The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Teesside Lurcher Club

Jonboy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I recently started a lurcher racing meet on a sunday to keep dogs fit throughout the close season and meets proved to be popular so it will continue all year round.We are based in Billingham near Middlesbrough and meet @ 2pm on Sundays.Whether you got a lurcher/whippet or greyhound you are all more than welcome to come along and run your dog.Tea/coffee/soft drinks and snacks are available also.We have just started to charge £1 per dog for the meet but this is not for profit,it covers the liability insurance and we are in the process of setting up a website for all our members.Proof of all purchases are always on view so people can see where their £1 goes.Any information needed dont hesitate to contact me on 07791 507621.I work away so cant be online a great deal so texting or ringing is probably best.Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you.Jon

Good luck with the club it's nice to see some body helping to keep the sport of racing a live and I'm sure people don't mind parting with £1 (if they do,) they shouldn't be there :- imo.

I hope it goes from strength to strength, :thumbsup: Di

ive been to teeside lurcher club and really enjoyed it my dog got plenty of racing sometimes up to seven runs not bad for a pound .will be going next weekend all beeing well .john n matt who run it are great blokes hope it really takes off for them .nice friendly atmosphere nothing too serious and dogs of all abilitys .ive met a few new people and my wife and daughter realy look forward to going. there aint much to do on a sunday so hopefully might see a few new faces the more the merrier.

cheers Jim and lads. very poor turn out again this week but all down to these shows that are hopefully coming to an end so we can have plenty of runs.Had a couple of new faces which is a bonus and they are gonna pass word about.Need to get more flyers out and about but working away dont give me much time and Matt is also away.Think im home on sat night Jim so will prob have a nights lamping if you fancy it???

yep im up for it just ring if yer going if not will see you sunday.cheers JIM

still looking for people for sundays meet.anyone interested???

A big thanks to all who attended todays meet.Was really enjoyable after the last 2 poor weeks and we had two hours of none stop racing.Hoping for big turn out next week too as my dad travelling up fron Kent with his dogs to run so anyone interested get in touch.

still looking for people for sundays meet.anyone interested???
is it just straight racing or is there coursing aswell.

where abouts is it at billingham do you have a postcode. thanx

just straight but may start coursing all details on our new website teessidelurcherclub.co.uk.Thanks for your interest!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back