The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Running Dogs On Hard Ground

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
rodders said:
I get the impression that some people thought there was a dodgy reason for you not running the bitch at the weekend,maybe you could enlighten us.Oh and i've got a question about Miss Ellie.Did she once belong to Billy Craige(Limbo)I'm sure he sent me a picture of his bitch and she was called Miss Ellie
WELL RODDERS FACT IS THE BITCH RAN WELL THE WEEK BEFORE THE ALL IRELAND COMING FIRST IN A RACE AGAINST GOOD DOGS ONE BEING COLT AND SHE WON THAT.

THEN THE ALL IRELANDS HER FORM WAS MAGIC AND SHE WON THAT, SO SHE IS IN TIP TOP FORM AND DOING REALLY WELL WHICH TOOK CHANGING HER WHOLE DIET AND A LOT LOT LOT OF TRAINING.

I HAVE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT GIVEN THE TYPE OF RACE ITS LENGTH ETC... THAT COLT OR ANOTHER MAY BEAT HER TO THE FINNISH LINE, NO DOG CAN WIN EVERYTHING! HOWEVER; THAT SAID WE LIKE TO MAKE SURE THAT WE DONT PUT HER IN ANY HAZARDOUS POSITIONS WHERE SHE CAN INJURE HERSELF WHEN SHE IS ON TOP FORM.

THE BITCH HAS DODGY TOES AT THE MINUTE SOMETHING SHE IS ATTENDING THE VET FOR, SO NOT RUNNING HER HAD TO DO WITH FRANKIE THINKING THAT IT MAY DAMAGE HER WHATEVER THE FEELING WAS BY OTHER PEOPLE WHO LET THEIR DOGS RUN.

FACT IS IF ANYONE THOUGHT THAT HE WAS TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT BECUASE SHE COULDNT WIN, THEY SHOULD FIRST OF ALL THINK BACK TO THE LAST TWO RACES ONE OF WHICH WAS THE ALL IRELANDS AND REMEMBER HOW GOOD SHE WAS AND ALSO IF THEY FELT LIKE THAT AT THE TIME "DID THEY NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY IT TO FRANKIES FACE"??????

THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MYSELF, SOMEONE BEING HONEST INSTEAD OF ALL THIS WELL DONE MATE YOUR BITCH IS IN BRILLIANT FORM AND THEN TURNING TO THE NEXT PERSON AND SLATING HER BECAUSE OF PURE AND UTTER JEALOUSY!

ANYWAY YES MISS ELLIE USED TO BELONG TO BILLIE CRAIG AND NOW WE OWN HER AND HAVE DONE FOR MAY YEARS NOW. MISS MADAMS DOG TORI IS ALSO LITTER SISTER TO OUR DOGS.

oi oi !!

hope youre not refering to me miss nic !! :eek: ive always congratulated any dog that has beaten me. frankie and i are good mates and always will be and we both know that on the day either of our dogs can win. ballywalter for example last month colt beat ellie may one day and whistler the next, then the next time they meet ellie may beat colt. such is the racing game ! :thumbsup:

ive always maintained...ID RATHER COLT WAS BEATEN BY A GOOD DOG NOW AND AGAIN THAN BEAT A LOAD OF SLOW DOGS EVERYTIME...wheres the prestige in that ? there is none.

and ellie may is a great dog :thumbsup: we both said at the start of the year it was always going to be about your 2 and my colt...and we were correct!

its just about what happens on the day. .

so wind your neck in or ill hit you a slap.. ninja nic :p

j :D hn

At the end of the day your dog your choice nobody knows your dog better than you if you feel it should not run for whatever reason what the hell has it got to do with anyone else IMHO

stormydog said:
oi oi !!    hope youre not refering to me miss nic !! :eek:      ive always congratulated any dog that has beaten me. frankie and i are good mates and always will be and we both know that on the day either of our dogs can win. ballywalter for example last month colt beat ellie may one day and whistler the next, then the next time they meet ellie may beat colt. such is the racing game !   :thumbsup:

ive always maintained...ID RATHER COLT WAS BEATEN BY A GOOD DOG NOW AND AGAIN THAN BEAT A LOAD OF SLOW DOGS EVERYTIME...wheres the prestige in that ?  there is none.

and ellie may is a great dog  :thumbsup:    we both said at the start of the year it was always going to be about your 2 and my colt...and we were correct!

its just about what happens on the day.  .

so wind your neck in or ill hit you a slap.. ninja nic  :p

j :D hn

OH ILL PUNCH YOU YOU BETTER CATCH ME.

AS I SAID JOHN NO DOG CAN WIN EVERYTHING! I AM REFERING TO THE PEOPLE WHO INDICATE THAT THE DOG WAS TAKEN OUT BY MEANS OTHER THAN THE TRUTH, IF YOU FELT THAT WAY AS WELL THE YES I AM REFERING TO YOU AS WELL, ITS AS IF FRANKIE WAS AFRAID TO RUN HER, BUT NONE THE LESS IF WE ARE OVERPROTECTIVE OF OUR DOG ITS BECUASE WE WANT HER TO DO WELL.

AS I SAID EARLIER I THINK A FEW PEEPS ARE TRYING TO MIX IT UP, BUT THATS OKAY BECAUSE I KNOW IF THEY NEW ME THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

:ph34r:

BUT I AM GOING TO DEFEND MYSELF SO IF I SAY A FEW THINGS ALONG THE WAY TO RUFFLE SOMEONES FEATHERS ITS ONLY CAUSE THEY RUFFLED MINE!

:teehee: (w00t) :- " :p :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY JOHNNY,

WAS THE GROUND AS HARD AS YOUR HEAD??? LOL LOL LOL LOL

(w00t) :- " :- " :p :teehee:

at the end of the day all dogs are precious to us, but if the ground was felt to be unsuitable then no dogs should have run, even for fun, each to their own but if i thought 1 of mine couldnt run then none would, just my humble opinion :thumbsup:

THE GROUND WAS UNSUITABLE FOR A DOG WITH DODGY TOES, IS NOONE GETTING WHAT I AM SAYING HERE? FOR THE BITCH WHO DID RUN SHE IS FINE!

I LOVE ALL MY DOGS SO GET THE IDEA THAT THEY ARE JUST POSSETIONS OUT OF YOUR HEADS BECUASE YOU ARE WRONG, READ WHAT I AM SAYING!!!

8)

muppet means to anyone who runs on hard ground,, its just not worth it in the long run.. ;)

Ooops put the other post in the wrong thread. Frankie and Nicola the pressure is on....now that Ellie May is the All Ireland champion you can rest assured that every race you go to the others who have a chance to win are trying there damnest....if you aren't happy with the ground or the dog or both don't run as if she loses you will be kicking yourself. I remember when i came back a few years ago with Maddy from Chatsworth that i was bricking myself at each race for a number of weeks as i knew there were many people who wanted to see Maddy beat so i can understand how you feel. I bet if you talked both to Billy Harper and Billy Craig they know that feeling as for some reason some people don't like to see others doing well. You can also be sure that there are others out there who also want to see Torri get beat also, and should Colt turn up the heat and beat Ellie May, John will be in the same position but like the saying goes....it goes with the territory. I'm sure some of the successful people from the mainland who are reading this who have been successful over the years with their lurchers know where i'm coming from.

Good luck to you all for the rest of the show season!

baby1 said:
THE GROUND WAS UNSUITABLE FOR A DOG WITH DODGY TOES, IS NOONE GETTING WHAT I AM SAYING HERE?  FOR THE BITCH WHO DID RUN SHE IS FINE!
I LOVE ALL MY DOGS SO GET THE IDEA THAT THEY ARE JUST POSSETIONS OUT OF YOUR HEADS BECUASE YOU ARE WRONG, READ WHAT I AM SAYING!!!

8)

well i agree wit nic n get wot shes sayin! lol :thumbsup: ..if the ground was hard then i knw that i wudnt run my dogs on it incase they did get hurt...n pullin her outa da race was da best thing to do :thumbsup: ..wud u wanna risk injurin ur dog? we all knw dat frankie's dogs r in top condition n r well able to beat all of us - dat was proven at da All Ireland! so i think they did right by pullin their dog out! Y wud ya risk it? I knw dat at Moira they ground was a mess ( wasnt hard like but was dug up evrywere) n dad wudnt risk runnin r bitches at all incase they got hurt! n if her dog was already hurt then its all da more reason not to run it!

oh ferfuxsake...can we just move on from this one now................hard ground soft ground ......who cares. its everyones decision if they think ground is hard or soft.. -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back