The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Terrible Terrible Day

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thankyou all so very much for your replies, we are still reeling here - her basket is still in the kitchen and her bowl is still on the kitchen floor I just cant do it yet - its as if shes in the hall still - sleeping like a draught excluder like she normally did. Ive even thought I heard her snoring last night. Woke up this morning and it took a couple of seconds to realise that she had gone.

Rosie was the only constant in my children's fairly traumatic life in the last couple of years - she saw my eldest start school (hes now 13 1/2) my youngest born, my stroke, youngest start school, my marriage breakup and a move away from my family. Many many a time Ive sobbed into her neck - and now shes gone. Evie will make a new place in our family - and shes got Rosies name in her KC name - shes Rosie's Midnight Hope.

So sorry for your loss,my heart goes out to you :huggles: :huggles: i know what its like like as i loss my Dachie last November age 16 :(

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news- thinkin of you all :wub:

I hope little Evie helps to ease your pain a bit :huggles:

Liz and the Monellis

I am sorry.

- If it should be, that I grow frail and weak,

And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done

For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand.

Don't let your grief then stay your hand,

For this day, more than the rest,

Your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years

What is to come can hold no fears.

You'd not want me to suffer, so,

When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend only,

Stay with me to the end,

And hold me firm and speak to me,

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will see

It is a kindness you do to me

Although my tail its last has waved

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Don't grieve it should be you,

Who decides this thing to do,

We've been so close, we two, these years

Don't let your heart hold any tears.-

Thankyou for all your kind words and the poems are lovely - :'( :'(

The vets sent me some of her hair unexpectedly yesterday morning - bit of a shock when I opened the envelope - but very thoughtful of them.

:( So sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful Rosie, thinking of you all at this sad time.....sleep softly Rosie.

So sorry! she looks a beautiful dog, its a painful feeling isnt it? but sure you gave her a lovely life, Enjoy your memories and your other dog.

I'm so sorry to read that your beautiful cavalier, Rosie has passed away. I'll be thinking about you when sitting surrounded by my 3 blenheims tonight. :(

Cavaliers are such happy characters and so loving, always wanting to be right there with you / on you / around you like scarves!!!....It must almost feel as if part of you is missing right now.

Mine also lay like 'draught excluders' ....... and as for their snoring!!!!

Remember all those happy times you shared....those 'SPECIAL CAVALIER MOMENTS' :thumbsup:

RIP :wub: BEAUTIFUL LITTLE ROSIE :wub:

Regards

Tracy

Only just seen this as i dont go onto general dog discussion much. So sorry to hear of your loss, :( I cant imagene how terrible you must be feeling but in time im sure the rawness will fade and just happy memories will remain. :huggles:

RIP Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back