The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Splurchers!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Fynns Fan said:
I should imagine splurchers are less laid back having the spaniel mix!I`ve never met a splurcher and will now keep my eyes peeled on my travels...

Yep you have ;) .

I have 8 if you want to call them splurchers,

mum was a sprollie and dad was a beddy lurcher,

there not with out there problems, a couple i can never let off lead,

as they will be gone, 4 of them ive had problems with nervousness,

they have always been carm dogs, they never inherited

the nutty-ness of the springer, but they can bark for england,

am sure they just love barking to hear it.

Picture308.jpg

Picture1058.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

Picture446.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

Julz said:
Hi there, am new here, but was directed to this thread when I googled "splurchers" lol
Just wanted to say, that my friend has a splurcher, she's nine years old (there abouts) and is a truely lovely dog.  To say that you dont like the "breed" being mixed in this way... could be true of any breed. Indeed a "lurcher" was once a mix of breeds in itself until the Kennel Club recognised them as a breed..the original lurchers were crosses between, a greyhound and a deerhound... it had the speed of the G/hound, and the hunting capabilities of the D/hound. and were popular with Gypsies, for poaching.

I have met many types of Lurchers, including a Collie x Saluki (fast and quick witted) my friends dog, splurcher (spaniel x lurcher) some of the mixes are just gorgeous

Lurchers cannot be kc registered

meddling said:
Lurchers cannot be kc registered

I did not say they could, just that they are now recognised as a breed.

there are many breeds that are recognised but cannot be KC registered.

Jane002

the dog in the 7th pic, is nearly identicial to my friends splurcher!! :D she has white on her nose though.

Fynns Fan said:
I should imagine splurchers are less laid back having the spaniel mix!I`ve never met a splurcher and will now keep my eyes peeled on my travels...

that is a beautiful photo you got there :thumbsup:

rustic said:
splurchers ?,its just the latest craze there will be something else comes along before long
oh dont be such a poo poo on it, Rustic.... they are a nice mix of breeds.. not all mixes are so lucky!

any type of lurcher is usually a nice looking mix!

BTW the pic of friends do, isnt so young...9/10 years old so hardly a "craze"

Julz said:
rustic said:
splurchers ?,its just the latest craze there will be something else comes along before long
oh dont be such a poo poo on it, Rustic.... they are a nice mix of breeds.. not all mixes are so lucky!

any type of lurcher is usually a nice looking mix!

BTW the pic of friends do, isnt so young...9/10 years old so hardly a "craze"

only my opinion julz years ago they would have been labelled a spaniel cross and you would have had to give them away now they are splurchers and are sold for silly money the mind boggles,they are nice dogs though you cant deny that :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back