The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Smokie And Penny

Laurel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Here is a picture of my two whippets.

Smokie is seven years old and Penny is just four months old.

I'm very lucky because they both have lovely natures and are very good looking.

Smokie_and_Penny.JPG

Welcolm to k9 Laurel :cheers: :cheers: Smokie and Penny are lovely :wub:

Welcome to K9 Laurel. Smokie and Penny are just beautiful :wub: :wub:

welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to k9,they are lovely :wub: :wub:

:cheers: [SIZE=8pt]WELCOME TO K9 :cheers: [/SIZE] Your dogs look lovely :thumbsup:

Julie

They are lovely girls :wub: Tell us more about them - where did you find Penny, and what's her breeding? What's Smokey like with her new friend? Did she take to a second whippet easily?

Welcome Laurel :cheers: They definitely are both very good-looking :wub:

~Helen~ said:
They are lovely girls :wub: Tell us more about them - where did you find Penny, and what's her breeding? What's Smokey like with her new friend? Did she take to a second whippet easily?
Smokie is a seven year old boy, I bought him when he was a puppy from a whippet breeder in Whitehaven, John McCracken. Smokie was the only puppy he had left so I didn't get to choose but I am so pleased he was left over because he is such a loyal and loving whippet and I couldn't ask for a better friend.

I bought Penny two months ago. She is a Veredon whippet from Sheffield and once again she was the only one left over from the litter. The photo of her doesn't really do her justice because she is actually a lot prettier and more feminine looking in the flesh.

They get on well together until I give them both a dog treat and then Smokie gets jealous and takes Penny's off her. Smokie is is good dog though and however much Penny barks or bites at him he never growls or snaps at her.

Penny has settled in really well and has never cried or whined, though she does sleep in the bed with me so she is never lonely. She is a great little eater and walks lovely on the lead so I have been very lucky with her, no problems at all.

I'm not wanting to breed from her though so I'm going to have to make a decision soon as to what to do with either her, Smokie, them both or just get her injections to stop her coming into season. Any advice or ideas about this would be appreciated.

My_whippets.JPG

Welcome to K9, Laurel! :cheers:

Smokie and Penny look so lovely together. :thumbsup: If I'm right, her breeder Ozzy, and her brother Sparky's owner and her sister Daisy May's owner all post on here and will be along soon to say Hi, I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy yourself here - loads of info and great anecdotes, and we all love pics, so keep them coming! :thumbsup: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:b Smokie - I apologise hugely for doubting your manhood :- " of course you are a boy :wacko: I have a girl whippet, and girl daughters, and get a bit confused sometimes :lol:

Hello & Welcome to K9 :)

You've asked for advice on neutering.....which is always a well debated topic.....

I'm sure there will be loads of old threads for you to look through in Helen's fantastic FAQ section.

Rae said:
Hello & Welcome to K9  :)
You've asked for advice on neutering.....which is always a well debated topic.....

I'm sure there will be loads of old threads for you to look through in Helen's fantastic FAQ section.

Thanks very much for all your lovely comments and advice. I'll check a lot of the old threads for neutering advice.

Here are some more pictures of Penny that I took this afternoon. The ones I took of Smokie didn't come out properly, he was running too fast and wouldn't stand still for the camera.

48a4.jpg

Pen.jpg

shed.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Wecome to K9![/SIZE]

What Gorgeous whippies you have! :wub:

Welcome to K9 - your dogs are just smashing. :wub: o:) :thumbsup: We hope to see a lot more of them.

Welcome to K9, Smokie and Penny are just gorgeous, how on earth could they be the last of each litter to go? People must be blind I tell you.

Hope to see more pics of them both soon. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Welcome to K9 Laurel. I thought I recognised that little face. I have Sparky, Penny's brother. I can't post a picture of him today because I have had mega computer problems this week and loads of my stuff is not back on yet. If you look at the thread Sparky goes to Ringcraft you will see Sparky and the very handsome Conor and you can see Daisymay on Alfynn's posts. Penny is lovely and I see she is training to be a carpet fitter, her brother is very into interior-design (or should that be re-design), and also fancies a career in garden make-over.

Look forward to more pictures soon

Jenny

quintessence said:
Welcome to K9 Laurel.  I thought I recognised that little face.  I have Sparky, Penny's brother.  I can't post a picture of him today because I have had mega computer problems this week and loads of my stuff is not back on yet.  If you look at the thread Sparky goes to Ringcraft you will see Sparky and the very handsome Conor and you can see Daisymay on Alfynn's posts.  Penny is lovely and I see she is training to be a carpet fitter, her brother is very into interior-design (or should that be re-design), and also fancies a career in garden make-over. 
Look forward to more pictures soon

Jenny

I've had a look at the pictures of Sparky and he is beautiful, a lovely colour but with the same white socks and dark snout as Penny. Penny is a lot paler in colour as you can see from the photos. Whenever I take her out either in the fields and parks or into town people always admire her and want to stroke her. You probably find the same with Sparky. She is a very lively little thing and is into everything, she has flattened every single plant in the garden and bitten off all the flowers, chewed carpets, shoes and my sons soft toys. I've ended up buying Penny masses of her own toys but she still prefers my son's. She is never left long on her own though, just half an hour in the morning when I take my son to nursery, I take Smokie with me in the morning and when I collect him from nursery I take Penny. I have to tie her up when I go into nursery so I am always a bit wary of who is about because I'm quite worried that someone might try and steal her.

I'll have a look for the pictures of Daisy May, it's lovely seeing Penny's sister and brothers.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back