The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Selby Game Fair 2008

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well what a weekend that was !! hard to begin but heres a rough insight.

the ferry was late to leave 2.5 hours due to the wind conditions didnt mean much as we were driving all night anyway. our route took us m6 then A66 over the Pennines...well we thought that anyway.

we got to Warcop near Brough when one of our cars blew up and had to be abandoned. then when we got to Brough we drove into a full white-out and a lovely sign telling us the A66 was closed ! we had to head back for m6 and then manchester and m62..what a bollox ! however we got there.

we got set up with the tents and stuff before Ian and i got into the ring. a great collection of dogs this time and hard descisions were made to establsh the final line up and the final pair. bitingly cold winds done their best to hinder a good day but with hats and scarves etc the crowd was able to battle on thru to watch the racing. great to meet loads of new friends this weekend and some who i didnt realise were on k9 but ive known for a while. as usual we were always made to feel welcome, thats why i go back time and time again.

heres a series of pix that ive taken but i know theres loads more on others cameras much better than these.

first morning when we woke we were greeted with this..

S8301990.jpg

have to say it added to the weekend and i dont think i wouldve changed things weather wise.

S8301992.jpg

S8301998.jpg

S8301994.jpg

best i divide these pix up as theres a few more :- "

Carlton Towers

S8301997.jpg

the sun sneaking through

S8301999.jpg

tracey beaubeau with willow

S8302012.jpg

willow and the snow-monkey

S8302013.jpg

my 2

S8302011.jpg

jess and dawn

S8302005.jpg

Wow.......................alot of snow there,great photos :thumbsup:

raising our ermmm..standards

S8302004.jpg

Colt (who incidentley had a crap time watching all the racing)

S8302006.jpg

im sure youll see ians and beau beaus pix later today

great pics of the snow... but wouldnt change things.. had a great weekend,, see you charming people again soon x :D

What lovely pics, and alot of snow...... your all brave thats all i can say! :D

sallytilly said:
great pics of the snow... but wouldnt change things.. had a great weekend,, see you charming people again soon x :D
Hi Val,

Hope you are all sorted.It was a great few days.Nice to meet John and Beaubeau,and spend some time with our friends,Hope Tilly is on the mend.

Amandaxx :huggles:

nice to meet amanda deb val and partners atlast ! had to cancel the wedding though as her hubby was there :blink:

(w00t) Great to see the snow John, we went to Thame and it was bloody freezing :- " all we got was sleet, :( but had a great weekend, and wouldn't change a thing. :lol: :lol: Lurcher world did us proud again and put on a good show. :thumbsup: Well done to The Monkey Dog,( me think you got a winner there) ;) ;) :thumbsup: Diane.

finleyfoofoo said:
sallytilly said:
Hi Val,

Hope you are all sorted.It was a great few days.Nice to meet John and Beaubeau,and spend some time with our friends,Hope Tilly is on the mend.

hi amanda.. yes tilly is on the sofa.. very comfy, andrew sittin on floor, all will be well in a couple of weeks i hope.. thanks for your support all weekend your a great mate.. val x :D

sallytilly said:
finleyfoofoo said:
sallytilly said:
Hi Val,

hi amanda.. yes tilly is on the sofa.. very comfy, andrew sittin on floor, all will be well in a couple of weeks i hope.. thanks for your support all weekend your a great mate.. val x :D

Hiya Val,

We all felt for you and Andy,not the best end to your holiday.Thanks for the lovely txt,i dare not answer back,as i know its Andys phone!!!When you look at the pics of the snow,you realise how bad it was.Rita send a lovely txt this morning,i could have cried.Getting soppy in my old age.It,s amazing the friends you make through dogs :p

Amandaxxxxx

nice pic jess,should i add mine :- "

nice to meet you stormy :thumbsup:

Few shoots from selby weekend

IMG_0902-1.jpg

Finleyfoofoo with Lady

IMG_0909-1.jpg

Stormy and Beaubeau puppy racing

IMG_0915-1.jpg

Tracey paddling in the mud

Thanx for the pics Shadowhunter looks loke you had a great time. Beau Beau looks peed off with the mud tho :lol: :lol:

Shadow-Hunter said:
Few shoots  from selby weekend
IMG_0902-1.jpg

Finleyfoofoo with Lady

IMG_0909-1.jpg

Stormy and Beaubeau puppy racing

IMG_0915-1.jpg

Tracey paddling in the mud

Ahh!!My Lady loks lovely.She has 3 rosettes already from the weekend.She seemed to enjoy herself too.It was lovely to meet Beaubeau,and yes,the mud was terrible.We know how they feel at Glastonbury now!!Thanks for putting the pic on too!!

Amandaxx

ugottaluvwhippets said:
Wow look at all the snow.Wished i'd gone now ,my whippet loves snow

hahah i think all dogs do. anyones dogs that were off in the snow were running ballistic ! how come when its snowing it isnt cold :wacko: ?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back