The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Skippys New Mate

Wel done Dee/Terry, you know the crack theres only 1 way she can go after coming out of season. :thumbsup:

Hope they dont treat her to harsly for the next round.

hope she makes it through for you,

have you heard anything else about your new one?

They're never kind to us at Gretna. Wessy on the other hand have sussed us out :- "

No news today on Nutter, but no news is good news. It seems most of his dogs have a bug :(

Good news that Skippy seems to have really found her feet but in a sense bad news as now she is out of season she can go off to a trainer and race NGRC.

We'll miss her loads but will have more time to spend on Nutter and we can always watch her on channel 425.

Oh yeah, and Diamonds racing career to get off the ground :thumbsup:

Edited to include Genie as well :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dee,

Don't forget to give us her Stud book name when she goes off to the bright lights to race NGRC.

Then we can all sit and watch her then come on K9 and give our opinions LOL :thumbsup:

Are you still coming down Sunday? were meeting at 12.45 for a drink in the club house then racing from 2pm (trials before during & after racing)

(weigh in for racing dogs 1.30-1.45pm)

spoke to my mate & his wife tonight, their going to try and get a lead/collar on the pup over the weekend to get her used to it LOL.

This Sunday??? Weather permitting :))

So thats an hour in the clubhouse? :- "

if you want to ring me before you set off to check the weather down here my numbers 07903 624876 we'll only cancel if it's very frosty or heavy snow.

Mark Roberts said:
Hi Dee,
Don't forget to give us her Stud book name when she goes off to the bright lights to race NGRC.

Then we can all sit and watch her then come on K9 and give our opinions LOL  :thumbsup:

In the summer we'll just have a K9 BBQ at ours (somewhere in Gtr Man!) and just drag the TV into the garden and you can all come and watch!!!

Will i get an ASBO for getting the karaoke out??

Mark Roberts said:
spoke to my mate & his wife tonight, their going to try and get a lead/collar on the pup over the weekend to get her used to it LOL.
I wouldnt worry too much, Skippy wasn't too bad after spending her first 12 months of life tearing around an Irish field.

My mates wife treats them like babies so she shouldnt be that bad.

She said she'll wash all the mud off her before she takes her to Ian on Wednesday? apparently they've just been running loose in the field since being about 12 weeks, cant ask for better rearing trhan that.

Well, Nutter is on her way over right now (w00t) Yeah. She's a lot better and im just itching to meet her.

Terry is going to pick her up at 6.30 in the morning so i guess neither of us will get much sleep tonight :thumbsup:

Pics in the morning no doubt :p

BTW its a year to the day tomorrow that we got Skippy, i wonder if its a lucky omen :- "

Blimey thats spooky eh - gotta be a lucky omen!

Looking forward to seeing her :D

Will bring her over to Wessy for a trial shortly after Xmas one Sunday as Diamond will need a trial as well before she races :- " will bring Genie as well as he goes everywhere with Diamond :wub:

We were thinking of new names for Nutter as apparently she is a shy timid bitch so Nutter doesnt seem appropriate, any ideas?

Lolcoe said:
Will bring her over to Wessy for a trial shortly after Xmas one Sunday as Diamond will need a trial as well before she races :- " will bring Genie as well as he goes everywhere with Diamond :wub:
We were thinking of new names for Nutter as apparently she is a shy timid bitch so Nutter doesnt seem appropriate, any ideas?

She doesn't look shy and timid on that pic!!! :lol:

Ive been up ages and she will be here soon. Thinking about names all night and i like the name Foxy :) I had a greyhound in about 1993 called Foxy, she was in the heats for the Greyhound Derby and was such a sweet thing, i loved her to bits.

She was a shy timid girl as well, so much so that whilst having a run on a park she bolted and ran straight into traffic and was knocked over and killed. I was stunned and heartbroken :'(

Also whilst looking at Irish girl names, apparently according to Irish naming traditions the second daughter (she is our second girl from the same breeder) should be named after the fathers mother. Therefore her name was Bindari Fox, hence my choice of Foxy. Not a very original name for a greyhound but has a lot of meaning nevertheless :luck:

No wonder you haven't slept bet your dead excited (w00t) Awww can't wait to see her, lots of pics please :wub:

She's here, very timid but i think Diamond might bring her out of her shell :- " Must be an Irish thing they have together :luck:

Oh yes, and her name is now Foxy. :wub:

Meeting Diamond

Home1.jpg

Meeting Rebel

Home2.jpg

she has now ventured away from the door and is outside meeting her sister Skippy :wub:

the standing against the wall thing? glad she's over.

good luck with her.

Awww bless looks like it's all a bit much for her :(

Hope she soon settles Dee

She is getting there, i think she just doesnt like being in the house :blink: totally different dog outside with her sister so she will be going into her nice new kennel when it gets lighter.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back