthy ran one a few weeks ago and it was a success. Gives the medium sized dogs and bitches a chance. U24 is a small pool and raising it to U25 opens it up to even the groups out more.
That`s down to the organisers. Can`t see the Roscrea lads changing to U25 though !
your right marthin it wont be changed in all fairness u seing it yourself in ennis there was some strong 25s...but the lads were happy so tat was it no questions asked hope your new bitch is going well she is a cracking bitch nice one to breed back to ernie :thumbsup:

Yes Shane, but the Under 25`s still wont compete when it matters against the big dogs. Think it just evens the three groups out more. Two of the group winners are already known. ;) Still it`s great to have somewhere to give them a run and as ever, a good day out. Just hope the weather holds out !

Yes a cracking young bitch. Should have a bit of fun with her. Came in season straight away after getting her a fortnight ago, so will just bring her to your meet for the run. Thats why I got her, to breed to Ernie next year. I`ll put you down for one of her pups ! :thumbsup:

I was shocked to hear that the draw is being made some days before the event. Is this so?
(w00t) why is this tat u r shocked daz
I thought the draw would be made on the day when everyone is present. It would rule out anyone being suspicious of any fixing in the draws. But hey! it's your club and your race meeting so i guess it gives you the right to do things as you please though if i was travelling a few hundred miles i would want to see the draw being made. Just out of curiosity when the dogs are being slipped does the lure come from behind the dogs or is it in front of the dogs and what is the format ie are the dogs coupled together or slipped individually by their owners. Some people may be of the attitude of who cares or does it matter but for a dog schooled properly it can give it that little edge. It would be nice to capture the meeting on dvd as i'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

I hope the weather is kind to you you all have a great day and all dogs come of sound.

Hope the all the Northern dogs and owners are that bit richer when they return back north ;)

(w00t) why is this tat u r shocked daz
I thought the draw would be made on the day when everyone is present. It would rule out anyone being suspicious of any fixing in the draws. But hey! it's your club and your race meeting so i guess it gives you the right to do things as you please though if i was travelling a few hundred miles i would want to see the draw being made. Just out of curiosity when the dogs are being slipped does the lure come from behind the dogs or is it in front of the dogs and what is the format ie are the dogs coupled together or slipped individually by their owners. Some people may be of the attitude of who cares or does it matter but for a dog schooled properly it can give it that little edge. It would be nice to capture the meeting on dvd as i'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

I hope the weather is kind to you you all have a great day and all dogs come of sound.

Hope the all the Northern dogs and owners are that bit richer when they return back north ;)
daz tat is an awful think to say to anybody it might go on in your club if your in one but not down ere your not travelling so u wont ave to worry....the draw will be made on the wen nyt befor the racing in lua ryans pup anyone who wants to attend they can reason draw is made wen nyt as we ave to get cards printed out we do thinks the right way....the lure will be coming from behind the shy there is a slipper for the day owners just leave there dog to slipper...there does be a dvd of every race day tat we ave hope this helps allllll your questions :thumbsup:

Yes Shane, but the Under 25`s still wont compete when it matters against the big dogs. Think it just evens the three groups out more. Two of the group winners are already known. ;) Still it`s great to have somewhere to give them a run and as ever, a good day out. Just hope the weather holds out !
Yes a cracking young bitch. Should have a bit of fun with her. Came in season straight away after getting her a fortnight ago, so will just bring her to your meet for the run. Thats why I got her, to breed to Ernie next year. I`ll put you down for one of her pups ! :thumbsup:
when u say under 25 wont conpete when it matters like pats black bitch is not much bigger than 25 inchs so tat does not make much sence...plus in ennis he had to run a bitch 23 quather wit the under 25s would u think tat is fair and she still won...i dont think tat is very fair to others saying u know 2 winners all ready thinks seem to be getting bit out of hand lately over racing nothink only people bitching....there only dogs its suppose to be fun but lately iseeing a different side :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back