The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scared Gsd

Scarbatonplayboy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( Can someone please help me I'm desperate!

A few days ago my G.S.D. growled very nastily at me and I don't know why. Since then he has done it a few more times and is very reluctant to go anywhere near me.

My G.S.D. ( Jordan ) has always been very close to me and never leaves my side and can has even been known to run around the house franticly trying to find me if I've crept out while he was asleep.

He is very wary of me going anywhere near my partner and gave very serious growl warnings towards me when I do.

Does anyone know why he has changed so much in a short space of time as he seems petrified of me?

Very quick replys would be appreciated.

Scarbatonplayboy said:
:( Can someone please help me I'm desperate!
A few days ago my G.S.D. growled very nastily at me and I don't know why. Since then he has done it a few more times and is very reluctant to go anywhere near me.

My G.S.D. ( Jordan ) has always been very close to me and never leaves my side and can has even been known to run around the house franticly trying to find me if I've crept out while he was asleep.

He is very wary of me going anywhere near my partner and gave very serious growl warnings towards me when I do.

Does anyone know why he has changed so much in a short space of time as he seems petrified of me?

Very quick replys would be appreciated.

How old is Jordan? Has anything changed about your appearance or smell. I have upset my dogs when i put on large hat. One of my pups was quite allarmed when we met in the park a man with a small child on his shoulders, normally she was very outgoing and friendly and especially loved to play with all kids we came across. As soon as the man put the child on the ground she was fine. Dogs see things differently.

Are you taking any medication or have you been working with some chemicals which could linger on your clothing?

I would ignore the dog, then I would maybe sit on the floor and talk to him in quite reasuring voice, try to get him come to me. If this does not change get your partner to take Jordan to vet and have him checked just to meke sure. Let us know how he is going :luck: :luck: :luck:

Lida

I know this sounds daft but have you used started using a different fragrance or deodorant? Im only saying this I know poppy one went "psycho" on me when we were on holiday and was wearing a different perfume. I gave it to a friend instead and she was fina again, I think it mite have reminded her of somebody she knew before.

katie :thumbsup:

Sounds like it could be a dominance problem starting young males sometimes try to dominate the rest of the pack in your case it sounds like he thinks he is the pack leader or the alfa male you need to reasure him of his position in your life and show him you are the pack leader :luck:

Hello all and thanks for your replies. Jordan (my dog) is 4 and a half years old. I was advised by many that this may be a top dog problem Jordan ONLY goes for me and not my partner and I have been told that maybe he sees himself as top dog and that my partner is his property and that he may see me as a rival for position as top dog.

This started Monday morning and we were all very happy on Sunday night and I cannot understand how / why he has turned so quickly, even his grooming salon in Bridlington would never have beleived he could be like this as he has such a good temprement that he is the ONLY big dog they take in.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back