The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cholmondeley Castle Game & Country Show

Tea_juice

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
At the Tatton Park Show earlier this month we were handed a leaflet at the gates for the Cholmondeley show coming up this weekend. We really enjoyed Tatton, and as Cholmondeley isn't far from us we were thinking of going to this one too. But is it the same kind of thing as Tatton? Have looked on their website and it sounds pretty good, but no one seems to be talking about it like they did beforehand with Tatton. Is anyone here going?

It's much the same but if you're referring to the lurcher show etc it's the Lurcherworld champion of champions for showing racing & coursing as well as open showing over the 2 days. Personally I'm not going as I'm judging elsewhere :(

I'm sure someone will be able to give you more details as some K9ers are involved with Lurcherworld :))

Tea_juice said:
At the Tatton Park Show earlier this month we were handed a leaflet at the gates for the Cholmondeley show coming up this weekend. We really enjoyed Tatton, and as Cholmondeley isn't far from us we were thinking of going to this one too. But is it the same kind of thing as Tatton? Have looked on their website and it sounds pretty good, but no one seems to be talking about it like they did beforehand with Tatton. Is anyone here going?

Cholmondeley Castle is The LurcherWorld Finals weekend. The dates are Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October. Prices to Lurcher and Terrier Handlers are a fiver for adults children free.

The schedule is:

Open show Both days for Lurchers and Terriers to start 10.30 am.

The Lurcher Judge on Saturday is Karen Curtis and the Terrier Judge is Lesley Maxwell.

The Lurcher judge on Sunday is John Bromily and the Terrier judge is Brian Nuttall.

Both open lurcher and Terrier show winners qualify for the Championships to be held on the Sunday.

The Child Handling winner on the Saturday will qualify for the Child Handling Championship which starts after the open show on the Saturday. Sundays winner will qualify for next years Championship.

Racing Championships, simulated coursing, Over 23" Straight Racing and Under 23" Straight Racing, will start at aprox 3 pm on the Saturday - open to qualified dogs.

There will be no open racing on over this weekend due to lack of time.

Singleton Cup Final for Lurchers and The Living Heritage Challenge Cup Finals for Terriers will start at 11.45 am on the Sunday.

Triple Crown - Open to championship winners, Lurchers and Terriers, from the DRWLC, Pride of the Peaks and Lurcherworld will start at aprox 5 pm on the Sunday.

Good Luck to all those who have qualified.

hoping to be there, have to see what happens here tho, be great to see some k9 faces :thumbsup:

rumour has it that its gonna be better than belvoir ! :- "

j o:) hn

hope to have a good weekend a couple comin all the way from cornwall so dogs wont be 100% as they would of travelled 8 hrs??????? but they will give it 100% hope everyone has a good weekend see you there mark

markbrick said:
hope to have a good weekend a couple comin all the way from cornwall so dogs wont be 100% as they would of travelled 8 hrs???????  but they will give it 100% hope everyone has a good weekend see you there mark
now now..........no excuses. :p i aint used that one once and we travel from scotland after ferrying from belfast....tut tut mark.. ;)

this time were going via liverpool ferry..dogs will be locked up and unchecked for 8 hrs :eek: :eek: now thats something to shit our pants to :oops:

j o:) hn

We will be there too. I was hoping that Hebe would be able to have a run in the sim coursing but if I've read HarryS post rightly then she isn't going to be able to enter :( as she hasn't qualified. We went to Tatton & could enter on the day, she got into the semis on the day but wasn't good enough to get further.

We are still going tho as it will be a good show & also tonight someone asked if Rafferty will be in their flyball team as one of the regular dogs is injured.

Now as flyball is about the only thing Raffy can do (cos it doesn't involve any brain power:wub:) , I couldnt really say no.

So I'll see you all there then. I'll be the one with the sulky little grey & white lurcher (cos she cant have a run :( ) & the manic bedlington (cos flyball really winds him up (w00t) )

Julie

markbrick said:
hope to have a good weekend a couple comin all the way from cornwall so dogs wont be 100% as they would of travelled 8 hrs???????  but they will give it 100% hope everyone has a good weekend see you there mark
Been going down to Cornwall for years and its never taken me 8hrs, And thats to Mikes Palmers house at Truro, what form of transport are you using pony & trap :D

milly said:
markbrick said:
Been going down to Cornwall for years and its never taken me 8hrs, And thats to Mikes Palmers house at Truro, what form of transport are you using pony & trap :D

i know mike well but theres a lot of traffic on a 30 at moment i can usually do truro to chorley in 5 and a half easy hours but with caravan????? and i always need an excuse so i exagerate a bit just in case my dogs do no good i learnt that one on here

markbrick said:
milly said:
markbrick said:

i know mike well but theres a lot of traffic on a 30 at moment i can usually do truro to chorley in 5 and a half easy hours but with caravan????? and i always need an excuse so i exagerate a bit just in case my dogs do no good i learnt that one on here

Look you take no notice of Milly, pony n tra[p indeed :lol: hes not all there uptop, you set off early n take your time, the a30 is a wicked road, better to arrive safe n sound than not at all :luck:

keith :thumbsup:

Tea_juice said:

Not far from me, im hoping to be there Sunday

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back