The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Size Of Racing Jackets?

julie_s

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what size of racing jacket I would need for my whippet... she weighs between 21-22lb...

I've seen the sets on the greyhound megastore website and I wondered whether I would need small or medium :blink: ?

http://www.greyhoundmegastore.com/page105.html

Oh and do I need yellow or orange for racing in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Julie talk to Maggie and she can get them for you. I got a set for Megan a couple of weeks ago but they were to big so Graham has taken them back and is getting me smaller ones. If we ever manage to be there the same time lol Ruby can try one on for size.

I paid something like £24 for a set of six but you only need 1 - 4

Will you be at the club on Sunday. Megan would like to see Ruby again. Its Megans birthday today one year old already :cheers:

Take care

Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday Megan, Toby sends very big kisses :wub:

Julie, like Wendy says, try the different sizes at the club that saves you having to send wrong sizes back :thumbsup:

I paid something like £24 for a set of six but you only need 1 - 4
We have used our number 5 on a couple of occasions at Opens. I think the small will be the right size as Medium is biggish on my 23 lb lad and will fit my 31 lb boy too. I have just purchased a set form GH megastore, and they have adjustable velcro straps, so if buying from there, I would small :thumbsup:

You will need medium .......The small size fits my Tink at 14lbs .........Medium fits my 22lb-ders .......and large fits my 28lb-ders as you need a bit of slack in the waist band to stop them pulling tight as they race .......but this is just my own personal opinion having brought these racing jackets .......and yes a yellow jacket is sometimes needed :thumbsup:

Sounds like I will have to get Ruby to try on everyone else's clothes on Sunday :) .

I'm still toying with the idea of making them myself... I like the sound of the t-shirt type ones some people have.

Thanks for the replies, very helpful :thumbsup:

Julie

julie_s said:
Sounds like I will have to get Ruby to try on everyone else's clothes on Sunday :) .

Lol do you thing she will walk around all giggly asking if her bum looks big in it. o:)

I have ordered a muzzle of that website for Megan hope it comes in time for Sunday as we have to keep borrowing one

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back