The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sunday Derby Programme

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i agree with you val i to saw dogs that was seeded on sunday and plenty of time to cross over but didnt untill a dog was near it in my opinion if the dog wants a side it wouldnt wait till half way / 3/4 of the way up the track to do so.

i agree with you val i to saw dogs that was seeded on sunday and plenty of time to cross over but didnt untill a dog was near it in my opinion if the dog wants a side it wouldnt wait till half way / 3/4 of the way up the track to do so. mand

I think ppl are unwilling to be middle judges as they are not sure what they are looking for. I wouldn't be a middle judge as I would have a few dogs out but because of the way seeding is in place now they are justified in hampering a dog.
Ive seen dogs seeded right run straight up the left hand side until a dog comes to pass on the right hand side, dog then checks right and takes out passing dog, this is not a right hand runner!!!!!

The other problem is no one want the hassle and abuse from dogs owners who dont ever seem to see their own dog doing anything, everyone knows it goes on. Owners shouting at judges when decisions are made, nothing is done about this that is why no one is willing to do the jobs./
I agree on the seeding too,think some seed to get there dogs a clear run ie either side,my example is a left hand dog,comes out the red,stays on the left,hits the front halfway up then moves into the middle.OK not interfered with anything,but is it a true left hand runner ?IMO not

I think ppl are unwilling to be middle judges as they are not sure what they are looking for. I wouldn't be a middle judge as I would have a few dogs out but because of the way seeding is in place now they are justified in hampering a dog.
Ive seen dogs seeded right run straight up the left hand side until a dog comes to pass on the right hand side, dog then checks right and takes out passing dog, this is not a right hand runner!!!!!

The other problem is no one want the hassle and abuse from dogs owners who dont ever seem to see their own dog doing anything, everyone knows it goes on. Owners shouting at judges when decisions are made, nothing is done about this that is why no one is willing to do the jobs./
I agree on the seeding too,think some seed to get there dogs a clear run ie either side,my example is a left hand dog,comes out the red,stays on the left,hits the front halfway up then moves into the middle.OK not interfered with anything,but is it a true left hand runner ?IMO not
i wouldnt say it was can understand the dog moveing to middle when lure is about to stop but not half way down track it would interfere with a true left hand

runner that was inside it

i wouldnt say it was can understand the dog moveing to middle when lure is about to stop but not half way down track it would interfere with a true left hand

runner that was inside it
Thats what I mean John/Fiona ? My opinion is a true left hand runner would stay on the left all the way up the track even if hitting the front,up until coming in for a stopping lure.If a dog can move into the middle for a lure,when it's flat out then it's running the lure not up the left or righthand side,hence it doesn't need seeding.Have to then ask the question "Why seed the dog" ? :-

The NNWRF started to watch seeded dogs for a while but when owners of dogs where approached regarding there dogs all they got was abuse most of the time

As for half way judging i agree with val

Judges should have good vision and a backbone, regardless of whether there's a halfway judge or not.

I've said this a million times, if a dog deliberately turns it's head on another dog in the race then it should automatically be disqualified whether it won or lost. The reason being so that people see the results on k9 and can make an informed decision about whether they choose to risk running with that dog when they come up against it at an open. Judges have the final say, whether the owners kick up a stink or not.

I complained about 2 dogs last week (one dog twice in two different races!), first instance i was told the result had already been given but the dog would be watched (the dog later went on to tackle two dogs in the Derby), the second dog i was told it was first past the post (this dog didn't win but would from the lack of disqualification be eligable for the consolation).

Also would it be that hard to apologise to fellow racers for your dogs behaviour.

If video recordings of events were done i can't help but feel this problem wouldn't be such an issue.

Agree (god i'm doing some agreeing today :lol: ) with Vicky,lets drag out the video recorders,if a judges descision is not accepted then go the video.No matter how much as an owner,we dont want to think the worst of our own dogs,we need to take responsibility.Dogs that have a go,dodgy whatever you want to call it,should be re-schooled or withdrawn from racing altogether.At the end of the day,there's more than that 1 dog in the race.Is it right that the other dogs are put at risk ?????

Going back to the seeding issue.Throw a dog out if it is incorrectly seeded,or doesn't need seeding,that will make people think before doing it :thumbsup:

theres a lot of folks shout about half way judges im not aiming at anyone but never offer to do the job :unsure: and i totaly agree they should be present at all events. you cant expect the lines judges to be able to watch every dog from traps . and due to seeding wrongly a lot of the time halfway judges are a must also scotland wasnt too bad due to fence but folks hanging over the line dosnt help think boxes and finishing lines should all be boxed of so judges get a clearer view from the top

Last edited by a moderator:
Judges should have good vision and a backbone, regardless of whether there's a halfway judge or not.
Ive noticed at alot of opens judges are blind sided due to no fencing in place , there's always loads of people stood around the finishing line timing , and people hanging over the trap area shouting dogs out ..without fencing with a 20 yard box at the finishing line and traps area , youll always have the problem of not having a clear view

theres a lot of folks shout about half way judges im not aiming at anyone but never offer to do the job :unsure: and i totaly agree they should be present at all events. you cant expect the lines judges to be able to watch every dog from traps . and due to seeding wrongly a lot of the time halfway judges are a must also scotland wasnt too bad due to fence but folks hanging over the line dosnt help think boxes and finishing lines should all be boxed of so judges get a clearer view from the top
have you been reading my mind lol

i started this topic up on sundays programme not seedings. thats a whole other topic so can a mod please separate the two. id b happy to put my two penneth worth in then, cheerz :thumbsup:

back to the original topic for hazel the times 4 the consolation racing were cracked the ice 32lb time 9.02

back to the original topic for hazel the times 4 the consolation racing were cracked the ice 32lb time 9.02
Thanks Carole, you're a star :lol: :lol:

i started this topic up on sundays programme not seedings. thats a whole other topic so can a mod please separate the two. id b happy to put my two penneth worth in then, cheerz :thumbsup:
Be nice if you put the correct results on, then i probably wouldnt have bothered replying in this topic.

nice one cazole ;)

hows your hangover carole u took your sunnies of yet lol

right it wont let me quote 4 some reason so to answer john, i didnt fill that part of my programme in someone kindly did it for me (think i was @ the loo or something) anyway i cant comment on that partiulcar race as i didnt see it.all im asking is for someone to split the two topics. ie sundays progarmme and middle judges/seedings etc. i think its a good topic and needs discussed but in a separate thread. sorry i got the results wrong but like i say i didnt see that race.

thanks for that Carole Megan did'nt run as well as i thought she's been doing better time at club, will have her looked at maybe she's injured

right it wont let me quote 4 some reason so to answer john, i didnt fill that part of my programme in someone kindly did it for me (think i was @ the loo or something) anyway i cant comment on that partiulcar race as i didnt see it.all im asking is for someone to split the two topics. ie sundays progarmme and middle judges/seedings etc. i think its a good topic and needs discussed but in a separate thread. sorry i got the results wrong but like i say i didnt see that race.
It's good of you to take the time and trouble to put the results on Carole :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back