The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Testicles

jenny lancaster

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there everyone,

I've been looking on the internet for an answer to this question,and am getting nowhere fast.

Does anyone know the rough age that a puppies testicles drop? :blink:

I've a feeling it's about 12 weeks,but may be completely wrong.

If anyone can tell me,i'd be grateful.

Thanx

Jenny :))

HAD THEM IN THE SACK AT 6 WEEKS OLD

HOW OLD HIS YOUR DOG BEST KEEP AN EYE ON IT

AS SOME HAVE THEM IN THE GROIN AND AFTER TO BE REMOVED

BY VET AT A LATER STAGE ;)

When I first got kane at 8 weeks and for a quite while after they were little garden peas, quite hard to definatley feel sometimes(not that I kept feeling them, just wanted to check he had 2 :b ) then they seemed to grow all of a sudden and now he has two large grapes/small plums 8) they were still only small at 12 weeks but you could feel he had them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
*Lesley* said:
When I first got kane at 8 weeks and for a quite while after they were little garden peas, quite hard to definatley feel sometimes(not that I kept feeling them, just wanted to check he had 2 :b ) then they seemed to grow all of a sudden and now he has two large grapes/small plums  8) they were still only small at 12 weeks but you could feel he had them :D

That's a great help you guys,thankyou so much.He's only 3 weeks,and he's going to be shown,so I just wondered how long till I know if it'll happen,and if he'll be able to be shown.

I appreciate that,as I was completely wrong,and it happens alot sooner than I thought.

Cheers for your help

Jenny

JACK' TESTICLES DID'NT DROP UNTIL HE WAS ABOUT FOUR MONTHS,ALTHOUGH WE KNEW THEY WERE THERE :)

My boy Zorro had only one until approaching 6 months old. The second one then appeared. Good news. Now in demand as a stud dog. WHAT A BOY :D

I would be concerned if puppy did not have both of his testicles permanently in scrotum by the time he was 8 weeks. I had a litter where i had 5 testicles at birth and the 6th one coming down in day or two, but i think that if they come down within the first 2-3 weeks that is fine.

If your puppy was sold to you as show prospect without testicles I would question the breeder.

This is 8-9 weeks old puppy

Seraphina said:
I would be concerned if puppy did not have both of his testicles permanently in scrotum by the time he was 8 weeks.  I had a litter where i had 5 testicles at birth and the 6th one coming down in day or two, but i think that if they come down within the first 2-3 weeks that is fine.If your puppy was sold to you as show prospect without testicles I would question the breeder.

This is  8-9 weeks old puppy

Oh,there's nothing wrong with breeder,and the pup is still only 3 weeks old,I just needed a rough estimate that's all,so i've got a guideline.He'll have a wonderful pet home if they don't appear.

Iappreciate everyones help on this.

Thankyou

Jenny

Can we have some pics when you get him Jenny :wub: :wub: :wub: I bet the wait is killing you, when I was waiting for Spry it seemed to be an age :sweating:

I have to admit that i bred him,so he's one of mine.

They all have homes, i was asking about the balls for a friend of mine,who shows,and wanted to know a rough age.

Just to be on the safe side.

Jenny

jenny lancaster said:
Seraphina said:
I would be concerned if puppy did not have both of his testicles permanently in scrotum by the time he was 8 weeks.  I had a litter where i had 5 testicles at birth and the 6th one coming down in day or two, but i think that if they come down within the first 2-3 weeks that is fine.If your puppy was sold to you as show prospect without testicles I would question the breeder.

This is  8-9 weeks old puppy

Oh,there's nothing wrong with breeder,and the pup is still only 3 weeks old,I just needed a rough estimate that's all,so i've got a guideline.He'll have a wonderful pet home if they don't appear.

Iappreciate everyones help on this.

Thankyou

Jenny

:oops: I misread your post, thought he is 3 months

lamping man said:
My boy Zorro had only one until approaching 6 months old. The second one then appeared. Good news. Now in demand as a stud dog. WHAT A BOY  :D
I think it is better not to breed dogs whose testicles drop at a later age than about 3 months (not that late descending would stop me exhibiting a dog). Unless and until we know more what the causes are, I would worry that the dog whose testicles drop far later than normal might be more likely to pass on cryptochidism to his children or grandchildren. (do you know yet how Zorro's male progeny are turning out in that regard?).

I am not only talking about show dogs; the trait is undesirable as there is more risk of health problems in cryptorchids (including torsion and cancer). The risk may not be great but it is greater than for entire males.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back