The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Salam Show 11th & 12th August

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
If people want to put the results of the show on this website, it would be nice if they put up all the results including the over 23inch racing champion on both days, which was Ash owned by Russel, instead of just putting up selected results that their dogs appear in. Mike

mike palmer said:
If people want to put the results of the show on this website, it would be nice if they put up all the results including the over 23inch racing champion on both days, which was Ash owned by Russel, instead of just putting up selected results that their dogs appear in. Mike
yes but as i said results to the best of my knowledge i wernt there it was 8,30 at night and HAD to go

markbrick said:
mike palmer said:
yes but as i said results to the best of my knowledge i wernt there it was 8,30 at night and HAD to go

but my dogs shouldnt apear in so many results as there only average as you said mike :thumbsup: mark

iam surprised non of the organisers only one judge has commented about the show,and there reading this thread :thumbsup: mark

right, mark stop bigging yourself up , let the dogs do the talking, i do disagree with somethings you do and as much as it pains me to say it , you are doing exceptionally well with the dogs! :thumbsup: i do think dogs should be fit enough to run on a hot day with the correct care and management

no one can dispute the fact your dogs are the top of their game at this time, but please stop digging at everyone and at least praise those others who do well too!!!

i would too like to see full results just to see who won what :thumbsup:

have you had a trial against the non peds as yet? just to see what is what? that id like to see!

have to say its great to see proper workers at the top, a subject close to my heart :)

thankyou very much thats nice coming from you,as usualy youre a bitch to me,but hey we can :huggles: and make up,its not up to me to put the results up its up to the show organisers i only put up what i knew and since i won a lot i knew a bit,yes run a lot of non peds and even one on sunday which on an average day is agood 10 lenghs of my bitch i beat a lot more then i loose against ,marl

me a bitch!!!!! (w00t) never!!!! :- "

mark as i have said to your face, the issues i have with you ( well in a box) im not 2 faced, as you know i will state my case :- "

them dogs are getting the results, and thats down to you :thumbsup: just please stop and think b4 you post!!! you are such a markprick at times!!!! :oops: (w00t)

the working lurcher , no finer dog !!!

oh and btw you havent got the best dog in the country coz i have :D the very able mabel :wub:

posh totty said:
me a bitch!!!!!  (w00t)   never!!!!  :- "

mark as i have said to your face, the issues i have with you ( well in a box) im not 2 faced, as you know i will state my case  :- "

them dogs are getting the results, and thats down to you  :thumbsup:   just please stop and think b4 you post!!! you are such a markprick at times!!!!  :oops:   (w00t)

the working lurcher , no finer dog !!!

oh and btw you havent got the best dog in the country coz i have  :D   the very able mabel  :wub:

no problems i wont argue with a women when it comes to dogs i will let you have it for now,mark

well hi to all who attended the salem show at the weekend, I also attended and cannot believe all i am reading about it, I am a little confused as to whether this mark brick is actually a dog lover or a cat hater. It seems he has a personal vendeta against the organiser which is such a shame as the whole event was well organised and prettymuch everyone had a good weekend excluding of course above named person.. So sad as lurcher and terrier racing is becoming a dying thing is it not, especially in cornwall. So instead of supporting this it seems that some people will spend their time picking holes in the event or is it just the organiser, which are actually totally out of order and not true. If you had walked your dogs around the field you would have come across a huge granite water trough which was actually full of clean water! Or like the rest of us caryy water in your vehicle for your dog at all times, How can people harp on about dog welfare when they run their dogs as many times as that. I actually watched the race where the organisers dog won, i was so disapointed to see bad sportsman ship from one known loser. leaving immediately after the race, whether he had to go or not, no one likes a sore loser, it is embarrasing to watch., Lets just hope that a certain someone sees sense and backs down and knows the word sorry. FAIR PLAY TO CAT AND MIKE FOR A FANTASTIC WEEKEND, SHOW AND B B Q I LOOK FORWARD TO ATTENDING ANOTHER ONE. hopefully with out the bloke who threw his dummy out the pram

unitedflower said:
well hi to all who attended the salem show at the weekend, I also attended and cannot believe all i am reading about it, I am a little confused as to whether this mark brick is actually a dog lover or a cat hater.  It seems he has a personal vendeta against the organiser which is such a shame as the whole event was well organised and prettymuch everyone had a good weekend excluding of course above named person..  So sad as lurcher and terrier racing is becoming a dying thing is it not, especially in cornwall. So instead of supporting this it seems that some people will spend their time picking holes in the event or is it just the organiser, which are actually totally out of order and not true.  If you had walked your dogs around the field you would have come across a huge granite water trough which was actually full of clean water! Or like the rest of us caryy water in your vehicle for your dog at all times,  How can people harp on about dog welfare when they run their dogs as many times as that.  I actually watched the race where the organisers dog won, i was so disapointed to see bad sportsman ship from one known loser. leaving immediately after the race, whether he had to go or not, no one likes a sore loser, it is embarrasing to watch.,  Lets just hope that a certain someone sees sense and backs down and knows the word sorry.  FAIR PLAY TO CAT AND MIKE FOR A FANTASTIC WEEKEND, SHOW AND B B Q I LOOK FORWARD TO ATTENDING ANOTHER ONE.  hopefully with out the bloke who threw his dummy out the pram
:cheers: Hi Unitedflower, Very well said who ever you are!!!If people want to keep on racing thier lurchers they should support these advents and now pick holes in them... :thumbsup: Hope you do come next year!! Diane.

gabbitas31 said:
unitedflower said:
well hi to all who attended the salem show at the weekend, I also attended and cannot believe all i am reading about it, I am a little confused as to whether this mark brick is actually a dog lover or a cat hater.  It seems he has a personal vendeta against the organiser which is such a shame as the whole event was well organised and prettymuch everyone had a good weekend excluding of course above named person..  So sad as lurcher and terrier racing is becoming a dying thing is it not, especially in cornwall. So instead of supporting this it seems that some people will spend their time picking holes in the event or is it just the organiser, which are actually totally out of order and not true.  If you had walked your dogs around the field you would have come across a huge granite water trough which was actually full of clean water! Or like the rest of us caryy water in your vehicle for your dog at all times,  How can people harp on about dog welfare when they run their dogs as many times as that.  I actually watched the race where the organisers dog won, i was so disapointed to see bad sportsman ship from one known loser. leaving immediately after the race, whether he had to go or not, no one likes a sore loser, it is embarrasing to watch.,  Lets just hope that a certain someone sees sense and backs down and knows the word sorry.  FAIR PLAY TO CAT AND MIKE FOR A FANTASTIC WEEKEND, SHOW AND B B Q I LOOK FORWARD TO ATTENDING ANOTHER ONE.  hopefully with out the bloke who threw his dummy out the pram
:cheers: Hi Unitedflower, Very well said who ever you are!!!If people want to keep on racing thier lurchers they should support these advents and now pick holes in them... :thumbsup: Hope you do come next year!! Diane.

yes i will be going and to alot more shows as well, watch this space lol

markbrick said:
rodders said:
How hot was it Mark?,28 degrees 'To hot for the dogs', :sweating: and how many events did yours run in :wacko:
ok i agree to hot ,the black bitch ,sim quarter final long jump won, hurdles won, and racin 2 heats and half runs they caught the lure and i agree but when i got there the women runing it came up and told me my dog wasnt to run, i got paul james john miles and little graham to independantly check her as all 3 were judging somthing on the day and they said shes :thumbsup: she run 18 times and a non ped couldnt beat her ,now before you start i monitor my dogs and there 100% fit and if i thought they were at risk i would of pulled the pin it was never that bad and the non ped run 2 heats and couldnt beat her,mark what pisses me of is they didnt have any shade are water for the dogs and they wouldnt let you drive down to the bottom with your dogs,now i happen to know the farmer and he has no problem as long as the fields left clean and there excuse was the farmer didnt want no driving on the field BULL SHIT

18 times sure it wasn't 18 strides.Any fair organiser would of arranged it differently to give les runs.And any owner who cared about there dogs wouldn't of done it,And can a dog really be fresh and strong for 18 runs.

we attanded the show weekend and can say it might not have finished till late but it was non stop action all weekend.

well done to all winners, like someone has said it would be good to see all results as these dogs are a real credit to there owners.

we were made to feel welcome and think that putting on a show like that takes alot of dedication and time and this one was even for charity!. They are just letting us have a fantastic show that cornwall well and truly needs.

THANKYOU TO ALL ORGANISERS

unitedflower said:
right,lets expose you to see which one of the organisers you are,1 the trough was full of stagnent water i should know as i watched many people incl myself wash the dogs down in it,2 were was any water put out for the dogs until sunday lunch when i told them to,3i left after as it was 8,30 and how many false starts in my heat only ,did my dog have then in that race???why not in the organisers dogs race????4what about the organiser saying to me 1st thing sat morning put your fecking dog back inits box shes on heat when 3 judges checked her and she was ok,5 WHO GIVE ALL THE TROPHYS TO THE SHOW FOR THAT DAY??? AND WHO WON THEM BACK ONLY TO LET THEM KEEP EM FOR ANOTHER CHARITY EVENT,who bidded the highest for the dog food for charity me and me,who wouldnt let people go down the field and park there vehicles as there was no shade and water so we needed to keep the dogs in the vehicles and water with them,i spoke to the farmer and it was ok to do that as dont forget i have land around there and lamp them fields alot,who won 6 possible 7 out of9 events me now gabbitas is an official on the day which was you

mike palmer said:
me and mike have had a lenghly conversation today and sorted out our slight problems which have been caused by jealous backstabbers,we both wont be getting into it anymore,and to the organiser of the show i can now confirm you made the bad rule about the long jump as paul james didnt say it mike wasnt told properly john miles totally agreed my dog won and di she witnessed it all,and made the correct decision on the dayand put her differances aside,the other dogs owner is very sporting its the organiser i have the problem with no body else,mark

To all those bitching about show organisers.......................... Put one on yourself. l

Untill you have, you dont know what your on about. All shows are run by VOLUNTEERS. Dont bitch them up, or there will be no shows to go to. If you win, enjoy, if you loose, take it in your stride. Sore loosers are like spoilt kids.....its not a pretty sight!!!

well i had a lovely weekend at the show and would like to thank to organisers for there hospitality ,i won some and i lost some,and as you say they are volunteres ,and there where lots of events ,and it all ran pretty smoothly ,lol especially as we where in cornwall and everything happens drectly

as for water it was unfortunate there was none running but you cant have everything ,i always make sure i carry enough for my dogs in the car, so its then a bonus if theres some on site ,i dont like to rely on others for my dogs welfare ,

anyway there was a guy taking action shots at the show and im so pleased with mine i thought id share it lol

this is my 12" bustle win
bustleracing_MG_6273-01.jpg
ning the terrier coursing

great photo do you know if he is on this site ? as if he could put up some more it would be good .

Its great to see the dogs in action!!!

PS WELL DONE TO YOUR TERRIER

jml said:
great photo do you know if he is on this site ? as if he could put up some more it would be good .
Its great to see the dogs in action!!!

PS WELL DONE TO YOUR TERRIER

to be honest i dont think he owns dogs ,but comes with his friend to the show because he enjoys taking the shots ,but i was lookng on another friends web site and theres lots of pictures of coursing from lurcher world exeter so worth a look someone may spot there dog on there , sorry cant post the link its farlap-photography

markbrick said:
unitedflower said:
right,lets expose you to see which one of the organisers you are,1 the trough was full of stagnent water i should know as i watched many people incl myself wash the dogs down in it,2 were was any water put out for the dogs until sunday lunch when i told them to,3i left after as it was 8,30 and how many false starts in my heat only ,did my dog have then in that race???why not in the organisers dogs race????4what about the organiser saying to me 1st thing sat morning put your fecking dog back inits box shes on heat when 3 judges checked her and she was ok,5 WHO GIVE ALL THE TROPHYS TO THE SHOW FOR THAT DAY??? AND WHO WON THEM BACK ONLY TO LET THEM KEEP EM FOR ANOTHER CHARITY EVENT,who bidded the highest for the dog food for charity me and me,who wouldnt let people go down the field and park there vehicles as there was no shade and water so we needed to keep the dogs in the vehicles and water with them,i spoke to the farmer and it was ok to do that as dont forget i have land around there and lamp them fields alot,who won 6 possible 7 out of9 events me now gabbitas is an official on the day which was you

right ok, when i went to the water trough the water was not bad, but i can see that after people washing their dogs in it, it would become stagnant, But that is neither here nor there. You have no need to expose me as you put it, as i was nothing to do with the show, i came along because i had been told about it, as i was told about this forum, as i has overheard the name mentioned, i only came on here to say what a lovely day i had had but after reading your comments i felt i had to leave one myself. even after reading my comment, which you have sadly failed to take in, you are still slagging off the organiser, which to me is discusting behaivior for a adult, but then that is my opinion and the above passage was only that as well. such a shame you have reacted in this way, it is only taking away the fact that this event was organised by people who are passionate about thier dogs and enjoy a good days banter racing and showing, followed by a good old get together in the evening.Yes i know cat and mike because they made the effort to talk to me, I find her the most honest upfront woman i have ever met. every one is intitled to their opinion, but there is a difference between opinions and malicious comments. take a look at the comments people are leaving, then please wake up and smell the coffee. jenny

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back