The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sorry Geoff And Hazel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
rob67 said:
Although there were some very good races today at highgate, my one memory will be the fact that i didnt have the balls to stand up and speak out in support of people I class to be true friends.
Sitting in silence on the way back home trying to make some sense of my actions, trying to understand why i said nothing, I came to these conclusions.

Perhaps a sense of disbelief that details of a complaint that had yet to be discussed by Geoff and the committee, in private in order to lessen the 'embarassment, were being given to us in a wholly public forum. When only one side of any story is given it is always going to be biased towards the story teller.

Maybe the recognition that I had become part of an organisation that allowed free speech when it was in agreeance with them, but not if you asked too many difficult questions.

Maybe I felt intimidated by the way in which it was presented to the meeting, probably shell shocked would describe it better.

Sitting in the van I wondered why the Fed committee, knowing on the saturday, that geoff wouldnt be attending the meeting on the sunday, didnt let him know by phone, that he wouldnt be able to run his dog rather than letting him turn up. Still, I dont suppose you get the same reaction then, do you?

Still, I have no idea why I feel the people sat delivering the information today intimidated me enough to silence me. I'm just sorry that they did. I have spoekn to Linda Broom about my concern about the way today was handled, so it won't come as a shock to her. Might also answer the inevitable questions from others as to why i didn't speak out.

My last sentence is to say sorry to geoff and hazel for not speaking out today. You have my full support.  You did not deserve to be manipulated in the way you have been today, and prior to this meeting. 

chris

In reply to the posts from today, the above post is the reason this thread was started.

In answer to posts from Dee and John........................"sticks and stones"...................................remember the old saying?

"Words will never hurt me"

chris

rob67 said:
rob67 said:
Although there were some very good races today at highgate, my one memory will be the fact that i didnt have the balls to stand up and speak out in support of people I class to be true friends.
Sitting in silence on the way back home trying to make some sense of my actions, trying to understand why i said nothing, I came to these conclusions.

Perhaps a sense of disbelief that details of a complaint that had yet to be discussed by Geoff and the committee, in private in order to lessen the 'embarassment, were being given to us in a wholly public forum. When only one side of any story is given it is always going to be biased towards the story teller.

Maybe the recognition that I had become part of an organisation that allowed free speech when it was in agreeance with them, but not if you asked too many difficult questions.

Maybe I felt intimidated by the way in which it was presented to the meeting, probably shell shocked would describe it better.

Sitting in the van I wondered why the Fed committee, knowing on the saturday, that geoff wouldnt be attending the meeting on the sunday, didnt let him know by phone, that he wouldnt be able to run his dog rather than letting him turn up. Still, I dont suppose you get the same reaction then, do you?

Still, I have no idea why I feel the people sat delivering the information today intimidated me enough to silence me. I'm just sorry that they did. I have spoekn to Linda Broom about my concern about the way today was handled, so it won't come as a shock to her. Might also answer the inevitable questions from others as to why i didn't speak out.

My last sentence is to say sorry to geoff and hazel for not speaking out today. You have my full support.  You did not deserve to be manipulated in the way you have been today, and prior to this meeting. 

chris

In reply to the posts from today, the above post is the reason this thread was started.

In answer to posts from Dee and John........................"sticks and stones"...................................remember the old saying?

chris

You had your chance along with other members at the meeting to say all this chris...insead you have felt the need to sit behind your keyboard and say it ..expecting people not to reply with there versions of the events ....theres only you looking foolish

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i add had it been myself feeling the way you do -did...i would of withdrawn my dogs on the day and left with my mates ..but then thats me

DENISE BAILEY said:
Can i add had it been myself feeling the way you do -did...i would of withdrawn my dogs on the day and left with my mates ..but then thats me

As I said Dee "sticks and stones"

chris

all this bickering belongs in a school yard :oops: infant one at that (w00t)

rob67 said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

As I said Dee "sticks and stones"

chris

Well lets face it if a certain person hadn't come on k9 under assumed names with stick and stones ... accusing people as been cheats lairs and puppy farmers over there dogs breeding ie the greyhounds etc

We would not be having any of this now ...if one throws the shit long enough its bound to stick to themselves at some point

Still waiting for you to clarify your post ?

Last edited by a moderator:
CHRIS WHAT THE HELLS THE MATER WITH YOU MAN,GOD YOU HAVE GONE ON NO END ABOUT SUMRT THATS GOT FRIG ALL TO DO WITH YOU,LET THE COMMITEE SORT IT I DONT THINK THEY DO A BAD JOB AND I THINK A LOT OF MEMBERS AGGREE,BLOODY HELL MAN SUPPORT THEM BECOUSE WHEN YOUVE PISSED THEM ALL OFF ARE YOU GOING TO RUN IT ANY BETTER,I DONT THINK SO,LET THEM SORT IT OUT MAN IF YOU STILL FEEL BITTER TOWARDS THEM PUT A LETTER IN I THINK YOUL GET A BIT MORE RESPECT ,,,

rob67 said:
rob67 said:

chris

chris

This is nothing to do with sticks & stones it is about people who will not admit they are wrong & continually try to cause trouble. They will not look at the true facts. Rules have been broken and and in every organisation if rules have been broken they should be dealt with. This was probably done unintentionaly but it should be dealt with to be fair to every other member.

I think the majority of membrs have the common sense to understand this but one or two people would rather stand by their friends than look at the true facts.

rob67 said:
rob67 said:

chris

chris

Not saying you should not of started any thread Chris, just wanted to reply to it with facts ...not fiction :thumbsup:

johnnoble said:
rob67 said:
rob67 said:

chris

chris

This is nothing to do with sticks & stones it is about people who will not admit they are wrong & continually try to cause trouble. They will not look at the true facts. Rules have been broken and and in every organisation if rules have been broken they should be dealt with. This was probably done unintentionaly but it should be dealt with to be fair to every other member.

I think the majority of membrs have the common sense to understand this but one or two people would rather stand by their friends than look at the true facts.

Rob and I are not bothered with what other people think are our motives John. As long as we are true to ourselves then that's what matters. You can see it what ever way you want and say whatever you want, it means nothing.

chris

kenny m said:
CHRIS WHAT THE HELLS THE MATER WITH YOU MAN,GOD YOU HAVE GONE ON NO END ABOUT SUMRT THATS GOT FRIG ALL TO DO WITH YOU,LET THE COMMITEE SORT IT I DONT THINK THEY DO A BAD JOB AND I THINK A LOT OF MEMBERS AGGREE,BLOODY HELL MAN SUPPORT THEM BECOUSE WHEN YOUVE PISSED THEM ALL OFF ARE YOU GOING TO RUN IT ANY BETTER,I DONT THINK SO,LET THEM SORT IT OUT MAN IF YOU STILL FEEL BITTER TOWARDS THEM PUT A LETTER IN I THINK YOUL GET A BIT MORE RESPECT ,,,

Iv'e got all the self respect I need kenny thanks and the people who I have respect for respect me. You are quite welcome to state what you think, no-ones stopping you. As for the rest of the members whom you say agree with you, then let them all come on and say it.

I'm surprised you think that i am powerful enough as one member to bring down the fed, don't quite know what to make of that. As said before.................sticks and stones.

chris.

DENISE BAILEY said:
rob67 said:
rob67 said:

chris

chris

You had your chance along with other members at the meeting to say all this chris...insead you have felt the need to sit behind your keyboard and say it ..expecting people not to reply with there versions of the events ....theres only you looking foolish

Sorry Dee, I havent said you cant have an opinion and If you read back through my post, or speak to |Linda you will find I did approach her and express my concerns on the day. I said I was a coward for not saying anything on the sunday, I admitted that.

Whether you think I look foolish or not doesnt bother me.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back