The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stand In Vet

fallenangel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ninny whent for her fisrt jab today and there was a cover vet in there ower normal one was on holiday. he must have just come out of collage. first thing he did was get Ninnys notes mixed up with Minnie well I dont think anyone could mistake her for a 6 year old white and black greyhound. then he gave a lacture on haveing Ninny spayed and get this he said 6 months old. I am not geting into the to spay or not row on here but 6 months old is bloody rediculas.then there was the microchipping lecture did he not look all our other 8 are done so why would we need the lecrture on getting her done. Is he working peace rates and on comission or what. We have never had the hard sell of our normal vet and it was a bit odf a shock.

wait till our normal vets back and we tell him the poo will be hiting the fan big time. We wont be going back there if hes covering again. I have dog coller older than him :angry:

Thats it I feel better for the rant

i take it its a vet in the bury area :- " :- "

no wont go to any of the mony grabbing muppets in bury and the normal vet is wonderfull just this stand in while hes away is a pratt

Last edited by a moderator:
your luckyyou didnt get the "what are you feeding?" rountine its amazing whatever you feed its wrong and guess what they suggest would be better yes you guessed "HILLS shite i'm getting paid for every bag sold diet" sorry science diet,

we did get it and guees what she supposed to have siance dits what a supries :lol:

he can sinced diet off

My vet sells Iams and Royal Canin food. They never try to give the hard sell with them. Infact I once asked them what food they recommend and they said they feed their own dogs on Pedigree chum. :)

Hope your normal vet comes back soon. The cheek at the sub vet lecturing you without even knowing the full history!

fallenangel said:
I have dog coller older than him :angry:
Sorry, I know I shouldn't and I know you are annoyed, but this bit made me laugh my head off (w00t) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to remember that for the lads at work - I usually tell them that I've got knickers older than them - it doesn't make them feel comfortable at all :lol: :lol:

I usually tell them that I've got knickers older than them - it doesn't make them feel comfortable at all 

:lol: :D :lol:

Very funny!

The vets i get mine jabbed at are dicks too (i don't go to them for anything other than jabs), they tend not to like one word answers. :- " And i think now they just see me as a lost cause, i wont buy their wormers, food, flea stuff or have my dog spayed/microchipped there.

Vicky said:
The vets i get mine jabbed at are dicks too (i don't go to them for anything other than jabs), they tend not to like one word answers. :- " And i think now they just see me as a lost cause, i wont buy their wormers, food, flea stuff or have my dog spayed/microchipped there.
My vet is a gentleman, when i walk in he says good day to you keith, sit thi sen down cup of tea, his receptionist massages my aching neck, special rates fer pensioners, and guess wot, im not a pensioner :lol: hes even given me a prescription for capular scapyitus :- " , oh and then i take in my mutts

keith

doris said:
fallenangel said:
I have dog coller older than him :angry:
Sorry, I know I shouldn't and I know you are annoyed, but this bit made me laugh my head off (w00t) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to remember that for the lads at work - I usually tell them that I've got knickers older than them - it doesn't make them feel comfortable at all :lol: :lol:

(w00t) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I go to vets 20 km away because all the 4 around here are money grubbing b+$#@*ds, who do not give damn about the animals. I tried to use them in situations when it would not be kind to the animal to drive that distance (like when I was whelping my frind's Borzoi and she needed shot of oxitosin). Each time it ended up in argument. The Borzoi ebded up "hospitalised" squshed between the toilet bowl and the bathtub in the clinics bathroom and they had X-rayed her, ultrasounded her and the bill would have bought a second hand car.

Unfortunately doctors are not better, last time I went for something minor to the local doc he tried to perform whole battery of tests on me. Later on he left alone and I needed a tissue, as leaned across his desk to reach the box, I noticed a sign he has there visible only from his side;

Did you test this patient for diabetis, anemia...............................etc.

:rant:

i took my old sick cat in to my vets last week.a new australian vet was there and he diagnosed kidney probs.did a blood test(negative) and gave us some synulox.a few days later cat is even sicker and is drinking like mad but is still not eating and is very quiet.told hubs to take her in again and see our regular vet.he instantly diagnosed pyrometra.she was operated on yesterday and despite it being so late and her nearly dying :( shes managed to pull through. :) the receptionist told hubs that the infection was caused by the antibiotics shed had the week before :blink: hubs said shes not been in here for years.'oh yes' she said 'she was in last week and had some antibiotics and theyve made her ill'. 'funny' said hubs that was a male and it was a DOG not a bloody cat!and just how do antibiotics make her ill? :lol:

kris said:
i took my old sick cat in to my vets last week.a new australian vet was there and he diagnosed kidney probs.did a blood test(negative) and gave us some synulox.a few days later cat is even sicker and is drinking like mad but is still not eating and is very quiet.told hubs to take her in again and see our regular vet.he instantly diagnosed pyrometra.she was operated on yesterday and despite it being so late and her nearly dying :(   shes managed to pull through. :) the receptionist told hubs that the infection was caused by the antibiotics shed had the week before :blink: hubs said shes not been in here for years.'oh yes' she said 'she was in last week and had some antibiotics and theyve made her ill'. 'funny' said hubs that was a male and it was a DOG not a bloody cat!and just how do antibiotics make her ill? :lol:
Anti biotics, some animals have adverse reaction to them, l nearly lost my dog thro em

keith

sounds like you had fun :wacko: some vets are a nightmare :angry: by all means, he deserves 'grassing up'! if you hadnt known what you were about, well...! a first time dog owner would have been well and truly steamrolled :angry:

When William came out of kennels after our holiday we saw a locum vet. I'm naot going to post the picture again you all sa them before but the vet said he was a bit thin but he is a greyhound gave him 2 injections and told us to come back in 3 days He saw our own vet when we went back he said the girls had told him he was in a state but he didn't realise just how bad he was. The girls even pointed out that he was a lot better by then

midlanderkeith said:
Anti biotics, some animals have adverse reaction to them, l nearly lost my dog thro em                                  keith

Some animals and people are allergic to penicilin. But antibiotic will not give anybody pyometra, or any other infection!!! :lol: You should tell the vet what his receptionist is telling to people. Are you sure she is not also an Australian? Sounds like the one I had an argument with once, she was trying to explain to me that when you worm dogs for intestinal worms it will make the dogs "immune" to worms. (w00t) She was trying to tell me that it does not matter that the worming treatment she sold me 2 weeks beforehand was inadequate, good to treat only a dog half the size (she did weigh my dog herself before selling the tab to me). Two weeks after i did my dog my friend was doing hers using the corerct dose, so i realised I did not have enough. I went back to complain and this woman told me just to give my dog the othe half of the treatment, because " she would have got partial immunity from the half dose, and that it is actually better to do it this way and then boost her immunity few weeks after that". Well, i had a little chat with the vet and never seen her there again.

Last edited by a moderator:
fallenangel said:
Ninny whent for her fisrt jab today and there was a cover vet in there ower normal one was on holiday. he must have just come out of collage. first thing he did was get Ninnys notes mixed up with Minnie well I dont think anyone could mistake her for a 6 year old  white and black greyhound. then he gave a lacture on haveing Ninny spayed and get this he said 6 months old. I am not geting into the to spay or not row on here but 6 months old is bloody rediculas.then there was the microchipping lecture did he not look all our other 8 are done so why would we need the lecrture on getting her done. Is he working peace  rates and on comission or what. We have never had the hard sell of our normal vet and it was a bit odf a shock.  wait till our normal vets back and we tell him the poo will be hiting the fan big time. We wont be going back there if hes covering again. I have dog coller older than him :angry:

Thats it I feel better for the rant

I think the problem is, fresh out of college, they are still full of book learning, and not switched on to the real world. I had a friend who qualified as a vet last year. They do 5 years training, but only 1DAY on dealing with people! So everyone is treated like a fool, until they deal with enough customers who put them straight. I hate having to pay, when i have gone in and told them what is wrong. Dog was lame on her right shoulder, had run into a fence. Young girlie vet spent 10 mins telling me it looked like a back injury, with me telling her the dog ran into a fence, in front of me, 20 mins ago.' Oh, i see she has a sollen shoulder, must be an injury here, have some synulux ans rhymadil, and this nice £60 bill ' :rant:

That sounds sooooo familiar. A couple of years ago Gladly went lame after a running tumble. The pain was clearly in his shoulder, and something was swelling, but the fluid was draining down into his paw. (It's something called 'gravity' I think!!! :- " ) When he went to the vet, I saw a very keen, very young man, who appeared to listen to me, but all the pushing and prodding he was doing was down at the bottom of the leg. Eventually he suggested an X-ray. I asked him to do one of the shoulder too. He didn't. When I went in next time, I saw the same bloke (my vet was still on holiday!) I asked for another x-ray this time of the shoulder. After some 'discussion' he agreed. 48 hours later my own vet was back, so Gladly and I went in again to see her. She was giggling as we went into the consulting room because the notes said "Owner insisting on unecessary shoulder x-ray, which showed no damage - tried to dissuade, but impossible" !!

In fact it turned out we were both right - it WAS his shoulder, but the damage was to the tendon, so didn't show on the x-ray!

Seraphina said:
midlanderkeith said:
Anti biotics, some animals have adverse reaction to them, l nearly lost my dog thro em

keith

Some animals and people are allergic to penicilin. But antibiotic will not give anybody pyometra, or any other infection!!! :lol: You should tell the vet what his receptionist is telling to people. Are you sure she is not also an Australian? Sounds like the one I had an argument with once, she was trying to explain to me that when you worm dogs for intestinal worms it will make the dogs "immune" to worms. (w00t) She was trying to tell me that it does not matter that the worming treatment she sold me 2 weeks beforehand was inadequate, good to treat only a dog half the size (she did weigh my dog herself before selling the tab to me). Two weeks after i did my dog my friend was doing hers using the corerct dose, so i realised I did not have enough. I went back to complain and this woman told me just to give my dog the othe half of the treatment, because " she would have got partial immunity from the half dose, and that it is actually better to do it this way and then boost her immunity few weeks after that". Well, i had a little chat with the vet and never seen her there again.

Who mentioned infection

Vanna said:
"Owner insisting on unecessary shoulder x-ray, which showed no damage - tried to dissuade, but impossible"  !! 
I love it! I'd be flattered if I read that on some of my notes :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back