The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Still goes during night, also sudden urges to chase cars and bite lead

deka

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Border Collie Pup is 9 months old now, for past month or so whenever she sees a car on same side of road as her she pulls me towards it and if I hold her back as I see one coming she instead jumps in air and "snaps" at it, I think out of excitement.

She also pretty much as she goes outdoors bites the lead and walks/jumps backwards to pull me towards the field then when we get close she jumps and tries biting the lead out of my hand as she wants off the lead, its cute but it ends up sometimes it can take 10 or more minutes for her to stop and if I only have a 10-15 minute break at work I have no time to do things for myself like eat, go to bathroom etc also she can unintentionally bite my side or hand when trying to get lead off me.

The main thing though is she still goges during night, she has never stopped this since day 1, at most maybe 1 or 2 days a month she sleeps through, I have put up blackout fabric and this makes her sleep in more but she still wants out normally between 1am - 3am though a few times recently has been close to 4am, took her to vet who said her wee sample was mostly fine with just 1 thing slightly off so I put puppy on tablets but 4 days later she hasn't changed in fact is double weeing during the day (she also begs to go out every 90-120 minutes but can't tell if thats just her playing games)

Any advice? I was thinking of going back to the trainer even though its expensive.

I also am getting her spayed soon as my PDSA is accepting new patients now and has accepted pup so I don't know if that will affect her much.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back