The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Talking About Blues

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Seraphina said:
dessie said:
Morgan said:
:D   :D   :D Ok!!! I must confess I totally forgot!!! :oops:
LOL!!!  Bad girl!!!

Ch. Sunsalve Heatwave at Hutaka (by Ch Carmodian Tawny Knight)

Was this the odd coloured tricolour type thingy dog????

Yes that is the one.

Ch. Sunsalve Heatwave at Hutaka

Ooooooh yes, that's him. He is my Dessie Whippet's uncle but neither Dessie or any of her daughter's (so far) have ever produced anything remotely like him and I have tended to use dogs that go back to the same 'old' lines. Nor have his other sibling sisters produced the colour, as far as I know.

Fascinating.

dessie said:
Morgan said:
LOL!!!  Bad girl!!!
o:) o:) o:)

Seriously I had no idea I wrote something funny :D :D :D :oops:

Next time I should use a French to English translator maybe it will be better :lol: :b

dessie said:
Seraphina said:
dessie said:
Morgan said:
LOL!!!  Bad girl!!!

Yes that is the one.

Ooooooh yes, that's him. He is my Dessie Whippet's uncle but neither Dessie or any of her daughter's (so far) have ever produced anything remotely like him and I have tended to use dogs that go back to the same 'old' lines. Nor have his other sibling sisters produced the colour, as far as I know.

Fascinating.

Hi!

Lena Hjalmarsson of Carmodey whippets in Sweden imported a full sister of Tawny Knight to Sweden, Ch Carmodian Silver Queen. When she line bred back to Silver Queen some puppies had very different colours like tri-colour.

Henrik

wow! I have never seen a whippet that colour before - I like it!

I liked this dog very much apart from his odd colour :oops: he was nice make and shape

playawhile said:
dessie said:
Seraphina said:
dessie said:
Morgan said:
LOL!!!  Bad girl!!!

Yes that is the one.

Fascinating.

Hi!

Lena Hjalmarsson of Carmodey whippets in Sweden imported a full sister of Tawny Knight to Sweden, Ch Carmodian Silver Queen. When she line bred back to Silver Queen some puppies had very different colours like tri-colour.

Henrik

Really, has she still got any? What colour was Silver Queen?............. let me guess :- " blue brindle!!

dessie said:
Karen said:
I liked this dog very much apart from his odd colour :oops:   he was nice make and shape
Nothing wrong with his colour!

That colour is recessive to everything else so it only comes out rarely. Countess Saint Seine (affix Grillemont) had some in past.

Grillemont Alouette,Domine and Daphne

Franfreluche de Grillemont

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina said:
That colour is recessive to everything else so it only comes out rarely.  Countess Saint Seine (affix Grillemont) had some in past.
Now we can see on lure coursing fields the tricolour bitch Vendée de Grillemont, born 2004:

Here in Blue pictured at the french Championships 2006 two weeks ago:

reboHJIdc2D2808200622350520.jpg

reboHJIdc2D2808200622350921.jpg

reboHJIdc2D2808200622351422.jpg

Seraphina said:
And it gets even weirder :)

"My" Bo-ey was not weird! :lol: ;) He was beautiful - it is such a shame we never achieved the mating with my Grau Drest to Thrill. :( *Sigh* It all seems so long ago now. It is also a shame he was not utilised by other kennels.

Morgan said:
Seraphina said:
That colour is recessive to everything else so it only comes out rarely.  Countess Saint Seine (affix Grillemont) had some in past.
Now we can see on lure coursing fields the tricolour bitch Vendée de Grillemont, born 2004:

22.jpg[/img]

I was under the impression that countess Saint Seine does not breed anymore. Obviously I was wrong. Does she breed coursing/racing dogs or does she show them?

aslan said:
Seraphina said:

"My" Bo-ey was not weird! :lol: ;) He was beautiful - it is such a shame we never achieved the mating with my Grau Drest to Thrill. :( *Sigh* It all seems so long ago now. It is also a shame he was not utilised by other kennels.

:) I cannot think of any other breed where the black/tan saddle pattern is accompanied by brindling. Although genetically it is not a conundrum, and quite expectable in a breed like a Whippet where anything goes colour wise.

Seraphina said:
Morgan said:
Seraphina said:

22.jpg[/img]

I was under the impression that countess Saint Seine does not breed anymore. Obviously I was wrong. Does she breed coursing/racing dogs or does she show them?

In fact you are right. Countesse De St Seine doesn't breed anymore but her grand daughter or maybe great grand daughter (can't remember now :oops: ) keeps the flag flying and breeds under the Grillemont affix.

Countess De St Seine has bred all: coursing, racing and show but nowadays I would say more likely just racing/coursing. Although I think she used Danielle Lempereur's dog Ch. Blue Spring Tibere who has also sired at Colloney.

aslan said:
Seraphina said:

:huggles: Just thought I would follow on this as "Bo" NEILHURST MR BOJANGLES has been bred on via his daughter GRAU HOT CHOCOLATE (Not sure of the spelling) and is from this comes Zola, GRAU GIFT WRAPPED owned by Gail Knightbridge. Also there is a 9 week old litter currently in Queensland sired by a "Bo" son GRAU PRETTY BOY FLOYD out a Rommie daughter that Cristina bred.

So perhaps all is not lost!!

Seraphina said:
aslan said:
Seraphina said:

:) I cannot think of any other breed where the black/tan saddle pattern is accompanied by brindling. Although genetically it is not a conundrum, and quite expectable in a breed like a Whippet where anything goes colour wise.

Hi Lida, this is Pat (on Kerry's computer) just to let you know that there is another breed that has a saddle pattern with brindle and that is the Plotthound. We will try to post a link to a picture of a saddle patterned Plotthound.

Saddle Patterned Plotthound

also if you search Plotthounds you will see lots of brindles as well.

Ernest Hart's book "Encyclopaedia of the Dogs" illustrates this also.

Pat

Hi Pat;

that is where you are, was trying to call you. :)

Will check out this Plotthound, thanks.

dessie said:
playawhile said:
dessie said:
Seraphina said:
dessie said:
Morgan said:
LOL!!!  Bad girl!!!

Yes that is the one.

Fascinating.

Hi!

Henrik

Really, has she still got any? What colour was Silver Queen?............. let me guess :- " blue brindle!!

Yes I think she was a blue brindle but those colours Carmodey got was back inte eighties and since then she has used other bloodlines in her breeding. You can see Silver Queen at this homepage: www.carmodey.se click on In memorian

henrik

Seraphina said:
dessie said:
Karen said:
I liked this dog very much apart from his odd colour :oops:   he was nice make and shape
Nothing wrong with his colour!

That colour is recessive to everything else so it only comes out rarely. Countess Saint Seine (affix Grillemont) had some in past.

Grillemont Alouette,Domine and Daphne

Franfreluche de Grillemont

I think its lovely to see hounds wearing hound colours! not that I am biased about colour :oops:

playawhile said:
dessie said:
playawhile said:
dessie said:
Seraphina said:
Morgan said:

Yes that is the one.

Fascinating.

Hi!

Henrik

Yes I think she was a blue brindle but those colours Carmodey got was back inte eighties and since then she has used other bloodlines in her breeding. You can see Silver Queen at this homepage: www.carmodey.se click on In memorian

henrik

Wow, that is a very nice colour (tricolour or mantle) which Ch. Sunsalve Heatwave at Hutaka has. It is very interesting to know that Ch Carmodian Silver Queen was a full sister of his sire. (I didn't know this before, thank you Henrik :) .) It's interesting especially as our own Moe (Carmodey Tomorrow at Dusilla) has Ch Carmodian Silver Queen in his pedigree:

Moe is out of

Ch. Carmodey Potpurri

who is out of

Carmodey Miami

who is out of

Ch. SweW-89 Carmodey Moksiis

who is out of

Carmodey Pawnee

who is out of

Ch Carmodian Silver Queen, and Pawnee is actually line-bred to her: Pawnee's sire Ch Carmodey Jumpin Jack Flash is a grandson of Ch Carmodian Silver Queen.

It'll be exciting to see whether Moe or any of his offspring will produce that rare colour (w00t) .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back