The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sleeping

Discussion in 'Puppy Forum' started by lynyona, Jun 7, 2018.

1. lynyona

lynyona Member Registered

Betty is 16 weeks now and she was a really good to settle down for the night once on the bed the last week she wont settle. She usually goes to sleep in her crate about half seven then wakes when we go to bed or before but one day she didn't wake until 12. I know I cant expect her to go back to sleep straight away but she seems to gather a second wind and wants to bite us and play on off the bed under the bed you chase me around the bedroom, when we catch her she will lay down for a bit but she is whimpering. I go downstairs with her to take her out in the garden in case she needs the toilet which she doesn't usually she just wants to look around . One night in the week she didn't give it up until qrt past 2.Any advice

2. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Maybe a little bit of adjustment to her routine would help - if she isn't sleeping from 7.30 to midnight, she won't be so ready to get up and play at midnight. Also, she should be learning that when people sleep, she should settle too. This might help -

3. lynyona

lynyona Member Registered

Also maybe I should change my routine, after tea I watch films on my computer that's when she usually gets in her crate and goes to sleep maybe she associates with that , when im doing anything else on the computer she usually jumps up to see what I am doing then just wanders away .I might put that to the test and see what happens

JoanneF likes this.