The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Spring Classic

rocky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After reading Fleesh's pinned topic about the Spring Classic, does this mean it is now on the same date as the South Coast Scratch Championships at Thurrock?

Maybe this is an April Fool Joke like many others that went on yesterday ! i here there were plenty of them !!!!!steve

At the last B.W.R.A. AGM the Byron plate was moved from Seaham to be run at Asfordby,the date decided was the 01-05-04, it was also decided to move the Time event (spring classic) to the sunday 02-05-04. This is indeed was unfortunate for Thurrock event because they were unable to move their events. When the Lord Byron was stagged in the north and the Thurrock event staged in the south,no problems because of travel could effect both of these meetings. It remains to be seen as to how each event will fair in regards to attendances.

With a bulging calendar of events throughout the year, the problem will not go away.

Here in the north midlands on the 18th April we have BWRA Rhinesize open and the Maltby She Devil open on the same day and only approx 20 miles apart, one if not both of the opens will suffer with lack of support. Surely this situation must be changed.

The Spring Classics have been changed to 2nd May (see advert. in Whippet News.) This does mean it is the same day as the South Coast Scratch . I telephone and this has been confirmed to me. :( ddd

Its a shame that the Lord Byron Plate is being run to a finish on the same day as it was usefull to have the consolation racing to race in the next day. The one good thing about having a time open is that it is probably the fairest handicap and should give all the dogs a chance of winning. Its a bold move that will not suit everybody but the best of luck.

IT REALLY IS A SHAME ABOUT THE LORD BYRON NOT BEEN AT SEAHAM IT WAS ALWAYS A GOOD VENUE :D

BUT I THINK ASHFORDBY WILL DO A GREAT JOB OF HOSTING IT TOO

Fleesh as if i would ?i was thinking about the whippet domain getting wiped off and thought that was someone having a laugh!steve

EVEN BETTER SHE SENT A MASS EMAIL TO ALL MEMBERS WITH A LINK TO NEW SITE AND IT CAME FROM FANNYFREE08@HOTMAIL.COM

TERIANN THOUGHT PAT HAD SENT THEM HERSELF AS A JOKE BUT SEEMS SHE DIDNT , IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT BEEN HACKED ..LOL

Just realised that Thurrock AND Asfordby have a weekend event on the same dates...Well, talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Sheila has had a nightmare with Thurrock Council this year, getting permission, getting groundsmans help etc...What a disaster we now have 2 events within 2 hours of each other....I hope financially the SE club can suffer this....

I really didn't realise till I read this post...

Paul

the lord byron and thurruck were on the same weekend last year also and i personally attended both meetings. you just needed to be dedecated and willing to travel.i was also a lord byron finalist then travelled for 5 1/2 hours and ran in the south coast scratch. IT CAN BE DONE -_- but i admit is tiring.

DEBBIE

:thumbsup: I REMEBER U DOING THAT DEBBIE AND THE LORD BYRON WAS AT SEAHAM LAST YEAR THIS YEAR AT ASFORDBY SO CLOSER TO THURROCK IF YOUR DOING IT AGAIN. :lol:

Still thinking about the Spring Classic being on the same day as Thurrock South Coast Championships. There used to be a rule in the top ten competition that if a Classic event was on, no other open could get top ten points. Doesn't that rule apply anymore? I see apart from these two above being on the same day, Worcester has an open on the same day as the Scottish Derby. So it doesnt look as if the classic points are unique anymore.

:)

not many people know this but the spring classic is not ran for classic points

LORD BYRON WAS RUN OVER 2 DAYS,IT WILL NOW BE RUN OVER 1 DAY,

I THINK THE CLUBS UP NORTH SHOULD HAVE BEEN ASK TO PUT ON THE LORD BYRON, IF THEY COULD NOT THEN IT SHOULD HAVE GONE TO ANOTHER CLUB, AT THE AGM,IT WAS VOTED THAT BOB OSMOND CONTACT NEWSTEAD ABBEY,TO SEE IF IT COULD BE HELD THERE, IT WAS NEVER VOTED TO GO ON AT ASFORDBY

The Lord Byron was always a welcome change up at Seaham, even if it can't be at Seaham any more it'd be nice for a variety in tracks for big events.

As far as i am aware the venue for the Lord Byron was to be Asfordby unless any other venue could be found that was suitable to accommodate this event and all that is needed, parking, camping and refreshments etc. to hold this event. No other venue was offered except the offer of Bob Osmonds to see if Newstead Abbey was available. I am sure that the B.W.R.A. will listen to offers to run this event another year, provided that all requirements for this meeting are met.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back