The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sdlc Gatering 29th/30th July

sable

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A warm welcome awaits all from staveley and district lurcher club,the team that brought you the sheya show,the bullith thorn bash and the first ever pride of the peaks last year now presents the sdlc gathering on 29th/30th july.Venue -Pikehall on the A5012 newhaven rd,Derbyshire.

FREE CAMPING FROM FRIDAY.bar and food all weekend.

simulated coursing on friday night,winner takes the pot.Saturdat night charity auction with live music.Racing both days starts 9am,racing qualifiers for midland game fair.Also terrier racing.ferret showing and racing both days,net making clinic too.

Lurcher and terrier showing both days starts at 12 noon.30 classes for terriers and 32 classes for lurchers daily.3 casses daily for bull x including bull x puppy class.under 6 month lurcher and terrier classes,bedlington terrier qualifiers for moor green bedlington finals,sapling classes for dogs 12-18 months.

Obedience event on sunday only.Child handling both days with qualifiers for chatsworth and east anglican,plummer terrier classes and working lurcher and terrier classes.

LURCHER AND TERRIER QUALIFIERS FOR-chatsworth,midland,nwtf,countryside allience terrier championships,scottish national championships,uplands bull x,cock of the north,cumbrian championships,east anglican,pride of the peaks.

Saturdays champion lurcher,terrier and ferret go head to head with sundays to win the johnson field sports challenge trophy.

Family dog show sunday only.

Trophies for every class,106 trophies up for grabs,also bricklifting and digging competition if your feeling strong for prize money and spades to 4th place.

Ringside parking and lots of trade stands.

All this and more £3.00 ENTRY PER PERSON KIDS UNDER 16 FREE.

DONT FORGET FREE CAMPING FROM FRIDAY.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE,WILL BE A GREAT WEEKEND

I'm going on the saturday, i think you will find it's free camping from the thursday night.

should be a good bash they will be plenty of like minded people.

Last edited by a moderator:
mally said:
I'm going on the saturday, i think you will find it's free camping from the thursday night.should be a good bash they will be plenty of like minded people.

yes cant wait i rang today and its ok to camp from thursday harness racing event on thursday night from 5.30pm plus live music and bar and food . cant wait to meet people from last year as we loved it. it was a quality show . see you all there me mates :) :)

I'm there saturday & sunday as i'm camping with my son. I'll have Tilly with me (a blue whippet) if anyone wants a chat. I'm looking forward to it. also taking plenty of beer for saturday night should be a great weekend. :- "

Hope you all have a great time, and take lots of piccys for us to see :)

My son and i went camping for the weekend to the sdlc show at pikehall, we took tilly along too for the racing and shows. What a place it was in the middle of derbyshire fantastic county, We had a great weekend Tilly got a second on the saturday and on the sunday got reserve best in the moochers working class. We had an auction and raised £1530 for breast cancer on the saturday night. There was live entertainment on as well. I woke up with an head ache on the Sunday morning (nothing to do with beer may i add :- " ) a fried breakfast and i felt a little better. A real good weekend i won't miss it next year.

The Final three on the sunday

moochersshoeed01.jpg

The best over the two days (Tilly and myself on the right)

moochersshoeed02.jpg

I Didn't enter Tilly in the racing as it wouldn't have been fair to enter a ped whippet. However they let us have a run on the Sunday it was a head to head race against Jack sparrows(member on here) storm a 3/4 whippet 1/4 bed. Tilly stumbled at the start and gave away 10 lengths but she battled on and won by about 6 lengths. The race distance was about 100 metres.

Hi Everyone

Could someone give me the web address for SDLC, I have searched but can't find anything.I have been told there are some pictures of the weekend.

www.stavelylurchers.co.uk or it mite b rong spellin ov stavely it mite b 'stavley'

:- "

Thanks Becki

Iv'e found it at last, wanted to look as I was told there was a picture of our puppy winning the championship on Sunday.

Gracie with the wife

Thanks again

Daz

Some nice looking dogs ,mally just wondering why you said it wouldn't be fair to run your dog on the saturday because she's a pedigree.

think its because mallys dog is purebred and it was lurcher racing at sdlc.if it was not for midland qualifiers it wouldnt have mattered.however they did say on the day that next year they were hoping to get whippet racing on.

It was nice to see that the event was covered in this weeks countrymans weekly (did you see my legs :D ) can't wait till next year i'll be there for the three days.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back