The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad Loss

~Sally~

Herts Uni Student
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am heartbroken to be posting this, on tuesday night i got a phone call from mum to say she had to have our 16year old tess put to sleep that evening. As a few of you will know (especially jac) mum & our vets have done everything they possibly could to keep her going, sadly old age got the better of her and she started going downhill on sunday and by tuesday her legs had just given up.

Tess was a lovely dog, i remember going to collect her with mum and her hanging off my hair on the way home!! Tess was a fantastic racer for mum and excelled on the bends something she passed onto her daughter my precious girl eve. Her determination and spirit were amazing and she never ever gave up, even as an old girl she fought everything to keep going, amazing even our own vets.

I wish there was something i could say to make it hurt less mum but there isn't, take comfort in the fact you took her when the time was right and you did everything you possibly could for her, she lives on in her wonderful offspring who have made us so proud on & off the track. She couldn't have asked for a better life than you gave her and we will all miss her terribly, i can't stand the thought of coming home and her not being there.

RIP Tessie, look after your grandchild Adam & April for us xxx

6354965535_eb3529ab73_z.jpg

6354965245_43a7276539_z.jpg

6354965333_bdee20718f_z.jpg

6354965735_31e69dfa87_z.jpg

6354965639_543ae7fa03_z.jpg

R.I.P Tessie ...Run free.Thinking of you all at this sad time :( As i had my old girl put P.T.S just a week ago :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to be reading your sad news Sally, I remember Tess well, as she was running well at the time i was racing my old girl Twice as Nice, RIP Tess, thinking of you all, its so hard but can only echo what you have said, she has had a great life, with the best owners :( x

so sorry for your loss sally & elaine it's very heartbreaking when we have to let them go.

So sorry to hear your sad news Sally and Elaine. R.I.P Tess. xxxxx

My heart goes out to both you and your mum Sally. I know the struggles you have had with Tess these last few months and I know that no one could have done more for her. The fight that this little girl has put up is totally amazing, she truly fought through to the end. Elaine please take comfort from the fact that Tess is not having to fight any more. You have done the finest thing that any of us could ever do for our babies. You loved her enough to let her go and be at peace.

God Bless Tess, run free sweet girl, you will be sorely missed. xx

God bless mum love Owen xxxx

Sorry to hear of your loss r I p tess run free x

:unsure: I know exactly how you're both feeling. Life's a trial but Tess has to struggle no more. You loved her enough to let her go and that's hard, but you did it. Take comfort from the fact that she's free and with you always! Take care and hope to see you both soon! :wub:

sorry for your loss. RIP little one xxx

really sorry Elaine and Sal you did right by her she had a wonderful life RIP TESS

She gave so much and asked for nothing, only your love.

She had the best home ever and had a wonderful life with you, she has left us with so many happy memories.

RIP Tess xxxx

So very sorry to read this Sal,my heart goes out to you and Elaine.RIP Tess,you've left loads of wonderful memories behind.Give your Mum a cuddle from me Sal xxxx

so sorry to hear of your sad news we no how you must be feeling at this moment r.i.p. tess run free little girlie never forgotten

bett and melissa xxx

sad news r.i.p tess ,even at 16 its heart breaking.

dave,di

you have done the best for her Elaine when the time came R.I.P Tess

Sorry to hear this sad news ,R.I.P.Tess

I've tried to reply on here loads of times and i just can't come up with anything.

There's no better thing that dog ownership, the total devotion, loyalty and endless love they give you, the constant aim to please and of course the many happy memories they give you.

There is also no worse feeling, the absolute gut wrenching ache in your heart that you just can't explain and the huge void they leave in your life when you lose them.

I can only say with tears welling up my eyes what my vet said to me, it is an amazing thing you can do for them when they have given you so many years of happiness, to end their suffering.

No matter what age, it always seems to soon and that ache in your heart never leaves you but after a while it doesn't seem so raw.

Tess was an amazing little girl, and you amazing owners. Be proud xx

Love Vicky, Mark and all the gang xxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back