The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Bend Open

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
At the moment we have got 1 BWRA Regional straight open and we are allowed 1 straight and 1 bend .We want some feedback before our AGM so that we know whether it is worth going ahead with organising etc.Think it would be last week Sept. or first week Oct.

Cheers Danny.

last week sept think u will still have the straights so cud put people off, oct i think is the fed bend champs so that may put people off, i honestly dont know as i dont do bends but wot about having it in dec? or cud that b too close 2 xmas?

end sept or early oct will be useless. why not try middle of january nothink on then :thumbsup:

its a hard thing to start a bend event back in scotland,,,,,,,,up here ,,we trained ours to bends,,,,sugar rush / navara/ walkalone/ g,w,n/ troy/ storm breaker/ almost bobs/ connors ranger/ mercedses/ daylight robbery

but there wasnt much intrest,,,at thorton,,,,too far,,bad timing,,,,,one thing i noticed when gettin back into racing up here 2005,,,,they said it was too dangerous,,to run bends,,,WHICH I THINK WAS ALOAD OFF BOLLOCKS,,,,,as its just the same,,,,,bends have sand softer ground,,the pll,s just didnt have the older ones experance to guide them in bend training,,,if dog,s trained right, will come off ok 99% off time

back when i was a pup u had felix,,(i,e gripper ) bill ( i,e booker t ) john cain ( i,e collise ) james brown ( i,e black heath lady ),,,,,,,,,,to fall back on to help train ur young dog

i think there needs to be a shake up on bend racing in scotland,,,,,to get rid off the stiggma,,off dogs will be more prone to injury,,,,,as its not excatly true,,,,as dogs injure them selfs on straghts just as much,,,,,,,,,,

I WOULD SUPPORT THIS NEW BEND EVENT ,,,IF IT WAS HELD AT ARMADALE,,,AS ITS 1 1/2 HOUR,,AWAY,,,,IF PUT ON ABOUT FEBERUY/ MARCH

GOOD LUCK DANNY AND JIM,,,,,ITS NOT AN EASY TASK GETTIN BEND EVENT BACK IN SCOTLAND,,,U HAVE MY RESPECT,,,IT WILL BE AN UP HILL STRUGGLE ,,,BUT I BELIVE ULL BOTH GET THERE IN THE END,,,, :luck: :luck: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can not understand where there is a problem with running the odd bend event whilst straight meetings are going on never did any of my dogs any harm if your dogs are fit should not have any effect on them quite the opposite i think would do them good--

I used to get sick of people saying i would ruin mine doing to much running when they were young--it was said i would burn them out---to all those who said it Kipper still going strong/Fluke still running at the odd event at 11years old--Coral still running just a bit slower but at 10years old it looks as if they were burnt out eh:---

Nearly forgot Crystal Bay was out on fields with jack frost all about at 14 years old this morning--

put it on when you have a weekend event that way you may even have more dogs some dont do straights ::

steve

would deff come with my 3 but depends when its on as my 2 young ones are just about to start their schooling on bends
the next bit is for David H Ive been in contact with GRETNA over the past 3 years on behalf of the NNWRF and it isn't available they have too much on
pity,good track. would be great to have a scotish bend open. best of luck :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

thought about trying gretna,even the ngrc tracks are looking to make money very good track, 280 sprint.
Everywhere's looking to make money Dave when money's tight. What Jim's saying though is this open at Ayr would be sponsored by the track (trophies jackets & maybe added prize money) the only thing the racers would need to cover would be the cost of the stadium, at an NGRC track the club would not only have to worry about covering the stadium hire but would also have to pay for trophies, jackets etc.
yes but it wouldnt be nice if only a handful of dogs attended with all there support. if i can get bentley round the bends would give it a try, if he stays sound :thumbsup:

the ayrshire bends are great and its a loverly clean track, with a cafe if i rember rightly its years since i have been because theres no opens, but my dad n mam are always complaining why it isnt used and i agree it shud be used nice slip round was some good races on there last time we were there with nice stands,

overall loverly track 8)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back