The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rosies Pups

kerrie.picolo@btinternet.com said:
rosie had her pups during last night boys and girls 5 sofarall brindle white tips rosie is doing well eatting and drinking i will keep you posted on rosie

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Contrats to you, I purpose thats why you were not at class tonight.

Sue

Envyme said:
the only reason i put rosie back to her dad is the line i want is not around anymore its the old charmol mactavih lines my mum is he only person i know who has got the lines also its double kaymark barbie doll lines  who died last year 

I hope you dont mind me asking but what did Barbie Doll die of as she was not an old bitch was she?

Just interested.

i only handled barbie doll if you get in contact with my mum she will tell you why barbie died

Envyme said:
the only reason i put rosie back to her dad is the line i want is not around anymore its the old charmol mactavih lines my mum is he only person i know who has got the lines also its double kaymark barbie doll lines  who died last year 

I hope you dont mind me asking but what did Barbie Doll die of as she was not an old bitch was she?

Just interested.

i only handled barbie doll if you get in contact with my mum she will tell you why barbie died

So............your own mom didnt tell you why she died??? And you handled her???

How strange, i'm sure my mom would have told ME why the dog i handled died :eek:

Dont worry it was just curiousity as to why a relatively young bitch had died?

Envyme said:

Just interested.

barbie had a brain bleed stroke and was in the vets for over a week and had a cafiter fitedso she could pass water and vet said it would be kinder to to be put to sleep

nicky12 said:
nicky12 said:
congrats on your new litter  (w00t) im not being nasty or trying to cause an arguement ,but i dont understand this father to  daughter breeding thing ,can you explain in simply terms to me what you get from this mating and why you breed so close  :blink: as to me i would think its not a good thing to breed so close, ok i dont know diddly squat about breeding so close ext but il be interested for you to put you story throu on why you did this mating and what you hope to achieve ,and any down falls to breeding so close i mean what are the health risk or deformitys (if any ) from doing this .ooo yes can we have some puppy pics now please  :- "
the only reason i put rosie back to her dad is the line i want is not around anymore its the old charmol mactavih lines my mum is he only person i know who has got the lines also its double kaymark barbie doll lines who died last year my rosie is an out cross one line tawly the othere kaymark i would not have mated her to her dad if i could have found another dog with those line i also know there are no problems on those lines to me if you are going to line breed if the line you like is a clear line its ok to line breed but if you know of any problems on a line then you dont line breed i will put a pedigree up of rosies pups i will be doing the pics of rosies boys tomorrow if you have any thing you want to know just ask and i will get back

i wanted a bitch with welsh breeding in her and thats what i waited for and got ,and in next year i hope to put my blue to her as i think they will have gorguse babies and ther temperaments are outstanding both of them ,im thinking is this a good enough reason to put my blue to tia , :sweating:
Temperament is just ONE thing you should be considering when breeding, do they have any faults such as badly constructed shoulders, bad mouth, size, ears etc that need improvement so that hopefully the whippets you breed relate more closely to the breed standard? If Tia has, then you should use a dog that compliments her and is more correct in the features that she is weak in.

Sorry to say but in every owners eyes there dog is gorgeous and perfect and will have gorgeous pups - but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be bred from (I am talking in general here not about you specifically)

You should also be looking at what is behing the sire and dam - what were they like, did they have health problems, were they very big - all these things could re-emerge.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have a one in a liftime dog, you love so much, I can really understand that you wanted to do this breeding. there will be always pro and contra's, whatever you do or what you don't do. But if you don't dare to make the decision, well you will not know result.

I have already seen sister-brother puppies, and were healty.

and sometimes one makes a choice for fabulous dog combination and outstanding pedigrees, and you and up with problems. Even if you think that everything will be ok, there can be a snake under the grass.... And on the other side, when you are expection the less, you have much more than you could ever dream of,

So :

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS WITH THE 5 BOYS

and wishing you a lot of succes!!

Temperament is just ONE thing you should be considering when breeding, do they have any faults such as badly constructed shoulders, bad mouth, size, ears etc that need improvement so that hopefully the whippets you breed relate more closely to the breed standard? If Tia has, then you should use a dog that compliments her and is more correct in the features that she is weak in.

Sorry to say but in every owners eyes there dog is gorgeous and perfect and will have gorgeous pups - but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be bred from (I am talking in general here not about you specifically)

You should also be looking at what is behing the sire and dam - what were they like, did they have health problems, were they very big - all these things could re-emerge.

An excellent post.

I think you need to look really long and hard at the dogs you have got; consider their strengths and weaknesses and as Jo says do a lot of research to find a dog that will compliment your bitch.

heres the pics of rosie and her pups taken at a day old pups and mum are doing well all of the pups cords are off

rosie_and_pups2small.jpg

rosieand_pups_1small.jpg

They look really nice :wub:

hope you will find in thos littles ones what you are looking for :) :)

nicky12 said:
congrats on your new litter  (w00t) im not being nasty or trying to cause an arguement ,but i dont understand this father to  daughter breeding thing ,can you explain in simply terms to me what you get from this mating and why you breed so close  :blink: as to me i would think its not a good thing to breed so close, ok i dont know diddly squat about breeding so close ext but il be interested for you to put you story throu on why you did this mating and what you hope to achieve ,and any down falls to breeding so close i mean what are the health risk or deformitys (if any ) from doing this .ooo yes can we have some puppy pics now please  :- "
the only reason i put rosie back to her dad is the line i want is not around anymore its the old charmol mactavih lines my mum is he only person i know who has got the lines also its double kaymark barbie doll lines who died last year my rosie is an out cross one line tawly the othere kaymark i would not have mated her to her dad if i could have found another dog with those line i also know there are no problems on those lines to me if you are going to line breed if the line you like is a clear line its ok to line breed but if you know of any problems on a line then you dont line breed i will put a pedigree up of rosies pups i will be doing the pics of rosies boys tomorrow if you have any thing you want to know just ask and i will get back

Kerrie, could you please, put some punctuation in your posts? The way you write is too difficult to read. :)

beautiful pups well done rosie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T Hoare said:
Others may disagree but I believe there is a difference in line breeding and inbreeding.
What matters is how inbred the line already is. In theory, line breeding is less severe form of inbreeding. But such severe inbreeding like sire to daughter, should be avoided for all the reasons that were discussed in the recent thread;

line breeding

barbie had a brain bleed stroke and was in the vets for over a week and had a cafiter fitedso she could pass water and vet said it would be kinder to to be put to sleep
I would have certainly be wise to find exactly why Barbie had a brain bleed stroke, before line breeding into those lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back