The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Something Different

weathergirls

N.N.W.R.F. CHAIRPERSON
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is just something we are thinking about and would like some feedback on from the N.N.W.R.F. members

As easter falls on a different date each year it is early in March 2008 we may struggle to get Swallownest track ready for the N.N.W.R.F. EASTER CLASSIC so we are considering WOULD it work holding a 2 day event on the bends, it has been done before a long time ago at Easington. If successful it could be alternated each year from bend to straight

It would be run as normal up to classes on day 1 and semi's, finals and cons on day 2.

The track I am thinking of is WESTHOUGHTON it does have a large car park which could accommodate caravans

~~~~~~~~~ what do you think constructive comments only please~~~~~~~~~

Very good idea Linda. I was thinking about Easter and how Swalowsnest would be with the football still being played with easter being so early. But would it not be better to put 2 seprate opens on so people who carn't make the 2 days can still run. Thats the trouble I have sometimes would love to run sunday but carn't always get on a Saturday. just a Thought.

Yes, Yes, Yes from us :thumbsup: :cheers:

ONLY THING IS WOULD YOU HAVE 2 DAYS HIRE FOR THE STADIUM????

MAYBE GET THE LURCHERS?PEDS INVOLVED AND MAKE IT INTERESTING W/E :thumbsup:

VICKY WOULD BE HAPPY, MAYBE HANDICAP THE WESTHOUGHTON BY 3 YARDS :p :oops: :D :luck:

have thought about 2 seperate opens but would people want to do the extra racing on the sat to complete the open and then race again on the sunday not ruling it out though, I know we do it on the straight but I think it would be too much on the bends

being a bank holiday weekend most people will be off work its unfortunate but whatever is done someone will miss out

It is hoped I have to discuss this with the committee (when all this other mess is sorted ) the stadium could be paid for out of the funds, we have done a lot of fund raising with cards / raffles etc; and if we can get a good deal with the stadium

We will also try and raise some sponsorship £sd hopefully I,m sure the Wessie gang will help get that ball rolling from local business

Lurcher / peddies / terriers will be invited

keep the comments coming :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think to alternate the champs on bends and the straight would be a great idea, and it's not as if it's written in stone if it's not that popular. It's good to see some flexibility and creativity, thanks Linda. The only bit I'm a bit dubious about is the camping facilities, haven't raced for long and all I can remember of the car park is stones!!....................are there any good sites around that we could hijack? We didnt stay in our caravan at the BWRA champs but it sounds like people were ok camping away from the track? It's really good to have some different ideas suggested :D

chris

rob67 said:
I think to alternate the champs on bends and the straight would be a great idea, and it's not as if it's written in stone if it's not that popular. It's good to see some flexibility and creativity, thanks Linda. The only bit I'm a bit dubious about is the camping facilities, haven't raced for long and all I can remember of the car park is stones!!....................are there any good sites around that we could hijack? We didnt stay in our caravan at the BWRA champs but it sounds like people were ok camping away from the track? It's really good to have some different ideas suggested :D
chris

its not stones its not grass they wouldnt be able to put awnings up on it will find out about camp sites

by the way its not the champs they run on both every year its the Easter Classic normally run at Swallownest (straight)

cud b a bit cold camping in march though brrrrrrrr. hopefully nikki cud b on the bends by then so il give it the thumbs up . :thumbsup:

sherry said:
cud b a bit cold camping in march though brrrrrrrr. hopefully nikki cud b on the bends by then so il give it the thumbs up .  :thumbsup:
YOU WON'T FEEL THE COLD AFTER A NIGHT IN THE BAR :sweating: :- "

no, iam waiting till the spring to get my bitch up and running she doesnt do the bends,and anyway i think its long enough the bend season,anyway wots the point it will happen,so it dint bother me i wont win anything anyway,but at least al try on a straght track,at least my club will be there to school me pup and get my bitch ready,is there only swallownest like?we still in 07 and yous are trying to change stuff for 08,get on with it i wont be there :rant:

kenny m said:
no, iam waiting till the spring to get my bitch up and running she doesnt do the bends,and anyway i think its long enough the bend season,anyway wots the point it will happen,so it dint bother me i wont win anything anyway,but at least al try on a straght track,at least my club will be there to school me pup and get my bitch ready,is there only swallownest like?we still in 07 and yous are trying to change stuff for 08,get on with it i wont be there :rant:
WERE NOT CHANGING ANYTHING YET KENNY ITS JUST AN IDEA WERE TRYING TO GET OPINIONS ON and we do have to look ahead arrangements have to be made wether things stay the same or not

if you look at the 2008 calendar you will see that the easter hollidays falls 2 weeks earlier in 2008 on 21st to 23rd March looking further into the 2008 racing calendar you will find in March there is the NNWRF bend derby, BWRA Tyrone bend , EASTER CLASSIC WEEKEND straight BWRA bend champs this alone says something has to change

MORE BEND RACING THE BETTER I SAY ,I LIKE BEND RACING , OUR LASS LIKES BEND RACING , OUR KIDS LIKE BEND RACING , OUR DOGS LIKE BEND RACING ,I EVEN THINK THEM NEXT DOOR LIKE BEND RACING BUT DONT QUOAT ME ON IT, GOOD IDEA LINDA :thumbsup:

weathergirls said:
its not stones  its not grass  they wouldnt be able to put awnings up on it will find out about camp sites
by the way its not the champs they run on both every year  its the Easter Classic normally run at Swallownest (straight)

Soz if I misunderstood, you have to forgive us virginal newcomers to the sport :">

Newcomer yes, but virginal ? :- "

Innocent maybe, but virginal ? :blink:

Come on Chris, virginal ? you ? :b

Now just remind me, how many women did Rob used to share that tent with when away camping at Swallownest :cheers:

tell you what its not much fun camping in march ....in a tent, it is a bit warmer over here than at swallows nest.

we would be happy to go along with what is decided , (by march our ruby might get the hang of going around the bends and not trying to the wall of death on the first bend :D :- " :D .)

hopefully both ninny and ruby will be fully schooled and running straight and bends by march

Tony

not for me.it looks like croft again for me c&w weekend yeee haaa

Would have to say no for me, think there is plenty of bends opens anyway. Im sure we was camping at swallow nest in march a couple of years ago anyway and yes it was cold but we are all used to that anyway.

rob67 said:
chris

8) Massive car park-at Horwich Retail park next to Reebok stadium-roll out of bed straight into Asda and Marks and Spencers. :teehee:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back