The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Supreme National Champion Maid Your Point

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Great dog owned and trained by two great people, well done to all of you. :cheers: :luck:

Well done Vicky & Mark on gaining Supreme National Champion with Maid Your Point. This is a great achievement and couldnt have happened to two nicer people. :thumbsup:

welldone.gif

Vicky and Mark :thumbsup: and of course Jude :)

A huge well done to Vicky & Mark. :cheers: (Wish you 2 would get wed then I can call you the Warren kennels or Harper's!) :lol:

I've got the Tiffany brochure Mark if you want to borrow it. :D

I know this thread is in recognition of his recent accolade but I think the thought and care used in producing such a fine dog is also worthy of recognition.

From the begining Vicky gave much thought to the breeding of her fine bitch Taylor Maid, an excellent sprinter who was frequently the bridesmaid to Show Three. Chosing Gillette as her stud dog and while Buster is no longer with us, he was a legend in his own right and I believe this lives on in his offspring.

I remember well the exasperation we endured trying to get the lining to happen that night and what fools we're we when the next day he coveted her. (w00t)

Days passed and as Ella's tum got bigger, Vicky in her excitement would send me videos of Ella's alien belly. (she'll kill me for mentioning this) :lol:

Then after an uneventful labour (at least for Ella) :- " 5 fluffy bundles we're born.

Jude admitedly was not the prettiest at birth - I think Vicky called him uglybug but as the days passed he looked more & more attractive. The fact her dear Grandad picked him out confirmed with Vicky that he was staying and this also seems a fated event to me. Probably more so now with recent events.

I think also Mark getting Billy was yet another act of fate, that would bring 2 devoted racers together. :wub:

I remember Saturdays at the Gin Pit getting the pups out with the hand lure and eventually reaching that personally rewarding moment I enjoy of seeing them pass one of my peds because from there it's off into the big wide world of whippet racing. :cheers:

Open racing started out at Maltby with Jude's first win on the straight a few months later at Worcestor in August 2006. End of the straights and Jude takes to the bends with him getting 2nd in Yearling Final (Show Of The World).

2 Weeks later Maid Your Point collects his first Championship title with the NNWRF, the fact Grandad Graham was there made this one of the most memorable moments to me in Whippet Racing, I cannot perceive how much joy and elation was going on in Vicky, Marks and Grahams hearts that day. The rest is now history, with battles along the way but the determination, care and love as a family that has been put into Jude clearly shows to us all.

I don't detract anything away to all those dogs that compete, with owners who I believe equally put in great effort, both in time, care and love to produce dogs of such high calibre. I wish you all could be champions and hope your all rewarded for your efforts whether it's a win or a dog that rewards you equally with such devotion as that that you give.

:cheers: [SIZE=21pt]Congratulations Maid Your Point and Vicky & Mark :cheers: [/SIZE]

:cheers: well done, excellent achievement, watched the dog at the weekend and it raced very intelligently picking the right line in all the races to get a clear run.

Congratulations Vicky and Mark :cheers: Couldnt have happend to a better couple :D

Well done Vicky & Mark and of course Maid your Point on winning the golden jacket and also achieving Supreme status.

We are enjoying racing against Maid your Point and there have been some good close races during 2008. We are looking forward to racing against him on the bends but it doesn't look like Jude & Timmy will ever be the best of friends!!

Well done again

Kathryn & Paul

Thankyou to all our friends who have taken the time to post such lovely replies - Jacqui, you brought a tear to my eye :'(

N2S said:
Well done Vicky & Mark and of course Maid your Point on winning the golden jacket and also achieving Supreme status.
We are enjoying racing against Maid your Point and there have been some good close races during 2008.  We are looking forward to racing against him on the bends but it doesn't look like Jude & Timmy will ever be the best of friends!!

Well done again

Kathryn & Paul

well done vicky mark great dog brill couple :thumbsup: :cheers: :clown:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENTS WITH JUDE. :thumbsup:

ROB & TINA

well done vicky and mark with jude great dog great couple geoff :thumbsup: :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back