The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tess In Season, Nickers?

OEH

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm sure that I read somewhere on here about nickers for bitches in season made by mikki? Could anyone tell me where I can get these from please?

I've seen them in Pets at Home if there is one near you. Otherwise I've seen them on loads of websites.

Do a Knickers google :lol:

jezza said:
I've seen them in Pets at Home if there is one near you. Otherwise I've seen them on loads of websites.
Do a Knickers google  :lol:

OMG imagine what you'll get if you do a knickers google Lucy, especially if you put in knickers for bitches (w00t) (w00t) make sure the kids are out :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Mikki ones and they are great and have also had them made by Wendy's friend in the USA, Patience

Season panties

One tip though, don't bother buying the proper dog pads to go in them, go to Tesco/Asda or wherever and buy their own brand panties liners, much better. And don't bother trying to put the liner in the slot on the Mikki pants, just stick it inside the pants.

Buffy has recently had a season and wore Mikki knickers throughout, they were great :thumbsup: , I just used kitchen roll for pads, and because they are small and black she didnt look daft either :p :b , I got them off Linda, who got them at pets at home

i am so glad this came up as have been talking about it to my partner who thinks im bonkers!! Will ask at pet shops and look online <grin>

especially important as the little lovey sleeps in bed with me under the duvet..... bitch that is, and partner as well but the hot doggie bottle is v important, esp at this time of year!

lol!

i think you'll need to take them off though now and then so she can clean herself, else she might get infected or something.

Thanks guys- I have found some mikki ones on the web :cheers:

i also buy childrens pants and cut the back out for the tail and wear them under the dog nickers so the bitch doesnt get irrateded by them. :cheers:

I never used knickers for my bitches, I just cover the sofa well and wash the covers regularly. In any case my girls clean themselves constantly. Aren't you concerned about the possibility of infection if you prevent your bitches from cleaning themselves?

Seraphina said:
I never used knickers for my bitches, I just cover the sofa well and wash the covers regularly.  In any case my girls clean themselves constantly.    Aren't you concerned about the possibility of infection if you prevent your bitches from cleaning themselves?
They still clean themselves after they relieve themselves. In my case if I go out, my girls get to go panty-free into the crate, and often will put themselves in the crate for a bit after going out to do their business.

No reason to think infection will get in there any more than if they were uncovered - if anything it's more protected from infection by not having their bits open and available to all and sundry germs.

And as much as they clean themselves, they can't when they're sleeping - and my girls flow heavy! One of them for 4 full weeks. And we have non-dog friends/family who I don't think I should subject to sitting on bloody sheets on the sofas and chairs......

The girls cope just fine in their panties.

Wendy

ps - here's the link to the direct page that Dessie was talking about http://www.dogwalkers.net/fancyfannies.html. We don't want to discuss how many pairs we have in the house LOL

there brill I like the hot spotts myself might have to get some ready for indy :D

Seraphina said:
I never used knickers for my bitches, I just cover the sofa well and wash the covers regularly.  In any case my girls clean themselves constantly.    Aren't you concerned about the possibility of infection if you prevent your bitches from cleaning themselves?

I do the same just lots of covers ect which I change regularly and to be honest don't get all bloodied up its just prevention for my suite, I ve had 5 seasons so far now and they keep themselves very clean and thank god for laminate flooring for the odd dribble :thumbsup: I dont think the others would leave them alone they would be trying to pull at them all the time, I think they are a good idea if thats what you want to do but I'm ok without :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back