The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sporting Whippet Club Ni

whatshappin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
we held one of our whippet racing and showing events to day with an exelent turn nsd two new members joining an exelent day was had by all and for the first we grade the dogs with a A B C grades and a record number of pups in the show ring and racing in the puppy race would like the thank john {stomydog } for doing the juding we are all in agreement he done a great job also to thank colin {coatsy } and his young lad grant who slipped many dogs for peple with 2 dogs in the same heat well done Grant we also held a kiddie slip with the youngest being 4 years old heres a few pictures taken by trevor will post the results on soon

CIMG2189-1.jpg

CIMG2191-1.jpg

CIMG2194-1.jpg

CIMG2195-1.jpg

had a great day at the club classing event held at dunsilly today thank you to sammy and janet for organising this one

it went well for our second show

special thanks to john (stormydog) (judging)

and colin (coatsy) who was on the lure

Well done :thumbsup: another well run event yous seemed to be well organised

dunsillywhippet14thjune101.jpg

good shelters

dunsillywhippet14thjune033-1.jpg

Glad to see yous got new lure man after the last pics i saw of your training lol

dunsillywhippet14thjune040.jpg

And even Noal Gallager turned out to watch the racing

dunsillywhippet14thjune088.jpg

Heres one of Lizs new dog not sure what bread it is as is invrsible wish mine were some times :D

dunsillywhippet14thjune099.jpg

Best in show went to Big John

dunsillywhippet14thjune154.jpg

John look at the size of China shes near the same size as Colt need to get her measured again

dunsillywhippet14thjune067.jpg

Heres a we Camera shy whippet :b

dunsillywhippet14thjune156.jpg

dunsillywhippet14thjune158.jpg

dunsillywhippet14thjune153.jpg

The wining Whippet Vixen closely followed by Cody

dunsillywhippet14thjune033.jpg

well done Colin well run lure

dunsillywhippet14thjune087.jpg

well done Criss another Lure man runing back with the lure

dunsillywhippet14thjune108.jpg

Well done Janet :thumbsup:

grat picture shadow hunter enjoyed the captions very good shy whippet was brillant thanks sammy

Thanks to everyone who turned up today to make our show and racing an excellent day out for all the family. We had 40 whippets entered in the showing and approx 15 adults raced, Sammy will be able to confirm the racing numbers, plus puppy races aswell. This wee club is going from strength to strength, and in all my years going to working shows I have never seen this amount of whippets turn out. It's time the pure bred whippet is recognised as the wonderful animal it is, all round family pet, hunter and racer!!!

Congratulations to all the winners today and many thanks for John our judge, and Colin and Chris for the lure operations, Ian and Trevor for the pics, and Linda and the girls who helped in the ring!!

Great Pictures Shadow hunter........some better than others for me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i couldn't support this one today Sammy and Co.But other things cropped up at the last minute.Up till bed time last night,we were all set for the trip.But as i said.Other things croped up,as they do from time to time.Well done to all da winners,and the losers too,for without them,the show just couldn't go on,as they are needed too,to make up the numbers.I agree with Janet,that the whippets are becoming very,very popular indeed.Ever since i 1st showed them in the late 70s,ive always had a sneaky wee place in my heart for them.One day though.Good shots Ian.See u all in 2 weeks time.What was the ground like today.As it's been hard as a board down here,for the last 3 week's,and we can't get galloping a mouse,never mind a dog.Need the rain to fall on us for a few day's.But it dont want to.Trophies looked supperb,by the way.Well done to the club.

OBoy, what a great day we had at the Sporting Whippet Club of Northern Ireland today. It was well run, well judged, and overall a great family day out at Dunsilly. The day started in beautiful sunshine and a few light showers in between,the show began with the whippet racing been graded. First time I ever seen this done, and what an idea. It gave everybody a chance, and what a success. The showing came next, and I would also reiterate Janet and Sammys vews, the turnout was fantastic. Never seen so many Whippets together, up totally on last show, all loved and shown with great pride and effection by their wonderful owners. The trophys were of a very high standard, and all 2nd and 3rd winners got one of these magnificent trophys, and all class winners got beaitiful cups, and overall show winner received a beautiful Crystal Glass type cup.The committe put great thought into these trophies, and the emotions behind them.

On behalf of Big John and myself I would like to thank the committe for a great day out. The Judge (Stormy ) John Humphries did a great job. He really knows his dogs and did an excellent job judgeing, firm but very fair. A job well done John, we are very proud of you. Sammy Linda, Janet, Colin ( Coatsy) Ian( Shadow Hunter) (Chris) and the girl from Belfast that helped Stormy in the ring, I am sorry I dont know your name , well I am lost for words on this one. You all worked your guts out to make the day enjoyable for everyone and what a day you made of it. Congratulations to all the brilliant winners , and also congratulations to all the people who took part in the show, and did not win,your contribution is a valued commodity. Just one final word, we should thank all the terrier and lurcher men who did not take part, but came in their droves to the show to support the show. I love the commarardrie and friendship and loyalty these shows bring amoung folk. I would not miss it for the world, I look forward to these shows all summer. Dunsilly is a great show ground, Linda , you and your father have been so kind to allow us people come and enjoy ourselves and forget our trials and tribulations in life for a couple of hours. Thanks for the memory. Looking forward to seeing Matt & Sheamus, and you all at Shanes Castle, and also the next Whippet Show.

Margaret & John Mc Stay

Portadown.

looks to have been a great day the whippets have come on great that wee club seems to getting well of the ground some fit looking whippets in the pictures well done to everyone who took part and to the people that run the event

Can someone post the results :thumbsup:

cheers

Patrick

Id like to add my pennysworth to this post. This club is on the ascendancy and should be supported at every chance wether you have a full bre whippet or not. Its brilliant to see so many whippets turn up and from the last show i noticed a rise in numbers, whippets and spectators.

The standard of dogs in the ring was very very high and even the pups showed marvellous potential. I can honestly say i never seen one bad whippet the whole day which is a good reflection on how well N.I whippet owners care for their whippets....isnt it a shame that some lurcher owners cant do likewise.

The racing was excellant and the gallop they charged up was in great order, the pictures on this post capture the atmosphere of the event and the camera man gets better each event though half the time it was a camera-woman ;) . Buy her a camera of her own Ian before she gets to fond of it ! One thing i have to say..the racing is only as good as the "lure driver" if he gets it wrong the racing is a nonsense..so well done Colin..on the button !

Lastly Congrats to all who competed in Showing and Racing. John and Margarets Silver showed perfectly and proved a worthy "Show Champion". Chuffed to bits for Eddie and Liz who done really well racing and for Janet Duke with Vixen who is a force to be reckoned with in Whippet Racing. The final was superb with Ist and 2nd in a "nose-to-bum race" over the line !

Thanks for the Jack Daniels present but in all honesty its a pleasure to judge for your club and to judge the wonderful dog that is the Whippet !

More power to you lot :thumbsup:

I would like to thank everyone concerned withe the Sporting Whippet Club NI was a great day with a sincere well done to all winners . We had a great day our young fella enjoyed the day as well he slipped his first dog on the day with a special thanks to Sammy for letting him slip his dog . This is a great family day out and i am sure it will only get better and better everyone is very helpful and friendly from the novice to the more expeirenced . Also would to thank Lynn the little lady that does the Trophies and engraving hopefuly she will do as good a job for the next lot . Not forgetting to congratulate Janet and Vixen in the racing and all the other racing winners and John and Margeret with Silver as overall show winner look forward to Shanes Castle and the next WHIPPET CLUB MEETING

videos from sporting whippets at dunsilly

sorry i havent got the names of the dogs

I would like to thank everyone concerned withe the Sporting Whippet Club NI was a great day with a sincere well done to all winners . We had a great day our young fella enjoyed the day as well he slipped his first dog on the day with a special thanks to Sammy for letting him slip his dog . This is a great family day out and i am sure it will only get better and better everyone is very helpful and friendly from the novice to the more expeirenced . Also would to thank Lynn the little lady that does the Trophies and engraving hopefuly she will do as good a job for the next lot . Not forgetting to congratulate Janet and Vixen in the racing and all the other racing winners and John and Margeret with Silver as overall show winner look forward to Shanes Castle and the next WHIPPET CLUB MEETING
:thumbsup: I have to agree with all the comments so far :thumbsup: It really was another great day all round!! (w00t) I too want to say thanks to Lynn for all her help yesterday and on the lead up to the event.....she really is multi talented (w00t) ....sales woman, engraver, mum & child minder, picnic provider & first aider, to name but a few of her talents!! (w00t) THANKS LYNN :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all the show and race winners, especially John & Margaret with the lovely Silver (who so reminds me of her dad) and Brendan who got Reserve Best In Show with his young pup Cody :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who attended (with or without whippets) for making is such a great day out. Here's to the next club event :thumbsup: See you all there!!

Tracy

Lovely pix Ian (Shadow Hunter ) and Janet. The both of you have recorded on the window of all

our minds such happiness on a glorious day. Thanks for that.

Margaret & John Mc Stay

Portadown

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back