The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scrumpy Has Been Poorly

J.T.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My poor little Scrumpy has been quite poorly for the last couple of days :( At about 6 yesterday morning -_- she started bringing up lots of bright yellow bile, this went on till about 11am. By this time she'd done it about 8-9 times. I called the vet who was just closing but they said they would wait for me to take her in. She had an injection to stop the vomiting & the vet said her stomach was totally empty & to give her some bread & butter which would stimulate bile production and also soak it all up & then hopefully it would all pass through her system normally.

Well the vomiting stopped but she just didn't want to eat anything at all, she was actually backing away from food & more worryingly also from water. From 5 oclock on Sunday teatime she hadn't eaten till this afternoon at about 2ish.

I finally managed to get her to eat some boiled chicken & since then she's had some more & about an hour ago she drank some water :D

As she is naturally very skinny, after not eating for nearly 2 days, she's now looking like a bag of bones.

Last night I must have woken up about 10 times just to check she was still ok, she looked so miserable.

Luckily she is now looking a bit brighter & hopefully will be back to normal soon. This morning she didn't even join in the usual frenzy when the postman arrives so I know she wasn't herself :-

We don't think she's eaten anything odd so not really sure whats caused it but hopefully she's on the mend now :wub:

aww hun im glad he is getting better, its such a worrie when they are ill.

Poor Scrumpy, I hope you are all better soon :huggles:

Poor Scrumpy , I hope she feels better now :huggles:

Hope Scrumpy feels better today...makes you feel awful when they are so poorly.

Happy New Year

x

Well, luckily whatever she had seems to have gone now. She's started eating & drinking again, small meals every few hours, she's getting quite a taste for chicken.

Went for a walk this morning & she had a bit of a mooch around but the ground was hard as iron so no running around.

Went out again this afternoon when we had a bit of snow & she had a great time in the woods chasing around with her friends.

Now I just need to get her weight back up again, she was only 12.8kg before so there wasn't a lot to lose :(

I'm just glad she's feeling better & may get a decent nights sleep tonight -_-

what a lovely little girl :wub: glad she is feeling better :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back