The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Chasing Instinct

uggybugs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ive been having a bit of trouble getting Hubble really keen on the lure but after tonites walk i think ive got it sorted.......hedgehogs.....for the first time Hubble went mad to chase something.....now ive just gotta figure out how to attach one to the lure!!!!! :lol:

:lol: That would stop the dogs all grabbing at it when the race finished. :blink: never had a problem with any of mine they are all crazy for the lure., a bit too mad sometimes. :- Di

Try Hubble on some live game like a squirrel or rabbit, works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
hedgehog on end of lure..mmmm could be interesting..lol

:lol: That would stop the dogs all grabbing at it when the race finished. :blink: never had a problem with any of mine they are all crazy for the lure., a bit too mad sometimes. :- Di

none of my dogs have ever had live game ,just plenty of ragging.

I must agree john squirrels you may get in trouble lots of teaseing with the rag

Are you a anti then John, and I don't mean the opposite to uncle :lol:

it's a dodgy subject geoff, i don't think they should be broadcasting on here what they do with live game :(

it's a dodgy subject geoff, i don't think they should be broadcasting on here what they do with live game :(
Well sleep easy JohnG the hedgehogs are safe :)

Isn't chasing rabbits and squirrels what dogs use to do naturally before we chose to run after a load of plastic??? my dogs are my pets first and hunting is what they do to make their lives interesting, Dogs that are kept on a lead for most of their lives to me are missing out on what they was originally bred for. ONLY MY OPINION, you don't have to try it but like i said it works for me. :thumbsup: Di with four very very happy lurchers who all chase. :lol:

Isn't chasing rabbits and squirrels what dogs use to do naturally before we chose to run after a load of plastic??? my dogs are my pets first and hunting is what they do to make their lives interesting, Dogs that are kept on a lead for most of their lives to me are missing out on what they was originally bred for. ONLY MY OPINION, you don't have to try it but like i said it works for me. :thumbsup: Di with four very very happy lurchers who all chase. :lol:
lots of folk on this site come from hunting/lurchers long my i hunt and we get lurcher folk into this sport of non/ped raceing

lots of folk on this site come from hunting/lurchers long my i hunt and we get lurcher folk into this sport of non/ped raceing :- ;) :wink: ;)

I don't intentionally take mine out to hunt or catch live game but chase them and catch them they do its the natural instinct and living in the countryside there are plenty to chase hate it when they get one though

Get your drift John ;)

was out lastnight for a shine,,with g.w.n,,nothing wrong with the dog,s catching there tea,, :- :teehee:

lots of folk on this site come from hunting/lurchers long my i hunt and we get lurcher folk into this sport of non/ped raceing :- ;) :wink: ;)

I think a lot of people on here should try lurcher racing, (whole different ball game) you can tell when at a lurcher race who's dogs hunt and who's dogs don't, the ones that don't are the ones who just want to play with other dogs when racing the true working (or dog that is aloud to work) is the one who runs up the field and all he wants is the lure, no turning their heads, not attacking others at the end and most run back because that's what the owners have trained them to do after catching their pray, be it squirrels (vermin) rabbits, (vermin) or just a rat, (vermin).

I was born on a farm so maybe that's why i like the country ways if I'd been born in London maybe i would have a different out look on life, but i wasn't and i haven't.

Di the murderer. :lol: :lol:

I think a lot of people on here should try lurcher racing, (whole different ball game) you can tell when at a lurcher race who's dogs hunt and who's dogs don't, the ones that don't are the ones who just want to play with other dogs when racing the true working (or dog that is aloud to work) is the one who runs up the field and all he wants is the lure, no turning their heads, not attacking others at the end and most run back because that's what the owners have trained them to do after catching their pray, be it squirrels (vermin) rabbits, (vermin) or just a rat, (vermin).

I was born on a farm so maybe that's why i like the country ways if I'd been born in London maybe i would have a different out look on life, but i wasn't and i haven't.

Was it Old Mac Donalds farm Di :lol: Hazel thinks you was born in a barn, because you kept on leaving our front door open on saturday :D

Was it Old Mac Donalds farm Di :lol: Hazel thinks you was born in a barn, because you kept on leaving our front door open on saturday :D
thats becase she was on the hunt for something lol

:eek: Was you watching me Steve, :lol: I'm always on the hunt for some thing, (isn't every body)? :- I've found what i was looking for thou. :lol:

it's only my opinion as well. maybe it works for you :( but so does ragging a puppy at a early age :(

as for trying lurcher racing no thanks

is'nt hunting with dogs banned ??

happy hunting

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back