Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sorry Geoff And Hazel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob67

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Although there were some very good races today at highgate, my one memory will be the fact that i didnt have the balls to stand up and speak out in support of people I class to be true friends.

Sitting in silence on the way back home trying to make some sense of my actions, trying to understand why i said nothing, I came to these conclusions.

Perhaps a sense of disbelief that details of a complaint that had yet to be discussed by Geoff and the committee, in private in order to lessen the 'embarassment, were being given to us in a wholly public forum. When only one side of any story is given it is always going to be biased towards the story teller.

Maybe the recognition that I had become part of an organisation that allowed free speech when it was in agreeance with them, but not if you asked too many difficult questions.

Maybe I felt intimidated by the way in which it was presented to the meeting, probably shell shocked would describe it better.

Sitting in the van I wondered why the Fed committee, knowing on the saturday, that geoff wouldnt be attending the meeting on the sunday, didnt let him know by phone, that he wouldnt be able to run his dog rather than letting him turn up. Still, I dont suppose you get the same reaction then, do you?

Still, I have no idea why I feel the people sat delivering the information today intimidated me enough to silence me. I'm just sorry that they did. I have spoekn to Linda Broom about my concern about the way today was handled, so it won't come as a shock to her. Might also answer the inevitable questions from others as to why i didn't speak out.

My last sentence is to say sorry to geoff and hazel for not speaking out today. You have my full support. You did not deserve to be manipulated in the way you have been today, and prior to this meeting.

chris

Well said Chris, you have expressed it so well for Graham and me too. We too sat in silence all the way home in disbelief that we let something so wrong, so unfair , so bang out of order happen. I always wondered how people could sit back and see someone being beaten up without helping, now I know from sitting in that numb silence.

The thing that keeps going round in my head is "there but for the grace of god go I", people should remember that next time they fall out with a so called friend because then they might concoct a story about you and where there is no democracy there is no appeal

Sorry Geoff and Hazel :(

Remember the saying, "Theres no smoke without fire" :sweating:

You were proberbly as shell shocked as the rest of us Chris :( Did expect to hear that there would be an outcome after what went on today,but totally agree that we did not need to hear any reasons as to why Geoffs outburst took place. As until the matter was sorted between Geoff and the NNWRF it had nothing to do with us as members. :(

Whippet racing as I see it is about enjoying a past time,not witnessing peoples distress :( when all it took was a phone call,to avoid this happening.

can someone post what happened today for us not there :eek:

rob67 said:
Although there were some very good races today at highgate, my one memory will be the fact that i didnt have the balls to stand up and speak out in support of people I class to be true friends.
Sitting in silence on the way back home trying to make some sense of my actions, trying to understand why i said nothing, I came to these conclusions.

Perhaps a sense of disbelief that details of a complaint that had yet to be discussed by Geoff and the committee, in private in order to lessen the 'embarassment, were being given to us in a wholly public forum. When only one side of any story is given it is always going to be biased towards the story teller.

Maybe the recognition that I had become part of an organisation that allowed free speech when it was in agreeance with them, but not if you asked too many difficult questions.

Maybe I felt intimidated by the way in which it was presented to the meeting, probably shell shocked would describe it better.

Sitting in the van I wondered why the Fed committee, knowing on the saturday, that geoff wouldnt be attending the meeting on the sunday, didnt let him know by phone, that he wouldnt be able to run his dog rather than letting him turn up. Still, I dont suppose you get the same reaction then, do you?

Still, I have no idea why I feel the people sat delivering the information today intimidated me enough to silence me. I'm just sorry that they did. I have spoekn to Linda Broom about my concern about the way today was handled, so it won't come as a shock to her. Might also answer the inevitable questions from others as to why i didn't speak out.

My last sentence is to say sorry to geoff and hazel for not speaking out today. You have my full support.  You did not deserve to be manipulated in the way you have been today, and prior to this meeting. 

chris

CHRIS HOW CAN YOU CONDONE ANY MAN SHOUTING ABUSE IN FRONT OF CHILDREN AND SCREEMING IN A WOMENS FACE IT WAS DISSCUSTING INTIMADATING THE SO CALLED MAN IS NOTHING BUT A BULLY . LET ME ASK YOU THIS QUESTION IF I HAD DONE THAT TO YOU WOULD ROB HAVE STOOD BY AND LET ME GET AWAY WITH IT . ANSWER NO NO NO

I DONE CARE WHAT THE CAUSE PLEASE DONT TRY AND JUSTIFY HIS ACTIONS

THIS IS MY OPINION AND MOST OF THE OPINION OF THE POEPLE AT HIGHGATE

GARY FARMER :rant:

hellbound said:
can someone post what happened today for us not there  :eek:
Don't think I can put the details up as I think I have to err on the side of caution and libel laws, yvonne, sorry. Will willingly PM you the details, and then you can make your'e own mind up. If the FED chairwoman feels that she wants to enlighten all of the Fed members then in the same manner as we received the information yesterday, I feel it is up to her.

chris

gary farmer said:
rob67 said:

My last sentence is to say sorry to geoff and hazel for not speaking out today. You have my full support.  You did not deserve to be manipulated in the way you have been today, and prior to this meeting. 

chris

CHRIS HOW CAN YOU CONDONE ANY MAN SHOUTING ABUSE IN FRONT OF CHILDREN AND SCREEMING IN A WOMENS FACE IT WAS DISSCUSTING INTIMADATING THE SO CALLED MAN IS NOTHING BUT A BULLY . LET ME ASK YOU THIS QUESTION IF I HAD DONE THAT TO YOU WOULD ROB HAVE STOOD BY AND LET ME GET AWAY WITH IT . ANSWER NO NO NO

Only friends of Rob and I would know how we might react gary, and as I dont count you as one of them please don't assume anything.

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Think this is an important topic to me so will bump it.

marielou said:
Well said Chris, you have expressed it so well for Graham and me too. We too sat in silence all the way home in disbelief that we let something so wrong, so unfair , so bang out of order happen.  I always wondered how people could sit back and see someone being beaten up without helping, now I know from sitting in that numb silence.
The thing that keeps going round in my head is "there but for the grace of god go I", people should remember that next time they fall out with a so called friend because then they might concoct a story about you and where there is no democracy there is no appeal

Sorry Geoff and Hazel :(

Bump

graham

i could not make it on sunday so am in the dark as to why two fellow racers were banned and as a member i would like to know why, can the fed committee enlighten the members of the situation, Or is it one of these you don,t need to know policys

gary farmer said:
rob67 said:

chris

I'll reply to your post at a later date :thumbsup: I just have to finish this course of male hormone treatment first.

jeffb said:
i could not make it on sunday so am in the dark as to why two fellow racers were banned and as a member i would like to know why, can the fed committee enlighten the members of the situation, Or is it one of these you don,t need to know policys
Here you go Jeff Statement From The Nnwrf

also the members present were giving a statement in the bar after the race meeting ...hope this help

rob67 said:
. When only one side of any story is given it is always going to be biased towards the story teller.
Chris

After reading your post again this morning Chris i feel i have to answer the above..

You have said only one side of the story was told , do you not think if Geoff and hazel had come to the meeting then the reasons for his letter regarding sugar mouses breeding and DOB would of been resolved..

Why did he send a letter recorded delivery 1 day before the meeting say he would not attend , most of our committee live at all ends of the country and could of done with out the 2 hour earlier start to the day, which gave us a com no time to send Geoff a letter back warning him we had withheld sugar mouses registration till the matter is sorted... then he turned up to the the weigh-in 1 hour after he was to come to the com meeting ..and his letter contained no genuine reason for not been able to attend .

If he had send his letter in plenty time, he would of received correspondence in plenty time prior to the race meeting .. probably resulting in the incident that took place at highgate not happening ...you mention common sense , your extremely spot on

I am also going to add

Its not in my nature to sit back and not speak my mind

I know it was said on here off toad fish Just because committee members work on a voluntary basis doesn't mean that they don't have to be careful with what they're saying.

If because i am on a committee means i can not speak my mind on this whole Geoff and Hazel issue then believe me i will resign off the committee, but will not be threatened

I will not be taking the **** out of by no one with snide remarks and not respond to them ..and i swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth

If the People on here want answers ..then try by asking Geoff why he wrote letters to both organization saying he thinks he had made a mistake with sugar mouses breeding and DOB winning puppy racers and titles he doesn't believe he should of

(comments on this to follow)

Any how got to go out now i am at the hospital this morning then i might go out of a nice brunch :- " with my mother

DENISE BAILEY said:
rob67 said:
. When only one side of any story is given it is always going to be biased towards the story teller.
Chris

After reading your post again this morning Chris i feel i have to answer the above..

You have said only one side of the story was told , do you not think if Geoff and hazel had come to the meeting then the reasons for his letter regarding sugar mouses breeding and DOB would of been resolved..

Why did he send a letter recorded delivery 1 day before the meeting say he would not attend , most of our committee live at all ends of the country and could of done with out the 2 hour earlier start to the day, which gave us a com no time to send Geoff a letter back warning him we had withheld sugar mouses registration till the matter is sorted... then he turned up to the the weigh-in 1 hour after he was to come to the com meeting ..and his letter contained no genuine reason for not been able to attend .

If he had send his letter in plenty time, he would of received correspondence in plenty time prior to the race meeting .. probably resulting in the incident that took place at highgate not happening ...you mention common sense , your extremely spot on

Thanks for your reply Dee, although I'm unsure as to why you felt the need to reply as your Fed committee chairman has already put a statement out. I'm curious about the need for you to keep this topic going, maybe if you add more snippets of info you think it will keep discrediting geoff and hazel, I'm not really sure or interested.

chris

DENISE BAILEY said:
I am also going to add Its not in my nature to sit back and not speak my mind

I know it was said on here off toad fish Just because committee members work on a voluntary basis doesn't mean that they don't have to be careful with what they're saying.

If because i am on a committee means i can not speak my mind on this whole Geoff and Hazel issue then believe me i will resign off the committee, but will not be threatened

I will not be taking the **** out of by no one with snide remarks and not respond to them ..and i swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth

If the People on here want answers ..then try by asking Geoff why he wrote letters to both organization saying he thinks he had made a mistake with sugar mouses breeding and DOB winning puppy racers and titles he doesn't believe he should of

Any how got to go out now i am at the hospital this morning then i might go out of a nice brunch  :- " with my mother

Seems very easy to understand Denice, but some people just dont want to know the truth, they are either to thick to understand, or are just out to cause trouble. [i think it is the latter] Anybody with any brains can see that this matter was dealt with fairly and should never have turned out as it did.

johnnoble said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
I am also going to add Its not in my nature to sit back and not speak my mind

Any how got to go out now i am at the hospital this morning then i might go out of a nice brunch  :- " with my mother

Seems very easy to understand Denice, but some people just dont want to know the truth, they are either to thick to understand, or are just out to cause trouble. [i think it is the latter] Anybody with any brains can see that this matter was dealt with fairly and should never have turned out as it did.

Thanks John :thumbsup:

i have raced whippet since 1979 i refuse to be bullied, threatened or dictated to by a small majority of trouble makers , shit stirs.. weather they like it or not ... i know you are correct when you said the latter

rob67 said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rob67 said:
Chris

Thanks for your reply Dee, although I'm unsure as to why you felt the need to reply as your Fed committee chairman has already put a statement out. I'm curious about the need for you to keep this topic going, maybe if you add more snippets of info you think it will keep discrediting geoff and hazel, I'm not really sure or interested.

chris

If people wish to air their views, all of which are relevant then what is the problem? I agree, posts which are derogatory towards people should be removed, otherwise free speech was something that was fought for a long time ago.

Debate is healthy, even if all people dont share the same view.

chris

Your words Chris not mine ... as for me feeling the need to keep the topic going as regards to discrediting certain people i feel they did a good job of that themselves the other day

I had several complaints on Sunday from good genuine members about the events , some members left the stadium with there children due to it

And others though that our chairperson was going to get struck ...

So as you said i will air my views on the subject ...and hopefully the snide little remarks and post that some members are posting will allow other board user to know why

Dee a big believer in free speech for all :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back