The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Saying Hello

Colin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello, I have joined the site to obtain information and possibly help as we hope to add a puppy to our family during 2020.

Hi there .. have you decided on a breed/breeder or will you be adopting?

Hi all, thanks for the welcome. Still in early stages. I have contacted a number of breeders and waiting to hear back about visiting them soon.

What breed(s) are you looking at?

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

If you're looking for a rescue , then I expect the RSPCA and Dogs Trust etc will have some for rehoming in the New year when Christmas pups are dumped .

Hello and welcome good luck in finding a puppy:)

The MOST important thing to know about Spanish Water Dogs is... they are so darn cute, we will insist on seeing photos of the pup every five minutes :D Good luck in finding the perfect dog for you.

We had a member who had Portuguese Water Dogs - she hasn't been on for a while but on the (perhaps incorrect) assumption they are similar, she might have some advice; so tagging @PWDmum

As I understand it, hip and elbow dysplasia are risks do please make sure the parents have good scores.

They are a working breed and need lots of stimulation ...
My friend has two and they are working dogs ;)

Hello all, just to update you we are getting our puppy tomorrow, so excited!

I’m sure l will be posting at lot more in the future asking for advice after he arrives.

How exciting! Are you still getting a Spanish water dog? Have the lockdown restrictions made picking him up difficult? I understood that travelling to get a puppy was regarded as non-essential.

Can't wait to see photos!

Hi JudyN, yes we are still getting a SWD. We are not able to collect him but breeders are allowed to deliver under the rules.

I promise to post some photos when I work out how to do it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back