The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2008

Drift

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The 10th Annual Cornish Lurcher Championships and The Endurance Challenge are being held at The lurcher Showground on the 16th and 17th of August 2008.

This year The Endurance Challenge is the focus for the whole of Saturday, And now with Prize Money!

There will be a cap on the gate, a £10 entry fee per dog that will automatically enter your Lurcher into all five of our working events where they will be judged on a point system, each Lurcher will receive one point for entering an event and will be given a further point for each round that they are successful in. After each event the scores will be added together and displayed for owners and spectators to track the dogs progression. Then at the end of the day the points will be accumulated and a total will be reached so we will be able to announce the most successful all-round Working Lurcher.

There will be a cash prize of £80 for the Winner,£40 for Reserve, and third will recieve £20,

We will also be presenting Personalised Certificates as keepsakes of the day along with Rossettes to the top six place winners .

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Straight Racing

This exciting open event gives all Lurchers a day to recover from their journey, get used to our grounds, and to prepare for the Championships the next day.

After the Competition has ended all entrants are invited to join us that evening for a free barbeque with mulled wine on site to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Cornish Lurcher Championships.

Sunday - The Cornish Lurcher Championships

14 'Best in Cornwall' Titles to be won

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Under 23 inch Straight Racing

23 inch and Over Straight Racing

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies to Champions, Reserves and extra class champions

Keeping in mind how expensive going to shows can be, we are happy to say that we are able to hold our prices once again this year so Sundays gate entry is just £2-50 per person (with the usual concessions of £1 for children and OAPs) all of Sunday’s classes are £1-50 per entry and on site Camping is available and is still only £3-00 for a pitch per night (please confirm). We hope that this all makes for a brilliantly action packed yet affordable weekend and one not to be missed.

Signposted on the A394 Falmouth to Helston road, Cornwall.

For any further information click on my signature for our website

or call Linda and Keith on 01326 340438

Good luck one and all!

stormydog said:
sundays events look the ticket for me  :thumbsup:
If you come on a madman,thumbing a lift to Cornwall with a couple of w/g with him,be sure and gave him a lift.as the poor critter,wrecked his car today,and wrote off another one.He's in not too bad a state,but very much in pain at the moment.Fingers still work though,and there is enough cable,to let the keyboard,and monitor reach the floor.Stupid so n so pheasant's,should all be shot at the end of the season,and they should not be allowed near road's. A very thankfull to be alive,Billyboy now 47.

billyboy45 said:
stormydog said:
If you come on a madman,thumbing a lift to Cornwall with a couple of w/g with him,be sure and gave him a lift.as the poor critter,wrecked his car today,and wrote off another one.He's in not too bad a state,but very much in pain at the moment.Fingers still work though,and there is enough cable,to let the keyboard,and monitor reach the floor.Stupid so n so pheasant's,should all be shot at the end of the season,and they should not be allowed near road's. A very thankfull to be alive,Billyboy now 47.
Billy is the driver of the other car ok?

WHO ARE THE LURCHER JUDGES FOR BOTH DAYS?

milly said:
billyboy45 said:
stormydog said:
Billy is the driver of the other car ok?

2nd accident in 30 years,and both after only reversing a few feet,and not realising there was summit behind me.If you check,there is a blind spot,just in behind you,when you're driving,and if you cant use you're rearview mirror for whatever reason,then you can't see in there,from driver's wing mirror.If the car wasn't so close up my ass in the 1st place,i probibly would have seen it.As it is,i accepted responsibility,and that saved any argument's.I could have said i stopped,and the car behind came into me,as that was exactly how it seemed,as the car behind is alway's in the wrong.Well,99.9%anyhow.But that's not me.I will pay my due's. OPP'S .Sorry for hijacking you're thread Keith.I'll be off now mate.How's em pup's doin. ...Billy...

:cheers: Looking forward to attending this year, missed the last few, so will be good to get back down and run the dogs.

See you all there

ladyp said:

Hi Pat,

Our Judge for sunday's Showing is Mr Mark Hitchen, renowned Owner & breeder of successful Lurchers :thumbsup: !

Unfortunately there is no Showing on Saturday, this is due to the whole day being devoted to The Endurance Challenge :eek: .

If you can make camp on Sat eve it would be nice for you to join us at the barbeque :cheers: .

Drift said:
ladyp said:

Hi Pat,

Our Judge for sunday's Showing is Mr Mark Hitchen, renowned Owner & breeder of successful Lurchers :thumbsup: !

Unfortunately there is no Showing on Saturday, this is due to the whole day being devoted to The Endurance Challenge :eek: .

If you can make camp on Sat eve it would be nice for you to join us at the barbeque :cheers: .

Many thanks,thinking about coming down on a Friday evening. :cheers:

ladyp said:
Drift said:
ladyp said:

Hi Pat,

Many thanks,thinking about coming down on a Friday evening. :cheers:

As always with us, the more the merrier :cheers:

Here's a sneaky peek at Sundays Trophies

The Champion trophies are 12.75 inches tall

The Reserve trophies are 11.75 inches tall

2008%20trophies%201.jpg

Here are all 22 of them

2008%20trophies%202.jpg

2008%20trophies%203.jpg

We hope you like them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trophies looking good

hoping 2 get 2 the show any 1 else planning going great show

Joe

We always try to have something a little different each year as our Special Raffle and this years is a mantle clock with celtic running dog design

special%20raffle%202008.jpg

it's very heavy and we couldn't get a photograph to do it justice but it gives you an idea :)

I have been to the show for the last two years and must say its one of the best around! I will be going again this year and will be racing my own puppy for the first time so i hope one of those trophies has my name on it :teehee: Hope the weather improves but we'll still be there rain or shine 8)

chopper said:
I have been to the show for the last two years and must say its one of the best around! I will be going again this year and will be racing my own puppy for the first time so i hope one of those trophies has my name on it  :teehee:   Hope the weather improves but we'll still be there rain or shine  8)

hi tish we see who name on the cup like i said west london v cornwall see u there he doing he sits up getting hes six packs ready for the show :lol:

dieselwilde said:
chopper said:
I have been to the show for the last two years and must say its one of the best around! I will be going again this year and will be racing my own puppy for the first time so i hope one of those trophies has my name on it  :teehee:   Hope the weather improves but we'll still be there rain or shine  8)

hi tish we see who name on the cup like i said west london v cornwall see u there he doing he sits up getting hes six packs ready for the show :lol:

Hi April,think you better try your luck at the raffle you might win that lovely clock because the trophy has our name on it :D

chopper said:
dieselwilde said:
chopper said:

Hi April,think you better try your luck at the raffle you might win that lovely clock because the trophy has our name on it :D

Is there not a few pups after that trophy chopper.Im hoping to here some good news about them pups too,seein as their mum is in pup to Pyper,(STERNS BROTHER)She will be poppin them out soon.

billyboy45 said:
chopper said:
dieselwilde said:
chopper said:

Is there not a few pups after that trophy chopper.Im hoping to here some good news about them pups too,seein as their mum is in pup to Pyper,(STERNS BROTHER)She will be poppin them out soon.

#

billy...the..pups..i.breed.r.just.4.a.few.days.2.old.2.race.in.pups.would.of.gav

e.a.goold.race..

Thanks to our lovely friends at

rcbanner.jpg

and their continued support, we are pleased to announce that every Cornish Champion and Reserve Cornish Champion 2008 will again receive a bag of Royal Canin's top quality dog food in addition to your Trophy and Rosette.

You could be in this line up this time next week :thumbsup:

2007cornishchamps.jpg

Some of the 2007 Cornish Champions

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back