The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Smithfeild/norfolk

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Where could one obtain some poetry what you wrote? :)

Can see how Deerhound influence could produce a canny, trustworthy dog, and agree wholeheartedly with your comments regarding what can be seen as acceptable behaviour for a lurcher (or any breed for that matter).

Some were published in local papers and mags, one in ANIMAL PASSION, Edited by Tim Sharp, isbn 1 85786 686, about when we lost our cat Tuppence, another one that will make you cry, another about when my youngest son was born, will look for the isbn number, tears again Im affraid. All my poems have been personal,

Shouldnt put anymore on this thread, takes up doggy talk space, but I will send examples PM,

That poem was beatiful :huggles: thanks for sharing it with us ;)

Hello Doxhope. Loved your poem, really did. I have lurchers, saluki/greyhounds with a bit of collie. They are so bright, both bitches from the same litter of 11. We have got number 1 and number 11. Cleverer dogs I have never seen! They are 4 years old and have many years ahead of them. I cannot imagine or envisage them not being there so I relish every moment with Sheba and Bracken.

Chris

Cheers Tina,

sometimes it takes something like the death of a loved one to bring out the poet in us. :))

Well since nobody has added anything to this topic in a week - its conclusive then that Deerhound crosses are the best :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wouldnt go as far as to say that, but I bet it brings this thread back to life. Thought you had emigrated, have you been busy in the Kingdom of F... :wub:

No Doxhope...you know Deerhound crosses WIN :cheers:

Know is the time of the Bullcross :D

Firstly hello everyone I'm not sure wether I know any of you as I don't recognise any of the names so just a little hello.

So often the case many of the adverts you see in the sporting press are there simply because the owner needs to shift the puppies so by advertising something with a name like Smithfield/Tumbler you are adding a bit of history and possibly some false credit to your litter. Many of the dreamers or first timers may have read a book or heard romantic tales of such a cross therefore they will be pleased to part with their hard earned cash to own such a wonderful almost mythical creature. In my own personal experience I have found it best to buy local from somebody who you know and quite possibly have had the oppertunity to see out in the field with their dog/s at the end of the day you are buying a mongrel and mother nature is a funny old thing sometimes.

As the old saying goes horses for courses and hounds for grounds

:D :D :D Thanks for the welcome nice to meet you too.

Good answer there you must've put a lot of thought into that post :clown:

Obviously tumblers etc: are the best allrounders then and I'm completely wrong and how silly of me to have said otherwise. If your looking for a good allrounder then just buy one from the Countrymaids weekly when the seller makes great claims and promises about what the puppies will excell at obviously they are telling the truth.

Stay well away from those worker to worker crosses :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Levs, nice to have your views here - as well as those of that well known contributor to "Countrymaids Weekly" :lol: :p :lol:

Sorry Levs,

thought you were a stalker friend of mine, obviously not, please except my sincerest appologies, threw a sprat and didnt catch my macerel

Welcome to the site matie, bappit will keep you right, wont you dear???

Signed, :clown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you appollogy accepted water off a ducks back so to speak I've never stalked anyone and have no intention of stalking yourself so lets put all this behind us and start again :cheers: :cheers:

Hello Bappit

Whats this, hello bappit, Im the jealous possesive type mind you :rant:

paul bywater said:
Question to you lurcher people, is it true the smithfeild/norfolk lurchers are the best all round lurchers? i know in C/W you can pick up lurchers ten a penny but but which are the decent breeds?

hi paul i would say norfolk tumblers are one of the best all rounders i have one myself are you looking at getting one?

paul bywater said:
Question to you lurcher people, is it true the smithfeild/norfolk lurchers are the best all round lurchers? i know in C/W you can pick up lurchers ten a penny but but which are the decent breeds?

paul if you get back too me i can tell you more if you are looking 4 1 im selling one if you would be interested

Have a look on this site www.lurchers.org.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
pippa my lovely dog is a norfolk tumbler as they are known.. judge for yourself... she is lovely to me tho. :D ( my picture to the left of screen)

sallytilly said:
pippa my lovely dog is a norfolk tumbler as they are known..  judge for yourself... she is lovely to me tho. :D ( my picture to the left of screen)
Pippa is perfect!!! :wub: although Andy would argue :p

Amandaxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back