The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

South Yorkshire Whippet Club Open Show

dawn

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

Will any of you out there be attending SYWC Open show next weekend?  If so come and say hello :smile:

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

I will be going, but only as an onlooker. I'm the proud owner of a fawn whippet (Fred/Fleurberry Star), but I don't think he's up to show standards, so I just like to go to the shows to see other whippets (and dream of owning lots of beautiful whippets!). My local petshop owner (from Whaley Bridge) is entering his whippet bitch, so I'm there to wish him luck as well!

Hi Nicola

Do come and say hello.  What is the name of your pet shop owner and what do they call his bitch.

We have three bitches entered.

One of our older dogs will be in the veteran class, she absolutely loves showing and enjoys the sausages that the veterans get at some of the shows!!!!

Look forward to meeting you.

Hi Dawn,

I'll look out for you.

I don't know the name of the pet shop owner (funny how you chat to someone every Saturday morning and forget to ask their name!) but the name of his whippet bitch is Jayglo Jasmine (hope I've spelled it right). She's a fawn with pale brindle markings.

results for SYWC open show 25 feb 2001

BIS was Ropner's Ch Tradewind Rhinestone

RBIS was Rachel Wray's Perrault Pimpernel

BPIS was Burton's Nevedith Atfa Apex at Dunaruna

Soem classe were very poor with absenteeism due to the inclement weather although some hardy folks had driven up from Sussex to exhibit.

BTW where were you Nicola

Hi Dawn,

I was there. Did you notice someone sitting on the far side by the entrance to the ring, hacking away, due to a cold. Well that was me. I arrived early and watched all the dog classes. I was going to look out for you when the afternoon judging started for the various bitch classes, but I got distracted. A Mr D Hill came and sat next to me, and we discovered we lived very close to each other, and he got onto discussing his dogs (Denhill I believe) etc, so much so, that I completely missed all the bitch shows! I left about 1400 hrs so didn't stay until the end, but not before I'd bought lots of whippet memorabilia and accessories (notepads, whippet duvet etc). I had a great time, saw lots of beautiful whippets, and am looking forward to the next club meet! Sorry I missed you. Did you enjoy the day?

Hi Nicola

We had a lovely day.  Glad you enjoyed it too.  Dennis is a lovely friendly chap. He has a dog from a friend of ours Permadon Private Ryan of Denhills. Are you going to Crufts?  If you are there make sure you take a big bag to carry everything home in AND plenty of money!!!!

I did plan to go to Crufts. Maybe I should leave my cards and cheque book at home as a precaution against spending too much!

Is Crufts still on? Is it affected by the awful Foot & Mouth Epidemic? Imagine trying to cancel an event the size of Crufts. Whew! Not being an official competitor, I've not heard anything to the contrary.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back