The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad, But Happy News

June Jonigk

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Andrew has asked me to post the sad news that the Brooks family have lost the wonderful Serena just 4 months from her 18th birthday. Andrew and Julie have given her a wonderful life, which of late had become very high maintenace, but she was happy and eating well, and no matter how much hard work she was, they gave her everything necessary to make her life happy and comfortable. Leah and Emma have grown up with Serena, and have never known life without her, so she will be sadly missed by them both too.

Serena achieved everything her owners could have wished for, winning race after race, and I still remember the first time we saw her running at Old Hall and consequently meeting Andrew and Julie and falling in love with Serena. She was never out of the Top Ten be it Whippet News or Superstars throughout her racing career. We were lucky enough to have one of her puppies. our Dangermouse who is still going strong and will be 14 in October. From being lucky enough to have one of Serena's pups all those years ago, came a lifelong friendship with Andrew and Julie who we don't get to see often enough, but always have plenty to talk about when we do meet up.

Serena leaves a large gap in the Brooks household, but they still have 4 of her decendants who keep them on their toes! Losing Serena is of course very sad, but Andrew and Julie have many special memories, and are happy that she had such a long and wonderful life.

RIP lovely girl xxx

Thats so sad. She did live a long and happy life though so she was one of the lucky ones.

Commiserations to Andrew, Julie, Leah & Emma. They will have many happy memories of her as will many others.

RIP Serena - go get the bunnies.

RIP Serena :( What a good age she lived to :D My thoughts are with Andrew, Julie and family :huggles:

Rip Serena i have heard such wonderful things of you just sorry i never got to see you run

GO CHASE THE BUNNIES LITTLE ONE

LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGGS THE BLUE GANG XXXX

What a wonderful tribute to an obviously much loved and special dog.

RIP Serena, run fast & run free as you did in your youth

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back