The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stand In Vet

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
doris said:
Vanna said:
"Owner insisting on unecessary shoulder x-ray, which showed no damage - tried to dissuade, but impossible"  !! 
I love it! I'd be flattered if I read that on some of my notes :lol:

Well it did make me giggle! :lol: Especially as I was right about a shoulder injury!!

Seraphina said:
midlanderkeith said:
Anti biotics, some animals have adverse reaction to them, l nearly lost my dog thro em

keith

Some animals and people are allergic to penicilin. But antibiotic will not give anybody pyometra, or any other infection!!! :lol: You should tell the vet what his receptionist is telling to people. Are you sure she is not also an Australian? Sounds like the one I had an argument with once, she was trying to explain to me that when you worm dogs for intestinal worms it will make the dogs "immune" to worms. (w00t) She was trying to tell me that it does not matter that the worming treatment she sold me 2 weeks beforehand was inadequate, good to treat only a dog half the size (she did weigh my dog herself before selling the tab to me). Two weeks after i did my dog my friend was doing hers using the corerct dose, so i realised I did not have enough. I went back to complain and this woman told me just to give my dog the othe half of the treatment, because " she would have got partial immunity from the half dose, and that it is actually better to do it this way and then boost her immunity few weeks after that". Well, i had a little chat with the vet and never seen her there again.

oh i WILL be telling him about this young BLONDE girl. :lol: but im saving this up for another occassion! o:) she isnt aussie by the way.im sure theres some excellent aussie vets! :thumbsup:

The vet we use for jabs , wormers etc is great. He comes out to see our old girl she hates vets. He gave Ninny,s sister Sky her jab and she didnt feel a thing. He evan sat on the floor to play with her. His prices are very fair. Our dogs always leave tails wagging with a treat of some kind. And he never gives us the hard sell.

Sky had her jab and left with her puppy bag of goodies, and a toy off the shelf from our vet.

midlanderkeith said:
Who mentioned infection
Kris did :)

kris said:
i took my old sick cat in to my vets he instantly diagnosed pyrometra.she was operated on yesterday and despite it being so late and her nearly dying :(   shes managed to pull through. :) the receptionist told hubs that the infection was caused by the antibiotics shed had the week before :blink:

Seraphina said:
midlanderkeith said:
Who mentioned infection

Kris did :)

kris said:
i took my old sick cat in to my vets he instantly diagnosed pyrometra.she was operated on yesterday and despite it being so late and her nearly dying :(   shes managed to pull through. :) the receptionist told hubs that the infection was caused by the antibiotics shed had the week before :blink:
What i was implying was that antibiotics made my dog severely ill

keith :p

midlanderkeith said:
Seraphina said:
midlanderkeith said:
Anti biotics, some animals have adverse reaction to them, l nearly lost my dog thro em

keith

Some animals and people are allergic to penicilin. But antibiotic will not give anybody pyometra, or any other infection!!! :lol: You should tell the vet what his receptionist is telling to people. Are you sure she is not also an Australian? Sounds like the one I had an argument with once, she was trying to explain to me that when you worm dogs for intestinal worms it will make the dogs "immune" to worms. (w00t) She was trying to tell me that it does not matter that the worming treatment she sold me 2 weeks beforehand was inadequate, good to treat only a dog half the size (she did weigh my dog herself before selling the tab to me). Two weeks after i did my dog my friend was doing hers using the corerct dose, so i realised I did not have enough. I went back to complain and this woman told me just to give my dog the othe half of the treatment, because " she would have got partial immunity from the half dose, and that it is actually better to do it this way and then boost her immunity few weeks after that". Well, i had a little chat with the vet and never seen her there again.

Who mentioned infection

The post you quoted in your original reply was about the fact that the nurse was blaming the pyometra on the antibiotics, so the final comment was about antibiotics not being responsible for making that animal ill. You replied that anitbiotics CAN make an animal ill, so the response to you was clarifying that they cannot cause an infection like pyometra (as in teh post you quoted originally).

Wendy

PINKY P said:
I would be angry if i was you
:) You cannot blame the vet for the dog having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. Unfortunately, it is the most effective antibiotics, which may also in rare cases cause the allergy. As more and more bacteria are getting resistant to antibiotics we are also going to have less and less choice what we use. :(

Thats right , im allergic to amoxiycilin ( sp) I wont tell you what it makes swell up and inch (w00t) :- " :oops: ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back