The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Standing At Stud

milly

Who's Y Daddy?
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Standing at stud is my first cross whippet greyhound to selective bitches only.

Buzz is only two years old and we have had to semi-retire him due to a stopper bone injury. This dog as beaten some of the fastest sprinters on the racing scene.

At 11 months he won the Scottish Derby No Limit Yearlings, for dogs up to 18months old, over a distance of 175 yards. This year,even with his injury,he managed to win the no-limit Scottish Derby,against some of the best dogs in the country!

PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD LUCK WITH HIM GEOFF SURE HE WILL THROW GOOD PUPS

PHTO0298.jpg

This is Buzz first on the left, his litter sister Penny centre and Freddy litter brother all Scottish Derby Winners, and two more that are on the lurcher racing scene which are very fast.

S5000130.jpg

Buzz is the sire to Mouse she's 5 months old

milly said:
S5000130.jpg

When a pup gets to 5 or 6 months old these are the things I look for

(1)Head like a snake

(2)Neck like a drake

(3)Back like a beam

(4)Feet like a cat

(5)Tail like a rat

cracking photos geoff..they are a force to be reckoned with, all 3 !

john :thumbsup:

milly said:
milly said:
S5000130.jpg

(1)Head like a snake

(2)Neck like a drake

(3)Back like a beam

(4)Feet like a cat

(5)Tail like a rat

Hey geoff,you better watch out that Ted Walsh doesnt do you for using pssages fromhis book.I think rouges n running dogs.Or was it in one of the Plumber masterpieces. ....Billy....

billyboy45 said:
milly said:
milly said:
S5000130.jpg

(1)Head like a snake

(2)Neck like a drake

(3)Back like a beam

(4)Feet like a cat

(5)Tail like a rat

Hey geoff,you better watch out that Ted Walsh doesnt do you for using pssages fromhis book.I think rouges n running dogs.Or was it in one of the Plumber masterpieces. ....Billy....

Come off it Billy me reading their books, you've got to be joking. They picked peoples wits then proclaimed to know it all, may be I should sue them but it would have to be through a medium :D looks like your a avid reader of both of them

Just the thought of people thinking I have been influenced by these two authors makes my stomach turn over. I was tought from the old school of dog men,

men that had to fill the pot for their family. Dog men like Danny Boyle, Red Dodsworth, Harry Simms, and my uncle Jud Mc Culloch.These men taught me the art of ferreting, long netting, and how to flush a rabbit out,hare courseing, and one very important thing, never to get caught. Also this bunch of ruffians knew how to get a dog ready for the flapping track, and make no mistake when they bet their dog 99% of the time it won. When being taught by Danny Boyle you also learnt how to duck a punch, because if you got it wrong he would punch you and believe you me it hurt.He was a ex pro boxer who also boxed at the fairground booth.

Right Billy, this is where I came across the saying feet like a cat etc etc.........

The Greyhound Owners Encyclopaedia by Ivy M. Regan in 1975 and 1981 page 87 and she quotes from a old text book which says this.

The oft-times quoted lines from Wynkn de worde's Treatise of 1496 gives a good description of what a running dog should be:

Headed lyke a snake,

Neckyed like a drake,

Fotyd lyke a cat,

Taylyd lyke a ratte,

Syded lyke a teme,

Chyned lyke a bream.

It was described as given in the 'Book of St Albans',written by Dame Juliana Berners about 1479.

Hedded lyke a snake

Nekt lyke a drake

Bakt lyke a beame

Syded lyke a breeme

Footed lyke a catte

Tayld lyke a ratte.

It is interesting to compare this copy with Wynkyn de Worde's copy dated 1496

(see previous post)

milly said:
billyboy45 said:
milly said:
milly said:
S5000130.jpg

(1)Head like a snake

(2)Neck like a drake

(3)Back like a beam

(4)Feet like a cat

(5)Tail like a rat

Come off it Billy me reading their books, you've got to be joking. They picked peoples wits then proclaimed to know it all, may be I should sue them but it would have to be through a medium :D looks like your a avid reader of both of them

Nope,dont read much now.And i would say it is at least 15 years since i read that in someone's book.That's why i wasnt sure where.The last time i read one of Plumber's books,it was that one called ,Diary Of A Hunter, just after it came out,and after about the first 1/2 hour of it ,i knew this idiot was of his head,as there is no way he could have done so much work with a dog in one of his days,cause there just was not enough hour's in a day for what he said he done.And to think,he recond he did it every day.It would also be as long or longer ,since i read Walsh's book.But to be honest Geoff,i think ive forgotten more than those two ever learnt,and believe me ,when i say that im still learning. Just thought id mention ,that i once offered Plumber a challenge,when he quoted in the countryman's weekly ,that an Irish man could;nt train a dog to obedience standard.At the time ,i had a 5/8 3/8 collie xgreyhound.She was trained by me ,with the help of a mate,who won the English and Irish Springer Field Trial Championships.She was even better than most Springers.I offered him on through the downpatrick lurcher club,that was on the go at that time,but he turned down the challenge.At that time id never heard of anything to do with lurcher trials,and i do recon she would have been hard to beat.Also,ive done a bit of hard training with a couple of WhippetxGreyhounds,who could take it,cause most cant.And believe me ,they are a lot more brainier than people give them credit for.Anyway,enough said on this. ...Billy...

have to say geoff mouse is an absoulute gem !

john :thumbsup:

and this description is perfect......

Hedded lyke a snake

Nekt lyke a drake

Bakt lyke a beame

Syded lyke a breeme

Footed lyke a catte

Tayld lyke a ratte

you do some research mate i can tell ya !

milly said:
S5000172.jpg
Mouse 6 1/2 months 39lbs

Mouse 6 1/2 months 39lbs and stands 21 1/2 inches, looks like she's going to be a under 23" lurcher racer like her grandmother (Milly) who beat the best in the UK, including the over 23" dogs :

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back