The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

THE BAN!!!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well i have heard that people are getting told that they should ban boards from there clubs or when there opens are on if boards are not banned they are boycotting there open events...this was a threat to....

well people should have to right to use kickboard if they like and if they fear there dogs are become lame off them then its there right not to use them as its always been

it is coming to a sad state of affairs if people are phoning others threatening them "if you do not ban kickboards from your club we will not attend your opens", why not let them who don't want to run with kickboards not run with them and them that want to run with kickboards use them. ???

So people are expected to give 3/4 yard away at the boxes to dogs that choose to run with a board in just because they have a different opinion!

The vote to ban kickboards was passed so why don't people at least just give it a try.

I look forward to some good racing this year.

I COULD NOT ATTEND THE MEETING AS WE HAD A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON WITH MY SONS ACCIDENT AT THE TIME, WHO I AM PLEASED TO SAY IS DOING VERY WELL NOW.... OTHERWISE WE WOULD OF BEEN THERE.

THANKS TO ALL WHO PHONED ESPECIALY STEVE, PAULEEN AND KEN.

I FOR ONE DO NOT WANT BOARDS BANNED AS FAR AS IT BEEN SAID IT CAUSES INJURIES I DONT THINK SO MYSELF, A DOG CAN GO LAME ANYTIME IN A RACE.

WAIT TILL THEY START OVERSTRETCHING COMING OUT OF A BOX WITHOUT A BOARD, I PERSONALY THINK WE WILL GET THIS MEETING... AND BOARDS WILL BE BACK IN ,

I DONT THINK THE FED WILL BAN THEM, I NO ALL OF OUR CLUBS IN THE NORTH SO FAR HAVE NO INTENTION ON A BAN.... A LOT OF FOLKS WHO VOTED BOARDS OUT HAVE PUT THEIR NAMES ON THE PETITION WHICH I TOOK TO STOCKTON CLUB ON SATURDAY... ONLY TWO PEOPLE DIDNT SIGN IT .

I CAN SEE A POINT MADE ABOUT PEOPLE BEEN UPSET IF ANOTHER MEETING (WHICH WE ARE ENTITELED TOO) IS CALLED BUT I BET NOT AS MANY AS WILL BE IF WE DONT.

WE NEED LESS TROUBLE IN OUR BELOVED SPORT :angry: :D :D ;) ....I WILL CONTINUE TO TRAIN OUR DOGS WITH A BOARD MIGHT EVEN MAKE A NEW ONE ;) ;) :0 .......EVERYONE TO THEIR OWN GOOD LUCK AND A SAFE RACING YEAR TO EVERYONE ...

LONGDOG GARY NOT DEE ??? :0 :p ;)

dont be shy put the name of the person doing the threatening on this site instead of the old old story i heard or someone told me after all we need to know who these people are who think they can ride rough shod over others !!!!!!!

Ask pauline wright she was the one threatered......if she wont tell you i will but not publishing anybodys names on here....could be held libable ;)

View attachment 173

I'm sure I din't need to remind anyone of the posting rules -

[SIZE=8pt]Personal attacks are not welcome. Criticise ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.[/SIZE]

No member or Moderator is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member or Moderator.

And

[SIZE=8pt]Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.[/SIZE]

Thanks

I would just like to make one thing clear and that is

WE ARE NOT AGAINST BANNING KICKBOARDS !!! in fact it is a good idea IF WE ALL BAN THEM..... :D ??? :p

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN 2003 :D

if we have the egm and the ban is removed whats to say that the people who voted for the ban wont vote for it again next year, are we gunna go through this every year or are we gunna find a way to resolve the problem in a way that everybody can agree

Doesn't look like people can agree on it Jade and yeh like you say it could go on for ages!!! If we gave it a try of 12 months and it wasn't working then we could go back - The same as we have done with the presentation now going back to being held in the club house.

Thank goodness the presentation is going back into the club house, their was no atmosphere at all at last years presentation, and maybe we should try the ban for 12 months on kickboards, just to see what happens !!!!!but there is no doubt about memberships going down, can we afford to let this happen !!!!

Yes its good that the presentation is back in the club at night but has any provision been made for people who are only there for the day or have to leave early. Surely a compromise could be made for those people then the people could leave early with their trophy and the people who enjoy the club presentation can do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya, :D yes i agree arangements has to be made for those who cannot attend the presentation due to one reason or another...... :p

Ha ha neil, so now you are saying we should run the dogs off kickboards, :D many more will say it too before long, so how many dogs need to get injured before we all take note, hamstring injuries and many more injuries will occur without kickboards, yes they will get used to running without the boards eventually but with only one main body banning them HOW and WHEN is this likely to happen!!!!! :angry: :D ???

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back