Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Countryside Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennymeadow Whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
[SIZE=14pt]For Anyone Wanting To Support The Countryside Alliance [/SIZE] ;)

Countryside Alliance launches Hunting Act repeal website

Martha Terry, H&H news desk

16 December, 2008

The Countryside Alliance has launched a website to encourage people to register their support for the repeal of the Hunting Act.

Supporters can also air their comments on why the Act should be scrapped.

Countryside Alliance chief executive Simon Hart said: "The Alliance is giving everyone who believes in fairness and liberty the opportunity to register their opposition to the most pointless and illiberal piece of legislation the current government has passed.

"The political tide is changing and the repeal is becoming increasingly likely."

More than 1,800 supporters had signed up during the website's first day live.

Visit www.repeal.org.uk

can't see why anyone would want to support the CA they did little or nothing for coursing when the ban was going through.

Mark Roberts said:
can't see why anyone would want to support the CA they did little or nothing for coursing when the ban was going through.
Totally agree with you on this one mate, they did the coursing lads few favours. They were happy with our support when we marched in london then ignored us in favour for the fox hunting community. I personally wouldn't give them the steam off my P**s

Last edited by a moderator:
The C.A are the only people that are fighting the ban in any form yes coursing did go first but without them still fighting shooting/Fishing/Dog Racing/Pigeon Racing & many more of your sports & pastimes will go labour/Anti's/RSPCA are all the same but just under different names they all work together & their aim is a total ban on ALL fieldsports.

Mark Roberts said:
totally agree with you there.just a money making machine for the tory boys with no brains .when was the last time spliff cameron mentioned it -_- or said anything about the coursing fraternity never.its all about the the money on the horses.he talks it down because its a vote loser.you need a q,c. after your name and i dont mean qaulity control (w00t) .to be of importance.theyll gladly take your money for nothing, could be done under the trade discriptions act. (w00t) ,there are like dinosaurs and we know what happened to them :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
The C.A are the only people that are fighting the ban in any form yes coursing did go first but without them still fighting shooting/Fishing/Dog Racing/Pigeon Racing & many more of your sports & pastimes will go labour/Anti's/RSPCA are all the same but just under different names they all work together & their aim is a total ban on ALL fieldsports.
Fishing will never be banned, it's a multi million pound industry and the biggest participated sport in the UK.

If the future of Angling ever came into doubt there's far bigger organisations than the Countryside Alliance that would defend the anglers cause, Like the Environment Agency who rely on Anglers license fees to fund the work they do.

I'd go so far as to say that most anglers haven't got a clue what the CA do and who they are. You only have to look at the figures the CA's got 107,00 members and yet there's an estimated 3 MILLION anglers in the UK.

Le Clare said:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Fishing will never be banned, it's a multi million pound industry and the biggest participated sport in the UK.

I hope not but i think a lot of people thought the same about some forms of Hunting before The working mans party :lol: :lol: got in to power & started to bleed the country dry :thumbsup:

Hope fishing don't get banned you'll miss your favourite meal trouty

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the countryside Alliance that organised the marches across the country to object to the hunting ban.John went to London.Edinburgh and Manchester with the Countryside Alliance did you go too..........John also went to rallies at the racecourses with countryside alliance also it was members of the Countryside Alliance who broke into the commons to object and got arrested......They may not have succeeded but at least they did try. To be a part of the Hare coursing when it was the real thing you had to be members of the CA and the gamekeepers association you dont mean to tell me you didnt support them then ?

The Working Whippet Club have supported the Countryside Alliance at some of their events this year by doing Lure Coursing displays & will be doing the same next year :thumbsup:

Have The East Anglia Whippet Coursing Club done anything to support the C.A this year or does the silence say it all.

controversial said:
Mark Roberts said:
totally agree with you there.just a money making machine for the tory boys with no brains .when was the last time spliff cameron mentioned it -_- or said anything about the coursing fraternity never.its all about the the money on the horses.he talks it down because its a vote loser.you need a q,c. after your name and i dont mean qaulity control (w00t) .to be of importance.theyll gladly take your money for nothing, could be done under the trade discriptions act. (w00t) ,there are like dinosaurs and we know what happened to them :thumbsup:

Hunting isn't just for the Toffs there are a lot of working class who like and supported hunting of all sorts from fishing to shooting and hare coursing to fox hunting.This smacks of inverted snobbery.

I think that people will find that without the CA`s intervention, there would be no dog work at all , the exemptions that we enjoy on rabbit and rat would not exist

sue greenwood said:
controversial said:
Mark Roberts said:

Hunting isn't just for the Toffs there are a lot of working class who like and supported hunting of all sorts from fishing to shooting and hare coursing to fox hunting.This smacks of inverted snobbery.

It sure does sue,, :thumbsup:

Clarissa.jpg

TV cook Clarissa Dickson Wright says a good hare can outrun a greyhound.

rigsby said:
I think that people will find that without the CA`s intervention, there would be no dog work at all , the exemptions that we enjoy on rabbit and rat would not exist
Good point rigsby. wonder how long it will be before a complete ban becomes law. :(

I cant believe some "working" folks attitudes. As PM says, CA are the only orginisation fighting for a repeal, so unless you are happy with your bag chasing, get of ya arses and support the repeal!!

I certainly wont lay down and accept this unjust law, and will never stop fighting,, and would expect the same attitude from anyone visiting this section of the forum!!

Keep hunting, fcuk the ban!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back