The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Thanks To Everyone On K9 Com

vivb

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks to all who emailed me about Whippets. I have found a wonderful dog named Pip and he is the MOST perfect little dog I have ever had. I'm so glad I got to him first!! He really is the most wonderful dog. I picked him up on Saturday.

I have a questions though. Why do Whippets sleep so much?? I'm not used to a dog being so quiet and sleeping so much!

I need to find a book on Whippets from the library.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum and especially to Alleycat who did such a wonderful job of training him. I am blissfully happy.

vivb

Belper, Derbyshire

:) Congratulations on getting pip :wub:

Mine sleep all afternoon i have 5, but when they are awake you know it :teehee:

You should try 2, as one is NEVER enough :lol:

Yep mine sleep alot too :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your new whippet Pip have you got any pics for us :D

Congratulations on finding your whippet. Frankie sleeps a lot in comparison to my Dobermann, Chloe and he is a lot more laid back (thank goodness!). Look forward to seeing some photo's.

Congrats on your whippet! :cheers:

Do you have any pics?

Try looking on Amazon website for books. Theres quite a few good whippet books out there. ( i think the ones by breeders are better than the standard breed books which are mainly about general pet care, etc) :thumbsup:

Ps. You dont live too far away from me..im burton on trent!

Hello pip again!!! :)

We met you at pets at home with our Teya the dog that's got the poorly foot, hope all things are going well.

We bought a good book from pets at home on whippets called Pet Owner's Guide To The Whippet by Anne Vickerstaff.

So pleased you found your new friend so quickly, and Allycat must be really happy that Pip's found a great home too! You'll never regret choosing a Whippet, they're the best, and yes, they do love to sleep! :p

Two good books you could look for are:

'The Whippet' by Phil Moran-Healy

'The English Whippet' by E.G Walsh & Mary Lowe

Both of these are excellent reads by well respected Whippet people.

Lots and lots of luck to you and Pip :luck: , and hope you stick with k9, you'll find lots nice people here, and always tons of helpful whippety information :thumbsup:

Lastly.....any piccies yet? :)

Congratulations on your Whippet, hope you have many happy times together ahead :cheers:

Kirsty

Glad youve found your perfect puppy. :huggles: Good Luck :luck: Im sure Pip will sleep a lot (just like babies really) though he will get livelier as he grows. :lol:

congratulations on your new whippet :luck:

I remember reading an article in a dog magazine that said that its a sign of depression if your dog sleeps a lot - it obviously wasn't written by a whippet person!

mine sleep for england!! until it time for their mad half hour, then its best to crouch low and cover your head :- "

oh yeah, walkies, cats and dinner usually bring them round a bit too :thumbsup:

(!) Ehem..... I would just like to point out rule number 10 (!)

If you going to tell us about your lovely cute puppy on a thread :wub: , it must have pictures...... :huggles:

This is the rules...i dont make the rules, ok i made this one....... :- "

Get the pictures on :clown:

Thank you

Kim and Tilly and Bean

:oops:

I'm in trouble now!! Pippy is very camera shy but I did get some of him from above. You can't see his face very well. I have to get them put onto a disk as I can only use these computers as the library.

I promise I will try and get that done asap.

However, I am going on a dogtraining course in Staffs next week so you might have to wait.

Please don't smack me .... hee, hee ...

vivb

Belper, Derby

I suppose we will just have to wait then :- " :lol:

Welcome to K9 Vivb and Pip. Whippets do sleep alot that's for sure but they have the ability to keep one ear permanently on alert whilst they are sleeping just in case anyone sneaks a biscuit or a packet of crisps they need to know about. Looking forward to pictures soon

Jenny

vivb said:
I have a questions though.  Why do Whippets sleep so much??  I'm not used to a dog being so quiet and sleeping so much!
Has no one told you yet! Whippets only have two settings ON (w00t) or OFF -_-

This means they are nice and quiet in the house so you can have lots of them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup:

vivb said:
Thanks to all who emailed me about Whippets.  I have found a wonderful dog named Pip and he is the MOST perfect little dog I have ever had.  I'm so glad I got to him first!!  He really is the most wonderful dog.  I picked him up on Saturday.
I have a questions though.  Why do Whippets sleep so much??  I'm not used to a dog being so quiet and sleeping so much!

I need to find a book on Whippets from the library.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum and especially to Alleycat who did such a wonderful job of training him.  I am blissfully happy.

vivb

Belper, Derbyshire

I have just purchased a lovely book that was recommended to me.

Its called " WHIPPET " by Juliette Cunliffe. If you want to buy the book you can get it on Play.com for £9.99 and delivered free.

I am so glad that i bought it as it has lots of information for a first time whippet owner, such as myself. It is a very colourful book with lots of pictures and easy to understand. You may be able to get it at the library as well.

whippets expend lots of energy running, chasing, jumping -- if they get a chance, as I hope Pip does

and then they make up for it by sleeping most of the rest of the time

my current whippet is little over a year old and is a bundle of energy, but when he is sleeping he sleeps remarkably soundly

sometimes, esp. when he was younger, I'm like a parent afraid of cot death and have to check that my pup is breathing!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back