The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Signed up for classes.

It's lovely to read about how Murphy has blossomed in training classes, and your delight at realising what he's capable of (and what you are capable of too!) :) Are there any more classes coming up that you could sign up for?

It's lovely to read about how Murphy has blossomed in training classes, and your delight at realising what he's capable of (and what you are capable of too!) :) Are there any more classes coming up that you could sign up for?

Thanks... im not sure im ready to brave any more classes just yet although with this trainer I wont rule out doing another course come the nicer weather.
I wont say Ive changed my mind about all training classes but I do now know that if you find the right trainer and the right setting it can work.

Well offically last night was our last class and I have to say Murphy was brilliant he did everything that was asked from him and some things that weren't like sitting down and ignoring some very loud fireworks being let off just outside the shelter. (god help the mongrels who do that if I lay my hands on them)

He greeted the trainer as if she were an old friend which was a first normally hes accepting but cautious. He even wagged his tail at Mr Lurker man and didnt bark when the man spoke to him WOW..

We have a bonus class in January. Theres a catch up for anyone who missed a class but as we came to all classes the trainer asked if we would like to join in the catch up as well which we accepted.

I think in summing up what I can say is that Murphy is not going to win any awards in obedience and he still isnt perfect (not even near) but I think he has learned to trust me and Ive learned to read him better. Ive learned that he is quick to learn and open to challenges but that he likes to take things one step at a time and not just rush in headlong as my other dogs have done.

Ive also learned that training classes are not all full of awful snobby up their own backsides people but you have to look for the right class and the right trainer with the right motivation for you and your dog.

Most of all Ive learned that you can teach an old dog new tricks and that goes for old owners too.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back