The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Storms Progress

world.hunters

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Iv decided to just do one thread for storm from now on and update it every week or so.

Storm is a 3/4 grey 1/4 border collie around 10months, 60lb and 26"tts

i started taking him out as soon as he had jabs with the air rifle retreiving shot game.

and now to date he has caught 21 rabbits and 1 duck.

iv not long got in with another brace of rabbits just went down to one field and had 2 out of 2, now this field was not lampable due to the crops that have been left to die and re-grow through out the year now the change in the weather has finally killed them off and its now possible to lamp this field has never been this good and i think the crops have helped attract rabbits as the last few times i have been out theres always been a few on here, even though its a crop field these rabbits can still fly,

1st catch was a squatter, it shuffled slighly to the left so i slipped storm he ran out the beam to the left and came in from and angle and picked it up before it had a chance to move,

2nd catch was on the run and he picked it up like a pro.

i also have had my ferret for over a week now and the 2 are getting on fine

here is a couple pics

W.h

3week.jpg

8weekb.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

frame.jpg

15-1.jpg

42.jpg

Storm is so cute in the 2nd pic :wub:

He has grown up into a lovely looking dog, great pics.

Deirdre :)

He is such a fantastic looking dog! :D I could do with some tips on training mine to bring back their bunnies instead of just running off hunting them on their own accord!! :- "

He looks like he id doing really well and you are having loads of fun with him. :thumbsup:

I don't suppose storm would be available to give dot lessons would he? (w00t) The only thing she retrieves at the mo is my socks from the bathroom :b

IMG_0151.jpg

Storm is lovely, look forward to reading his updates :thumbsup:

Dot is also lovely :wub:

Rose :)

Thanks :D She is a first cross out of our pedigree whippet and blue merle border collie. Had fancied trying her at flyball, but not managed it yet. Haven't tried her out in the fields so far, its difficult to find permission up here :( Love the pics of storm...........especially the one of him flying over the fence!

chris

rob67 said:
Thanks  :D She is a first cross out of our pedigree whippet and blue merle border collie. Had fancied trying her at flyball, but not managed it yet. Haven't tried her out in the fields so far, its difficult to find permission up here :(   Love the pics of storm...........especially the one of him flying over the fence!
chris

i know wht you meen about permission. sometimes you get lost when walking and end up bumping into rabbits :- "

Took Storm out today Rew met me and we split up, rew took bramble to a few warrens and i took storm, Only had one bolt today i didnt net it up as it was in a field so i wanted storm to run it, put ferret in, within 20 sec rabbit bolted out storm was in it he turned it once and then it ran past me inches away, storm ran into me then managed to turn it again before picking it up nicley it was a cracking run, then did another set but there was a lot of blackberry mushes etc covering holes etc ferret worked the bushes but it wasnt to be, rew then returned with 2 that he had caught in the nets.

a good walk out and ferret and storm did very well.

156.jpg

153.jpg

155.jpg

157.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back