The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Ban

Terry Smith

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
According to the dog press the ban on hunting with dogs would not be applied to coursing. Seems someone has finally realised that the kill isn't the main object of the sport. It is not a hunt in the true sense of the word but a trial of agility & stamina which exempts it from the proposed act. Coursing has also been defined as recreational which of course we always knew.

Terry Smith

Hi Terry,

what publication was this in, somebody else mentioned it to me ?

Many thanks,

Scott.

Thanks for putting the article on Barbara -

I have spoken recently to a couple or so people from NCC's around the country and their reaction has been very cautious so it is very much - 'watch this space' - and keep hoping.

It is of course great news that the Government are still taking advice and coursing clubs have been asked to respond on various points to a questionnaire issued I believe by the NCC - let us hope coursing is excluded and people can walk their dogs without worry of being jailed, fined or losing their animals for innocently chasing a rabbit whilst on a country walk.  

It would also be excellent for coursing and maybe it would give weight to some changes for Scotland.  I hope the 'Powers that Be' really do listen to what they are told.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back