The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Special Dogs

valerie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Im new to the sight so hello to all

I got my lovely dog six years ago from a rescue centre he was fourteen weeks old and I was told that he was a collie cross and he may be a big dog.

well like we do of to the vet for all he check ups and the vet turns to me and said; he is no collie cross he is a newfoundland cross german shepard and i remember his first visit to the vets big bear (nickname) sat on the table and just looked at the fan tilting his head with that look in brown eyes as if to say I will work it out I think I know what that is the vet and I laughed or did we the weeks went past then three months and then he fell ill off to the vet injection etc got better then back again to the vets tests where done because he was really feeling right off took him home with more tablets etc and the next day the vet calls asking how big bear is and my poor little boy had to go and stay at the vets for a couple of nights did I miss him like crazy I went to pick him up and it was there that I told that my bear had kidney trouble so it has been special diet for the past six years nearly but its hard trying to very very low protein treats for him but all was not bad in my eyes bear did puppy classes and got a rosette for best in class and he is so special he loves all animals even playing mumsie to a kitten we brought a few weeks ago bless so does any one have any idea on low protein treats for special dogs

Hi Valerie

Bear sounds very special. It may be worth looking on the internet to see just what kind of low protein treats are available, i'm sure there must be a variety.

Would love to see some photo's of the lovely Bear if you have any :)

Nina

valerie said:
Hi Im new to the sight so hello to all   I got my lovely dog six years ago from a rescue centre he was fourteen weeks old and I was told that he was a collie cross and he may be a big dog.

well like we do of to the vet for all he check ups and the vet turns to me and said; he is no collie cross he is a newfoundland cross german shepard and i remember his first visit to the vets big bear (nickname) sat on the table and just looked at the fan tilting his head with that look in brown eyes as if to say I will work it out I think I know what that is the vet and I laughed or did we the weeks went past then three months and then he fell ill off to the vet injection etc got better then back again to the vets tests where done because he was really feeling right off took him home with more tablets etc and the next day the vet calls asking how big bear is and my poor little boy had to go and stay at the vets for a couple of nights did I miss him like crazy I went to pick him up and it was there that I told that my bear had kidney trouble so it has been special diet for the past six years nearly but its hard trying to very very low protein treats for him but all was not bad in my eyes bear did puppy classes and got a rosette for best in class and he is so special he loves all animals even playing mumsie to a kitten we brought a few weeks ago bless so does any one have any idea on low protein treats for special dogs

If your dog drinks its own urine then theres a problem with kidneys

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back