The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Soft (ish) poo

arealhuman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

My dog's poo is a bit soft. Strange as it sounds, it looks "normal" but sometimes can be soft and squishy to pick up. His main food is now Gentle Dog Food as recommended on here (thanks!), with a few daily treats and a Dentastick thrown in. We supplement this with some chicken/veg if we have a roast meal, but take away some of his Gentle allowance. He shows no signs of being upset. Do I have anything to worry about?

Sorry if you're eating whilst reading this...

Thanks,

ARH.

The soft poo's could be caused by your treats, do you ever take a look at the ingredients before you buy treats or chews.

The pedigree Dentasticks are loaded with cereals / grain (just a load of rubbish). Don't spoil the new kibble product that you are using by adding a load of poor quality cereal loaded treats!

You would do far better if you used some raw chicken wings or carcasses. This would be better for your chaps teeth and gums and the extra bone would help firm up his poo's too.

My dinner is in the oven!!

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I do look at the ingredients but not being a canine nutritionist, it may as well be written in Greek! It could also be down to, I suppose, the transition to Gentle. He does love a Dentastick though - he has it in three pieces and he runs off with them one at a time and then throws them around and pounces on them, then eats them. Great to watch (when I'm not at work :( ).

It seems to be firming up a bit now, may be just the transition from CSJ Champ to Gentle. Will keep an eye (and hand) on it ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back