The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Champs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
pic9.jpg

Moany Moany congratulates her boyfriend A Kinda Pleasure :cheers:

had a great weekend I thought our Scots dogs did really well had a sore throat on sunday with shouting on dogs well done yo Janine and Troy Sean and Lucy George and Moose Jim and Tina my own Cole and of course not forgeting rogie(the heat winner) good luck to everyone for the Derby.

Val

More photos from Scottish Championships

36lb Ht1

clipboard01_001.sized.jpg

36lb Ht2

clipboard03_001.sized.jpg

clipboard06.sized.jpg

clipboard07_001.sized.jpg

clipboard08_001.sized.jpg

clipboard10_001.sized.jpg

clipboard11_001.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
brill photo well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(w00t) Stunning photo's well done and thank you for putting them up. :thumbsup: Diane.

They are brilliant pics as usual Jac's

The two middle traps look to be a bit slow compared with the red one --the naked eye would probably miss that but shows what a good camera can pick up ---

some very close finishes where camera was needed also --

great weekends racing and plenty of folk attending which helps

steve

Great pics again :D how many dogs fell out of the traps :blink:

I did notice that, think your sunrise was one of them, and poor Crystal blue, her nose was right on the ground

len said:
Great pics again :D   how many dogs fell out of the traps :blink:
all from the white and black traps but the lure is still on the left so id say traps pulled to soon as you can see all dogs heading to the left as the lure hasnt cleared front traps?

Piks can be misleading, especially one's where I've cropped the lure out of shot. My aim was to shoot just as the doors opened but at a speed of ten frames per second in action situations, there's a fair bit the camera misses inbetween.

There was many trapping shots where in the first frame it looked like the dog had missed the lids but in the subsequent shot the dogs have righted themselves and have come out on fine form. It should also be noted that at the begining of racing, there were high winds blowing and some racers commented on this effecting the lure's position.

Only 3 dogs I felt trapped poor on Saturday, Smokey Blue out of red in 36lb heat literally fell out loosing yards from the onset but went on to make a good recovery and a position in the final. The other Crystal Blue, did take it on the chin at the traps but lost no yardage, coming out ahead of her rivals. The only other was the pup (white trap) that ran with Beside The Point. As this is a youngster I think it's fair to say there's plenty of scope for error but even so, 1/10 of a second later, the dog had corrected itself. :thumbsup:

I hope this is helpful and if anyone wishes to see a full sequence of their dogs trapping, feel free to PM me for images.

Jac

I'm glad we chose to give the dogs a go out of the traps prior to the biggy, there were some known good trappers missing the lids. Like Jac says though it was really windy which did affect the lure a fair bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
well the pup in the red trap(shoot to thrill) run its heart out all day.As for traps if they were any slower at coming up the dogs might as well have gone out the back door

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back