The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Dog Cafe

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Josie, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

I always think it's because they smell more intense of tree dwellers, squirrels or birds maybe... or maybe it's that it's fresher and less scented by ground life... until it's been on the ground for a while at least!

2. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

Yesterday I saw something lovely, so I thought I'd share. On the village playing fields there was a lady pushing a pushchair as fast as she could go, with a grinning cockerpoodlysummat going like stink beside her (offlead) with the biggest grin on its face, and a small sprog in the pushchair also grinning and loving every moment.

RGC and JudyN like this.
  3. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

It's things like that that lift your heart :)

Something that puts me in a good mood is when I hear a bike bell behind me and move myself and Jasper over to the side of the path, the cyclist comes past me at a sensible speed and says thank you, and we carry on on our way. Such a small thing, so simple and easy to do - two people showing common courtesy and respect for each other - but so much better than all the 'I hate cyclists/pedestrians/dog owners' we hear most of the time. Oh, and dog owners who read my body language and see J's muzzle, and make sure that their dog doesn't get too close. It's so easy to focus on the interactions that aren't like this.

In other news, I read of a new discovery today - ancient Egyptians revered both pharaoh hounds and cats, and one pharaoh, by the name of Lirpaloof, managed to cross them. Most of the cat DNA has disappeared now, but genetic analysis has revealed that sighthounds still retain a small amount, which explains their love of comfort and warmth, and their occasional bloody-mindedness, I mean independent spirits...

JoanneF likes this.
  4. Tarimoor

Tarimoor New Member Registered

:D:D:D:D:D

5. RGC

RGC Well-Known Member Registered

JudyN, Do you want to buy a spaghetti bush? Pastastultus family. Fruits just once annually usually about now. We’ve got loads in orchards in Herefordshire.

6. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

I always thought spaghetti grew on trees, in southern Switzerland? They are an absolute classic crop for this time of year.

Though that could be a load of bolognese, of course.

Hemlock and RGC like this.
  7. RGC

RGC Well-Known Member Registered

Touché.