The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sue Parker & Steve Richardson Men Open

tanyia

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Come and enjoy a good day out 31st December 2007

Asfordby wrc top ten open

100% payout

Weigh in 10 - 11 am.

£3 per entry plus 50p lure.

Adults dogs & bitches sep. up to 25lb. up to 35lb ,,,, 4 dog final

Yearlings / pups / vets 25lb , 35lb All in [ proof of age reg ]

Also Scr. 36lb , 40lb , & no limit

Racing as soon as the programmes are out.

Sadly our last meeting on this track

Check weather and track conditions with Paul Jennings.

Wish we could come but the dates no good for us ... why didn't the open get held over the weekend

DENISE BAILEY said:
Wish we could come but the dates no good for us ... why didn't the open get held over the weekend
Sorry Dee I dont know, unless it clashed with the footballers , Paul would beable to tell you.

A lot of people are back at work on monday, so cant come :(

It seems a bit silly to have this open on New Years Eve. Its o/k for people who live near Ashfordby but i cant see people travelling 2 or 3 hrs & spoiling their New Year celebrations.

we are going but i agree would have preferred it on sunday

Sorry as Ive already said this is the last event at Asfordby, we can not have the use of the track over the weekend.

We had 80 dogs last year and a very good days racing. It didnt spoil anyones new year celebrations, we started racing at 11.30 am. Everyone seemed to have a great time. And in the party mood when thay all left for home.

tanyia said:
Sorry as Ive already said this is the last event at Asfordby, we can not have the use of the track over the weekend.We had 80 dogs last year and a very good days racing. It didnt spoil anyones new year celebrations, we started racing at 11.30 am. Everyone seemed to have a great time. And in the party mood when thay all left for home.

:luck: Good luck to all who attend :luck: wish we had racing over here we would not care what day it was :luck:

Adam

tanyia said:
Sorry as Ive already said this is the last event at Asfordby, we can not have the use of the track over the weekend.We had 80 dogs last year and a very good days racing. It didn't spoil anyones new year celebrations, we started racing at 11.30 am. Everyone seemed to have a great time. And in the party mood when thay all left for home.

I don't think it was on new years eve last year pauline... i am sure we attended it

Its ashame we have lost yet another great venue and track

Last edited by a moderator:
it wasnt new years eve last year :( hope its a good turn out but the date is a bit silly good luck to those who can attend :luck: :luck:

wud love to have come new years eve means sfa to me but sadly dont think the van wud get us there otherwise wudve been there and its about 3 and half hours for us.

my mistake it fell on the 30th last year ,and yes Dee we all had a good time :D

Football has taken the weekends now, I hope those who can make it have a safe journey and enjoy a good days racing. Our dogs will really miss racing at Asfordby thay grew up running there and love it. We had some good fun there. A great track.

young-shadow said:
tanyia said:
Sorry as Ive already said this is the last event at Asfordby, we can not have the use of the track over the weekend.We had 80 dogs last year and a very good days racing. It didnt spoil anyones new year celebrations, we started racing at 11.30 am. Everyone seemed to have a great time. And in the party mood when thay all left for home.

:luck: Good luck to all who attend :luck: wish we had racing over here we would not care what day it was :luck:

Adam

Ahh Adam.Nice to see you on again mate.Hope that pup of youre's is coming along nicely.And i hope Santa came you're way too,as somebody ows you one mate.

tanyia said:
my mistake it fell on the 30th last year ,and yes Dee we all had a good time  :D Football has taken the weekends now, I hope those who can make it have a safe journey and enjoy a good days racing. Our dogs will really miss racing at Asfordby thay grew up running there and love it. We had some good fun there. A great track.

What's happened with the track.ie,is it closing down or what. ...Billy...

I will be there if fit enough to help out with the printing ect, but dog wont be, had him up the vet this afternoon for an absess, his face was a picture when the vet burst it for him, what a relief aahhhhhh :b :cheers: :luck:

billyboy45 said:
tanyia said:
my mistake it fell on the 30th last year ,and yes Dee we all had a good time  :D Football has taken the weekends now, I hope those who can make it have a safe journey and enjoy a good days racing. Our dogs will really miss racing at Asfordby thay grew up running there and love it. We had some good fun there. A great track.

What's happened with the track.ie,is it closing down or what. ...Billy...
The track is to be incorparated into two new football pitches, they make more money from pitches than they do whippet racing, thats the way it goes.

:( shame to b losing this track it was one of my faves really liked the champs when it was there too. we r deffo losing bigges maine here too only have 1 track in the north east region left the rising sun. :(

john m said:
I will be there if fit enough to help out with the printing ect, but dog wont be, had him up the vet this afternoon for an absess, his face was a picture when the vet burst it for him, what a relief aahhhhhh :b   :cheers:   :luck:
Hope to see you there John, thanks to you we were racing by 11.30 last year :thumbsup:

Hope your dog is feeling much better now

sherry said:
:( shame to b losing this track it was one of my faves really liked the champs when it was there too. we r deffo losing bigges maine here too only have 1 track in the north east region left the rising sun.  :(
Thats bad news Carole, we are losing to many tracks. Like us you will be doing alot of travelling to race your dogs. Its two and a half hours to get to Old hall for us to club race.

tanyia said:
sherry said:
:( shame to b losing this track it was one of my faves really liked the champs when it was there too. we r deffo losing bigges maine here too only have 1 track in the north east region left the rising sun.  :(
Thats bad news Carole, we are losing to many tracks. Like us you will be doing alot of travelling to race your dogs. Its two and a half hours to get to Old hall for us to club race.

flippin heck pauline thats a canny way cant u find a track somewhere nearer? we r lucky that we still have the rising sun but we also have dawdon, horden only half an hour away then newton aycliffe bout 40 mins then stockton an hour so we r still lucky in that respect. we r hoping the council come up with an alternative from bigges maine it is a healty h/cap with 15+ dogs almost every sat.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back