The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sinusitis ??

Cheeky Sparrow

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dexter my 9y old Northern Inuit has had Addison's Disease since 2019 , he's fine with that , 3 steroids a day and a monthly jab keeps the symptoms away . The last 5 months or so he'll be totally out of sorts one day and fine for a few days , he can't stand his head , ears , nose being touched and will cry if I go near them his nose is usually excessively wet , it lasts most of the day and is gone the next . I've mentioned it to the vet a few times but every visit on his jab day has been a good day and the vet can't find anything wrong . Tried paracetamol and an antihistamine but they make no difference , we can't puzzle it out . He's having a bad day today and is just moping about and sleeping .

Yes I would agree with Tinytom, and maybe keep a daily diary of his condition, good days and bad. You may also pick up a pattern in it that may offer clues. Gather as much information for the vet as you can, does he go off his food or water on a bad day, how's his toileting etc.. good luck, really hope you find what's wrong.

Can you record him when he is having a bad day and show the vet ....

Yes good idea , although it is quite easy to describe but I'll do a vid .

Yes I would agree with Tinytom, and maybe keep a daily diary of his condition, good days and bad. You may also pick up a pattern in it that may offer clues. Gather as much information for the vet as you can, does he go off his food or water on a bad day, how's his toileting etc.. good luck, really hope you find what's wrong.

I don't keep a diary as such but mentally log everything , he wont eat breakfast but does a few hours later , drinking is fine as are his stools. Every time he has it my wife and I come up with a new cause but they never prove out .

If you feel your vet isn't being as thorough as he could be, maybe you could see another vet to get a second opinion?

If you feel your vet isn't being as thorough as he could be, maybe you could see another vet to get a second opinion?

I know what you mean but to be fair the days the dog has gone there is nothing wrong with him unfortunately , not that I want there to be something wrong if you get me . I thought this problem would have manifested itself but no it's here today gone tomorrow :(

Is there a reason you cannot take him into the vet on one of his bad days? This way the vet can see for himself exactly what is going on and be able to examine while symptoms are active. Work it out with your vet ahead of time as making an appointment for that very day could prove difficult at the last minute. We did this for a few clients happily when there were similar circumstances where we needed to see first hand what was going on. Wishing you and your beautiful dog all the best!

Is there a reason you cannot take him into the vet on one of his bad days? This way the vet can see for himself exactly what is going on and be able to examine while symptoms are active. Work it out with your vet ahead of time as making an appointment for that very day could prove difficult at the last minute. We did this for a few clients happily when there were similar circumstances where we needed to see first hand what was going on. Wishing you and your beautiful dog all the best!

Thanks Suzette I'll speak to them , it does need to be early in the morning as the condition wears off later in the day.

btw. He's ok today :rolleyes:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back